PDA

View Full Version : Hey New York...Repubs getting another one?

JustRalph
11-07-2010, 01:43 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40044923/ns/politics-decision_2010/

They "misreported" the vote tally..............?

I am very skeptical

rastajenk
11-07-2010, 04:54 AM
I can't believe some of the goofy methods of reporting votes that are revealed every election as still being used, seemingly for nefarious reasons.

When that Board of Elections was sitting around a planning meeting, and someone says, "Hey, you know we could get a jump on things if we had each precinct call in their totals and we'd write them down," and nobody in that meeting says, "That sounds terribly unreliable".... it's impossible to accept that at face value. That county, and many others across the country, need new election officials.

Tom
11-07-2010, 10:16 AM

The quest for how to cast a stupid vote continues.
Are we really that much a nation of morons?

NYS took a 50 year step back in time with this new system. The lever system we was the state of the art - it was better than anything out there.
So of course, NY got rid of it.

All this state needs is a huge toilet seat to cover it up!

delayjf
11-07-2010, 12:17 PM
All this state needs is a huge toilet seat to cover it up!

Funnier than hell :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
11-07-2010, 01:25 PM
...All this state needs is a huge toilet seat to cover it up!

An invasion by New Jersey?

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2010, 01:42 PM
I can't believe some of the goofy methods of reporting votes that are revealed every election as still being used, seemingly for nefarious reasons.

When that Board of Elections was sitting around a planning meeting, and someone says, "Hey, you know we could get a jump on things if we had each precinct call in their totals and we'd write them down," and nobody in that meeting says, "That sounds terribly unreliable".... it's impossible to accept that at face value. That county, and many others across the country, need new election officials.Exactly. What the hell is the point of using computers to scan these ballots. The computers should be reporting the totals DIRECTLY to some central location. Relying on PEOPLE at the polling place to read and then write down and then phone in the numbers just leaves things RIPE for corruption in my opinion.

johnhannibalsmith
11-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Exactly. What the hell is the point of using computers to scan these ballots. The computers should be reporting the totals DIRECTLY to some central location. Relying on PEOPLE at the polling place to read and then write down and then phone in the numbers just leaves things RIPE for corruption in my opinion.

You know, it's amazing that this isn't the exact reason why these things are computerized to begin with. Why wouldn't you want someone to audit the raw data from these places looking for problems - like a single machine consistently reporting the same sequence of votes - to make the thing work the way it's supposed to?

I couldn't believe when I read this thread that this is still protocol... what the hell good is the fancy technology?... government contacts?

BlueShoe
11-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Going from 3500 up to 400 down must sure be a real shock. Way to go New York, good to see that you may be just as screwed up as California and might be sending another Republican to Congress.:ThmbUp: :)

Spiderman
12-06-2010, 06:59 PM
New York ranks 47th of 50 states in getting voter turn-out, as a % of eligible voters. Now, I know why.

NJ Stinks
12-06-2010, 10:38 PM

What exactly was it that happened in 1176?

I must have forgotten the significance, Mr. 57 States. :rolleyes: