PDA

View Full Version : Blame, Zenyatta, Smith, What about some kudos for G Gomez11

Skanoochies
11-06-2010, 07:51 PM
All this talk about Blame winning is true. Zenyatta running her heart out. True.
No mention about the great ride of Gomez. A horse rolls over him the day before the Breeders cup. Has to ice his shoulder between races.
Wins five races on the two days.

One hell of an exhibition if you ask me.

Nice weekend Garret. :ThmbUp:

GregReinhart
11-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Absolutely. Garrett took some heat earlier this year, and I thought kind of got lost behind Dominguez, Leparoux and Velazquez in the discussion as "elite riders," and no offense intended to those other great riders, but this weekend he absolutely showed he is the best rider in North America.

RXB
11-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Gomez rode Blame perfectly.

cj
11-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Gomez rode Blame perfectly.

I mentioned in another thread that his drifting out towards Z was big.

Robert Goren
11-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Ever since I first saw him at Fonner Park as bug boy 20 odd years ago, I thought he had something magical about him. He has his bad spells, but he always seems to come back.

CincyHorseplayer
11-06-2010, 08:29 PM
He got through a tight hole that was closing and crunched up and it jostled him around pretty good for about a hundred yards.Blame lost quite a bit of momentum too.He ran a hell of a race.

delayjf
11-06-2010, 08:44 PM
and it jostled him around pretty good for about a hundred yards.Blame lost quite a bit of momentum too.He ran a hell of a race.

I just watched the replay and while it did get tight, I disagree that Blame lost momentum and was jostled for 100 yards - at best they may have brushed briefly.