PDA

View Full Version : Racing on the net

Bluenose
09-19-2003, 05:04 PM
We get a lot of US racing on cable tv in England 7 nights a week. For example today I can watch Calder/Monmouth/Belmont/Arlington/Bay Meadows and GLD.
I love watching the US racing and would be grateful if anyone could tell me where I can watch other meetings on the net. Not allowed to sign up for youbet/tvgnetwork etc because of the archaic laws in US. Help please!

cj
09-19-2003, 05:29 PM
Do you know anything about Belgium? Will I be able to see much racing there?

As for free video on the net, most of it has dried up. I've used a few off shore operations in the past that offered video, but I honestly don't know if it is still available. If you want to find it, the best place to look is the track web site itself.

Here is a link to DRF that shows which tracks offer video and audio on their sites. I can't speak as to how accurate it is, but its a start.

Daily Racing Form track list (http://www.drf.com/racing_links/links_tracks.html)

Thanks in advance if you know anything.

Bluenose
09-19-2003, 05:34 PM
Dont know much about racing in Belgium to be honest. I think there are tracks at Ostend and Sterrebeek. I believe its mainly trotting.

DJofSD
09-19-2003, 08:01 PM
Bluenose,

Does you PA moniker have anything do to with "The Sting"?

DJofSD

Bluenose
09-20-2003, 07:31 PM
a Bluenose is a fan of Birmingham City :D

JustRalph
09-20-2003, 11:58 PM
I haven't used this in a while.........but it is still up ...

Try the link below:

http://www.pngaming.com/cgi-bin/pngshow.cgi

JustRalph
09-21-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Bluenose
a Bluenose is a fan of Birmingham City :D

I thought it was an ass kisser with a Smurf for a Boss!!

Seabiscuit@AR
09-22-2003, 01:56 AM
Bluenose

I have exactly the same problems as you as I live outside the USA but like to follow USA racing and do some exchange betting on it. I have investigated which tracks have live coverage as I like to see my horses run when I bet them.

www.betehorse.com (EHORSE) is a good site with some free coverage (Play for Fun feature) but mostly rubbish tracks.

Go to letitride.com and you can look up a list there. Not all tracks listed will offer free vision but several will.

From memory the following tracks had free coverage via their homepages:

Santa Anita, Del Mar, Golden Gate, Bay Meadows, Gulfstream, Philadelphia.

I remember being able to watch the following tracks via the letitride link - Fair Grounds, Tampa Bay. Turf Paradise in Arizona has live audio but not vision (but I think ehorse cover this one for you).

Most of the above applies to the USA winter time which is when I follow it. I have not followed it since the Kentucky Derby but will do so in the winter again this year.

There used to be a Yahoo racing site that had live coverage for lower grade tracks but I am not sure if it is there any more. Last few times I tried it my computer crashed so I gave up then I heard it had been shut down.

I recall that the Maryland tracks (Laurel and Pimlico) did not have any free coverage at all so forget them.