PDA

View Full Version : Where was quality road lol?

toussaud
11-06-2010, 07:32 PM
I mean he was there.. then he just wasn't. I just remembered about him. What did he end up doing?

Tom
11-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Losing.

ArlJim78
11-06-2010, 07:41 PM
he finished back with the rest of the "mere curiosities"

cpitt84
11-06-2010, 07:42 PM
watching the replay i started laughing because that distance, CLEARLY, was not favorable for him.

Most of us knew that and yet it was good to see zenyatta run past a lot of good horses out there.

Robert Goren
11-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Sometimes class counts. He was in way over his head today. Another good horse made to look great on paper by speed numbers against weaker horses. He is not the first and won't be the last.

Tom
11-06-2010, 07:43 PM
The 11 was giving him a sushi recipe.

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2010, 07:46 PM
watching the replay i started laughing because that distance, CLEARLY, was not favorable for him.

Most of us knew that and yet it was good to see zenyatta run past a lot of good horses out there.I wish I could be right 100% of the time. Must be nice.

horses4courses
11-06-2010, 07:47 PM
If the BCC was run at GP over 9 furlongs, he might have figured.

Jasonm921
11-06-2010, 07:48 PM
The front 5 collapsed coming off the turn.

cj
11-06-2010, 07:55 PM
The front 5 collapsed coming off the turn.

He was cooked, though not very good anyway. The pace was certainly hot.

CincyHorseplayer
11-06-2010, 08:51 PM
I'd hardly call a sparingly raced horse making his debut on a fast track at 1 1/4 and getting roasted in a speed duel a POS.

cpitt84
11-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I wish I could be right 100% of the time. Must be nice.

What are you talking about? :faint:

Shelby
11-06-2010, 08:59 PM
The 11 was giving him a sushi recipe.

OMG funniest line of the day:lol::lol::lol::) I needed that!

toussaud
11-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Espior City actually ran pretty well all thigns considered. Ran way better than Quality road, he was actually in it for a shot at something when they hit the turn.

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2010, 09:03 PM
What are you talking about? :faint:Talking about this:

Most of us knew thatThe "most of us knew that" part is what got me. I see one line in his past performances where he was beaten a mere length going a mile and a quarter.

You started laughing? That distance CLEARLY was not favorable to him?

Since I picked QR on top, I take offense to your comments. :lol:

Like I said, must be nice to always be right.

toussaud
11-06-2010, 09:05 PM
I don't think he looked all that good, I didn't like the plan they had comign into the race, i didnt' like how he was working out.. he was just a toss all around.

A quality road on the top of his game is at least it in the stretch drive. this horse just called a yellow cab when they went into the turn

JustRalph
11-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Espior City actually ran pretty well all thigns considered. Ran way better than Quality road, he was actually in it for a shot at something when they hit the turn.

I thought he ran pretty well.........all things considered.

Charlie D
11-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Looking at CJ Pace fig it's probably no surprise First Dude QR, Haynesfield, Espoir City were cooked and burnt by straight call.

cpitt84
11-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Talking about this:

The "most of us knew that" part is what got me. I see one line in his past performances where he was beaten a mere length going a mile and a quarter.

You started laughing? That distance CLEARLY was not favorable to him?

Since I picked QR on top, I take offense to your comments. :lol:

Like I said, must be nice to always be right.

I picked QR to be of the leading horses but I knew that the classic distance was not favorable for him to win it.

Before the race, I never said he wouldnt win it. I just didnt think that distance would suit him and many people have agreed on it.

JustRalph
11-06-2010, 09:31 PM
I thought the same thing about Shared Account.........when I took him off my Pick3 ticket......... :bang: :bang:

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2010, 09:31 PM
I picked QR to be of the leading horses but I knew that the classic distance was not favorable for him to win it.

Before the race, I never said he wouldnt win it. I just didnt think that distance would suit him and many people have agreed on it.No harm, no foul. You can't win every race, right? Congrats on being right about QR. I just thought the price on him was too good to pass up.

As long as I win my share of races, I'll happily lose my share as well.

cpitt84
11-06-2010, 09:32 PM
No harm, no foul. You can't win every race, right?

I know.

JustRalph
11-06-2010, 09:40 PM
No harm, no foul. You can't win every race, right? Congrats on being right about QR. I just thought the price on him was too good to pass up.

As long as I win my share of races, I'll happily lose my share as well.

Boo Hoo for you!! All that Shared Account Money in your pocket I am surprised you could reach the computer to place a wager...............

Bubbles
11-06-2010, 09:45 PM
My thinking with QR was that he could hit the board. Looking at his form, the only place he's been truly, consistently GREAT has been Gulfstream. Everywhere else, he's been fine, but with the pace up front, on a dead rail, going a distance that he probably didn't want to go, I felt comfortable relegating him to the second tier. When he couldn't beat out First Dude for the lead, and got stuck on that rail, his day was over.

Wish he'd have gone in the Dirt Mile. Even with the pace there, he'd have probably had that field over a barrel.

Grits
11-06-2010, 10:01 PM

Most of us knew that and yet it was good to see zenyatta run past a lot of good horses out there.

CP, you knew this, like you knew you wanted 6 year old Z to run in the Triple Crown next year? OOOOOOKKKKKKK.:lol: Jus' teasing you, but really there is a very long learning curve to this stuff.

cpitt84
11-06-2010, 10:04 PM
CP, you knew this, like you knew you wanted 6 year old Z to run in the Triple Crown next year? OOOOOOKKKKKKK.:lol: Jus' teasing you, but really there is a very long learning curve to this stuff.

You certainly have a knack for teasing, that's for sure.

Yeah, it was a "stupid" thing to say but I dont think that warrants an all or nothing judgment.

But i can see why you would think this. Veterns always trump the newbies.

Grits
11-06-2010, 10:07 PM
I tease a lot when stuff gets too deep because humor's often a Godsend.

Sorry, I'll not try again.

cpitt84
11-06-2010, 10:20 PM
I tease a lot when stuff gets too deep because humor's often a Godsend.

Sorry, I'll not try again.

Or you like to be a newbie in her place ;)

pandy
11-06-2010, 11:58 PM
If they keep racing this horse, which I doubt they will, and race him in races less than 10 furlongs he'll win most of his races. As a miler/sprinter I would imagine that he can beat anyone. He's an outstanding racehorse.

rastajenk
11-07-2010, 04:34 AM
The sixty days since his last may have been a factor, too. That was questionable from the start, and with the benefit of hindsight, it now seems foolish. That's not to say that maybe he needed top-level competition like in the JCGC, but there were probably some other easier spots out there that would have given him something more than a workout.

badcompany
11-07-2010, 07:27 AM
To add insult to injury, with daylight savings time, QR's time, when he finally finishes, will be one hour slower:lol:

tucker6
11-07-2010, 07:31 AM
To add insult to injury, with daylight savings time, QR's time, when he finally finishes, will be one hour slower:lol:actually, the joke is on you. Since clocks were set back one hour, he would finish an hour earlier. ;)

Bullet Plane
11-07-2010, 07:59 AM
All the pace horses faded, which tells me there was a very fast pace or the internals were very fast...

1) the first three internals 23 and 1, 23 and 4, then 24 flat.

2) The pace horses have ran close to other horses in other races.

3) The field was spread out, very spread out...i.e. fast pace

4) The horse that should have been the most advantaged with this scenario was Z...however, she did not run down the mid-pack horse.

stuball
11-07-2010, 08:12 AM
I think that pace pressure is not all about the time. some horses cannot take
the pressure of other horses all over them on the lead..pressure of the big crowd can do some in pre race and during the race...the connections of ZEN
kept trying to control the noise in the paddock and on the way onto the track.
Now Zen is used to crowds screaming but what I am trying to say is --horses
can pick up on the actions of those they are used to like the groom etc.
We know for a fact QR had issues with distractions so his dismal performance
could be partially attributed to some of that despite the fact that he loaded
quietly..many things make up a winning race....

Stuball

tucker6
11-07-2010, 08:17 AM
All the pace horses faded, which tells me there was a very fast pace or the internals were very fast...

1) the first three internals 23 and 1, 23 and 4, then 24 flat.

2) The pace horses have ran close to other horses in other races.

3) The field was spread out, very spread out...i.e. fast pace

4) The horse that should have been the most advantaged with this scenario was Z...however, she did not run down the mid-pack horse.In the end, Zenyatta came across a horse with as much class as her who also was running to his favored style as well. Yes, Z was advantaged by the race dynamics, but so too was Blame. If you listen to the jockey post race, he says that Blame had gas in the tank expecting a late challenge from Z. As they ran past the wire, Blame was still running strong, but IMHO, Z had an empty tank, and was not going to catch him at any point. Just a great race if you like race dynamics and related handicapping.

JohnGalt1
11-07-2010, 09:14 AM
In defense of Quality Road---at least he allowed himself to be loaded in the gate this year.

ArlJim78
11-07-2010, 09:23 AM
I think that pace pressure is not all about the time. some horses cannot take
the pressure of other horses all over them on the lead..pressure of the big crowd can do some in pre race and during the race...the connections of ZEN
kept trying to control the noise in the paddock and on the way onto the track.
Now Zen is used to crowds screaming but what I am trying to say is --horses
can pick up on the actions of those they are used to like the groom etc.
We know for a fact QR had issues with distractions so his dismal performance
could be partially attributed to some of that despite the fact that he loaded
quietly..many things make up a winning race....

Stuball
couldn't agree more. sure time is a factor, but the mere fact of having company on the front end can take its toll even with a seemingly moderate pace. there are subtle dynamics involved with regard to positioning that use up energy.