PDA

View Full Version : Remembrance & Veteran's Day

Rookies
11-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Fast approaching as it is, I hope some of the Vets here don't mind if I kick off this tribute to them early.:ThmbUp:

They are all in our debt for the self sacrifice they made on behalf of their families and countries and the freedoms and liberties we enjoy today as a result. This is especially the case on forums like these where we all have the luxury to vigorously debate controversial ideas, thoughts and causes, because of them.

BRAVO

For me, there is a video which captures Canada's opinion which surfaced in the past 10 years. I hope you enjoy it! http://vodpod.com/watch/3712186-terry-kelly-a-pittance-of-time-official-version

And to my father who served in the Canadian Navy and my father-in-law, the U.S. Army (and who's death occurred on NO 11), God bless you!

lamboguy
11-07-2010, 07:54 PM
if you ask me, everyday should be veteren's day. these are the bravest of the brave and deserve to be treated better than what we do for them. if anyone has been to any of these places that we have had wars lately they would tell you that it was no picnic.

thanks to all the veteren's on this board and everywhere in our great land.

Beachbabe
11-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks for starting this.

For my great uncle who was killed on Guam in July of 1944.

For my best handicapping buddy who won a bronze star & was wounded twice with the First Air Cav in Vietnam

To my brother who serves with the Marines in Afghanistan (Happy Marine Corps birthday tomorrow, bro).

For the guys & girls I tended to in the 144th Med Battalion during Operation Desert Storm

Your sacrifices will always be remembered.

prospector
11-10-2010, 09:18 AM
semper fi marines...its our birthday today..:jump::jump::jump:

ArlJim78
11-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Happy Veterans Day to all PA vets, servicemen and/or women.

thanks to all for your service and sacrifices.:ThmbUp:

cj's dad
11-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks to all here who served; you are special people.

BillW
11-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Thanks to all here who served; you are special people.

hear hear!

newtothegame
11-11-2010, 09:24 AM
A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including their life. That is beyond honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer remember that fact.
Let it never be forgotten your sacrifices!!!

Rookies
11-11-2010, 09:47 AM
A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including their life. That is beyond honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer remember that fact.
Let it never be forgotten your sacrifices!!!

It is that NEW, but increasingly it is rendering visible those who didn't pay the ultimate sacrifice, but have come back home broken with injury, both physical and mental. In Canada, there has been a rightly increase in homage paid to the fallen through symbols like the Highway of Heroes, (http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?128600-Highway-Of-Heros-Longest-Drive-(Montage)) by public and government.

However it has been juxtaposed by apparent government disinterest, (and in my mind dis-service) to the injured. BOTH need to be properly honoured and cared for.

RaceBookJoe
11-11-2010, 09:58 AM
A thank you to those who serve, have served and will serve. It's the heroes from our Armed Forces that allow us to be who we are. When i think of the men and women serving and risking their lives right now while I sit at home facebooking and handicapping horses...its not even close to an even tradeoff. rbj

Robert Goren
11-11-2010, 10:08 AM
To all our vets. It is great honor to live in a country you fought for. You are what made and kept this country great. I wish you only the best.