PDA

View Full Version : Revenge for the Heidi Bowl

Mike at A+
11-07-2010, 04:55 PM
For those old enough to remember the 1968 game between the Oakland Raiders and New York Jets where the Jets were leading 32-29 with 50 seconds remaining, NBC switched over to the Shirley Temple classic Heidi. Oakland scored two touchdowns and won 43-32.

Today, in Pennsylvania, with the Jets down 20-17 and about to receive a punt with under two minutes remaining, the ball was snapped and kicked and it looks like the punter might have been run into when the asshole TV station switched to the 4:00 Eagles game. I furiously ran to my radio but couldn't get the NY station that carries the Jet game so I uttered several expletives. My dejection turned into joy as I saw the score flash 20-20 on the Eagle game and eventually 23-20 Jets. It's a good thing there were no bricks nearby.

JustRalph
11-07-2010, 05:13 PM
They kept it live on the NY Jets game here in Baltimore area. Sanchez did a nice job.......... I guess if you are in PA you are gonna get the Eagles no matter what.............

cj's dad
11-07-2010, 06:56 PM
The rule is that the NFL must switch to the 2 home markets at the start of the game !