PDA

View Full Version : Zenyatta's Run Stride

cpitt84
11-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Do you think zenyatta had the stride length for this race? watching the replay, i didnt see that massive stride run that she had for her previous 19 races. Maybe the dirt?

I suspect different results if this was run, again, in Santa Anita.

You could just tell, at least I could, that she was not totally comfortable on dirt.

garyscpa
11-07-2010, 05:35 PM
You mean the new dirt track at SA, right? :)

cpitt84
11-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah, forgot that is what they are doing.

your thoughts on her stride? Just want to see if other people saw something differently.

cpitt84
11-07-2010, 06:45 PM
There was an article that stated smith went to the whip 23x in the stretch run. The author concluded, from the start, that zenyatta's heart was not in this race. It's hard to say for sure but her stretch drive did look slightly off.

Maybe I am the only one who thinks this. :p

garyscpa
11-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I thought she closed like a freight train.

PICSIX
11-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Looked to me like she didn't take hold of the track early in the race. She wasn't comfortable.

cpitt84
11-07-2010, 07:05 PM
i thought she closed like a freight train too. I am just wondering if she hit her patented stride like her previous races. To me, she looked a little off and it might have something to do with the dirt.

garyscpa
11-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Probably something to do with running against faster horses.

ronsmac
11-07-2010, 07:19 PM
There was an article that stated smith went to the whip 23x in the stretch run. The author concluded, from the start, that zenyatta's heart was not in this race. It's hard to say for sure but her stretch drive did look slightly off.

Maybe I am the only one who thinks this. :p
3 people who i know that analyze stride in determining if a horse will route said it looked slightly off also . Particularly in early stretch.

The Judge
11-07-2010, 07:38 PM
much has been made of the surface difference between poly and dirt. Of course there is a difference but so what all tracks are different. Ship to California anyway its Santa Anita, Hollywood Park, Del Mar they are paying real money.These are 3 of the biggest venues in the U.S if not the world.

Just how is it that no one shipped out to Zenyatta for two years.

Anyone remember Gio Ponti, ran second to Goldikova and second to Zenyatta. This horse was a turf horse took a chance and ran in the classic. If it was all about the Poly he was on the right surface. He was beat by a better horse.

She ran in 3 Breeders Cup races winning two and loosing by nose this year. She ran wherever the BC was located. Doesn't seem as if she was ducking anyone to me.

O.k what has she done this year let me ask this "if she wins the BC" she is HOY no question.

Well, if that would have good enough this year, why wasn't it good enough last year when she DID WIN IT?

She can run on anything and beat male and female alike that's good enough for me. On top of all of this she was better last year.

garyscpa
11-07-2010, 07:43 PM
much has been made of the surface difference between poly and dirt. Of course there is a difference but so what all tracks are different. Ship to California anyway its Santa Anita, Hollywood Park, Del Mar they are paying real money.These are 3 of the biggest venues in the U.S if not the world.

Just how is it that no one shipped out to Zenyatta for two years.

Anyone remember Gio Ponti, ran second to Goldikova and second to Zenyatta. This horse was a turf horse took a chance and ran in the classic. If it was all about the Poly he was on the right surface. He was beat by a better horse.

She ran in 3 Breeders Cup races winning two and loosing by nose this year. She ran wherever the BC was located. Doesn't seem as if she was ducking anyone to me.

O.k what has she done this year let me ask this "if she wins the BC" she is HOY no question.

Well, if that would have good enough this year, why wasn't it good enough last year when she DID WIN IT?

She can run on anything and beat male and female alike that's good enough for me. On top of all of this she was better last year.

You do realize that the male horses would have had to undergo sex reassignment surgery to challenge her in CA this year. She only ran in filly and mare races. The only time she faced males in 2009 was the BC Classic.

cpitt84
11-07-2010, 07:52 PM
3 people who i know that analyze stride in determining if a horse will route said it looked slightly off also . Particularly in early stretch.

Thanks for this. Yeah, it was obvious to me in the beginning but in the end, I didn't see it. I've watched her replays from other races hundreds of times and it seems that the dirt surface limits her ability to fully stretch.

FenceBored
11-07-2010, 07:54 PM
You do realize that the male horses would have had to undergo sex reassignment surgery to challenge her in CA this year. She only ran in filly and mare races. The only time she faced males in 2009 was the BC Classic.

Yes, he does. Sigh. It's his schtick, let him get it out of his system.

garyscpa
11-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks for this. Yeah, it was obvious to me in the beginning but in the end, I didn't see it. I've watched her replays from other races hundreds of times and it seems that the dirt surface limits her ability to fully stretch.

I've read that poly gives the horse a better grip so maybe that's so. Surprising that Shirreffs thought it was her best surface.

cpitt84
11-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I've read that poly gives the horse a better grip so maybe that's so. Surprising that Shirreffs thought it was her best surface.

Yes, definitely surprising. Her two races on dirt she didn't have to work in the stretch.

in the BCC 09, you could see she had a greater stride, with head down, and got that extra length.

She would have beaten Blame on poly.

garyscpa
11-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Yes, definitely surprising. Her two races on dirt she didn't have to work in the stretch.

in the BCC 09, you could see she had a greater stride, with head down, and got that extra length.

She would have beaten Blame on poly.

Damn Breeder's Cup. They only held them at SA two years in a row. :D