PDA

View Full Version : THE PERCENTAGE EDGE RESULTS TODATE 11/7

Enigma
11-07-2010, 07:33 PM
74 Selections...36 Winners...48.6%
Bet 1480 Return 1871 Profit 391 R.O.I. = +24.6%

lsosa54
11-08-2010, 10:43 AM
I don't think you're getting enough "pub" here, Enigma. Seems to me on 74 selections, that's a heck of a job - almost a 50% hit rate with a 25% ROI. Hope you keep it going. Sign me up for the book and/or seminar

Enigma
11-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the kind words, there will be no book or seminars, I come from the old school that believes if you develop a formula, approach, method, system or whatever you want to name it, in the pari-mutuel world you keep it to yourself. From time to time I post 100 selections on various web-sites to prove to the "experts" that it is possible to make money betting VALID low odds horses. If I am successful again and there are still 26 selections to go it will be six successful ventures. 600 selections showing a positive R.O.I. without rebates, I believe I'm proving my point.

pandy
11-08-2010, 01:20 PM
I think it's interesting when people post certain types of plays and keep stats like you do. Some people on here post horses but never the stats. The fact that your plays are showing a profit with mostly favorites is remarkable. If you don't mind my asking, do you look at the pps, or are you using a printout from a system. I guess what I'm asking is, are you just using your ratings or also looking at the past performances?

theguarantee
11-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Good question, I'm interested too...do you have simply superior ratings or do you do some sort of combination of rankings and analysis. GL keeping up the profits.

riskman
11-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Nice work there, Enigma. Using a solid money management plan for your high win percent method should yield even more dollars over time. These "prime" plays with a nice positive ROI posted for all to see. Way to go and hope you continue to have the racing gods on your side.

teddy
11-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Enigma vs Ray in harness.... check out his 700 or so wagers. How they do this is unreal.

lsosa54
11-08-2010, 03:01 PM
I think Enigma stated he determines at least a 30% edge for each selection by factoring in speed, class, and morning line in some combination.

teddy
11-08-2010, 03:30 PM
But what if you die and the knowledge is not passed on. Will it just goto waste. Better let me have a copy!!! :lol:

Enigma
11-08-2010, 06:17 PM
WOW !!!

Thanks for the interest, like all winning players I use the past performances to generate the ratings, one rule I have, I seldom go beyond 45 days. Next I use my top 3 contenders and eliminate any that do not meet the M/L criteria. To become a wager the horse has to have a certain percentage advantage.
Hey! if I ever decide to return to the UK I may do a Dave Swartz (hope the spelling is correct) and offer each copy at $82.00 plus shipping. LOL.

Nets
11-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Count me as one of the impressed. Little fanfare, solid success at a fantastic win rate, and you're not trying to sell it to me. Very nice work. Now.....sell it to me......lol.

pandy
11-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Enigma is right, if he sells his methodology it will surely hurt his bottom line. I'm not going to mention the name of the system (others have posted about it here), but years ago I developed a spot play system that tested extremely well when it was run against a 300,000 race result data base. So, anyway, I put it for sale and it has sold very well over the years. I still use it every day myself but there is no doubt that the average win mutuel has dropped and the system is not as potent as it once was.

tbwinner
11-08-2010, 09:08 PM
It's good enough that he's posting here.

Keep it up Enigma! I like looking at your picks for determining NON-vulnerable favorites.

Light
11-08-2010, 09:15 PM
WOW !!!

if I ever decide to return to the UK I may do a Dave Swartz (hope the spelling is correct) and offer each copy at $82.00 plus shipping. LOL.

My guess is your system eventually bottoms out around +10% ROI with a much larger data sample.Would you agree?

lamboguy
11-08-2010, 09:53 PM
i never have the time for this but keeping records will help you imensely. if you are losing more than your share you should look to improve by looking back and figure out what you did wrong.

pandy
11-08-2010, 11:23 PM
My guess is your system eventually bottoms out around +10% ROI with a much larger data sample.Would you agree?

If his method bottoms out at 10%, that's awesome. There are professional horse players who barely reach 10% and they have to sweat through losing streaks on their costly exotic wagers.

Enigma
11-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Light,

The average annual return for the years I've wagered this way is 10.8%.
The number does not include rebates. The golden years were when I was betting off-shore with Pinnacle and receiving a 7.0% rebate.

lsosa54
11-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the interest, like all winning players I use the past performances to generate the ratings

What data provider do you use or does it not matter?

Enigma
11-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Used to be TSN now I use Brisnet Condensed PP's

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Hey! if I ever decide to return to the UK I may do a Dave Swartz (hope the spelling is correct) and offer each copy at $82.00 plus shipping. LOL.No need to be an ass about things.

As if it was that hard to discover the correct spelling of the man's name...for starters.

Enigma
11-10-2010, 10:12 AM
PA.

There is also no need for you to be an ass. Did you not observe LOL at the end of a "tongue in cheek" comment. If Dave happens to be offended then I do apologize. By the way you no longer need to be my watch dog, I'm moving on, life is too short for this kind of nonsense.

pandy
11-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Enigma, Pace likes to dish it out but he doesn't like it when he gets a taste of his own medicine.

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2010, 01:19 PM
PA.

There is also no need for you to be an ass. Did you not observe LOL at the end of a "tongue in cheek" comment. If Dave happens to be offended then I do apologize. By the way you no longer need to be my watch dog, I'm moving on, life is too short for this kind of nonsense.Someone is definitely thin skinned around here, and it isn't me.

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Enigma, Pace likes to dish it out but he doesn't like it when he gets a taste of his own medicine.How exactly do I dish it out?

If someone would have intentionally misspelled your name and taken a jab at you like Enigma did, I would have posted the same exact thing.

Just because the guy posts some winning picks doesn't mean he gets a free pass to bust on someone else.

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2010, 01:35 PM
:D

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2010, 01:46 PM
By the way you no longer need to be my watch dog, I'm moving on, life is too short for this kind of nonsense.I'm the entire board's watch dog if you haven't noticed. And I agree, nonsense it certainly was.

Enigma
11-10-2010, 02:52 PM
I have to respond, there was no outcry by the members, or even Dave, They all saw it for what it was TIC. You made it an issue and decided to bust on me.
For goodness sake, lighten up. You are making yourself look foolish. Please smile and move on.

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I have to respond, there was no outcry by the members, or even Dave, They all saw it for what it was TIC. You made it an issue and decided to bust on me.
For goodness sake, lighten up. You are making yourself look foolish. Please smile and move on.What exactly is tongue and cheek about mauling a fellow board members name (a well known and well respected name in the industry no less, and someone I've known for years) in addition to giving him a little dig about his business?

Maybe if someone can explain that to me (perhaps pandy can start), I can understand exactly how I screwed up in my interpretation.

As for looking foolish, that part doesn't concern me, especially since the only one telling me this is you.

:D

Light
11-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Mauling? :faint: I hope that's your sense of humor talking.

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Mauling? :faint: I hope that's your sense of humor talking.You're really the last person who should be joining this conversation. But given your history, no surprise at all that you are here.

pandy
11-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Pace, when I saw your remark to Enigma I thought it was a bit over the top, but then today you also posted this to jamey on another thread (see below in quotes),

"It's becoming a little too obvious that our friend Jamey would rather bitch, moan and complain about how impossible this all is rather than seek new avenues of wisdom to help further him along towards his goal."

which I thought came across as a bit nasty, too. You and I had a spirited debate about Zenyatta and the BC Classic, which I had no problem with, your remarks did not come across as personal, to me, but these did. That being said, maybe Enigma over reacted a bit too, but I didn't think his wise crack against Dave was a big deal.

It's too bad though because Enigma had pretty much the best thread on the entire site.

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2010, 03:53 PM
It's too bad though because Enigma had pretty much the best thread on the entire site.He's welcome to continue. Nobody is kicking him off. If he quits over this, then who exactly has the thin skin?

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2010, 03:56 PM
"It's becoming a little too obvious that our friend Jamey would rather bitch, moan and complain about how impossible this all is rather than seek new avenues of wisdom to help further him along towards his goal."Somebody needs to show that boy some tough love, wouldn't you agree? I held silent through his first 10 threads complaining about how winning is impossible...how many more does he need to post?

Light
11-10-2010, 04:07 PM
You're really the last person who should be joining this conversation. But given your history, no surprise at all that you are here.

I'm aware of your attitude towards me,which is why I don't post nearly as often as I used to. You do a good job of alienating people.

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2010, 04:13 PM
You do a good job of alienating people.Yes, my website stats certainly bear that theory out... :rolleyes:

In your case, if you feel alienated, that's probably for the best. I'm sure the HandiFast guys would agree with me 100%

Don't act as if I had it out for you Light. You brought all that on yourself.

atlasaxis
11-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Count me as one of the impressed. Little fanfare, solid success at a fantastic win rate, and you're not trying to sell it to me. Very nice work. Now.....sell it to me......lol.

LMAO!! :lol:

Kudos Enigma, great job and continued success!

teddy
11-10-2010, 05:14 PM
WOW !!!

Thanks for the interest, like all winning players I use the past performances to generate the ratings, one rule I have, I seldom go beyond 45 days. Next I use my top 3 contenders and eliminate any that do not meet the M/L criteria. To become a wager the horse has to have a certain percentage advantage.
Hey! if I ever decide to return to the UK I may do a Dave Swartz (hope the spelling is correct) and offer each copy at $82.00 plus shipping. LOL.

I find that interesting but some have been in the 2.80 range. Can that still be an ml advatage somehow... Im just not clear on that part. I will have to go back and look at some of the ML on the really chalky ones.

headhawg
11-12-2010, 12:50 AM
In your case, if you feel alienated, that's probably for the best. I'm sure the HandiFast guys would agree with me 100%

Don't act as if I had it out for you Light. You brought all that on yourself.Yup. Goes without saying for me; other people can read those Handifast threads and judge for themselves. The evidence seems pretty clear though.