PDA

View Full Version : PA harassment

andicap
09-07-2001, 11:23 PM
Unfortunately, ignoring this stuff may not help.

PA is being harassed plain and simple and this goes beyond "fun."

I have known PA for 11 years -- he's not perfect, but he's a decent guy who would never do any of these things that he is accused of. Has he always exercised the best judgment on this board? No, but I don't think anyone should get slammed for a couple of missteps.
Yes, I defended him some of those times and got burned. But the total picture remains the same: PA is just a regular guy like all of us spending his own money because he likes to talk horses.

On the whole, he does a great job here. Anyone who compares this site with the Derby List would certainly say this is far more interesting for handicappers. I've searched around for a lot of sites and this is the best one that I know of to talk handicapping (outside of private chat rooms and such).

The problem here is that the future of this board could be jeopardized by a few people who hold a grudge against him because he did not like the flame wars thats broke out here last year.

I have seen flame wars on other boards and they destroy boards, they drive people away. I saw it on Prodigy six years ago and it was ugly. Three of four people destroyed the best horse board ever.

People can accuse PA of being a "censor," but he's just protecting a board he has put a lot of his time, money and sweat into. He doesn't need this. He could just say, 'why do I need this crap?' and get on with his life.

This is getting beyond just "fun and trash talk" as some like to call it. It is getting personal and ugly.

And no, I am not PA. He's taller than I am.

But I will tell you something. I used his original software back in 1992. It was a clunky, incredibly unfriendly affair that had no right to work using the adjustments he did.

Except that I had a winning year using it, my first winning year ever. If I had the balls to bet certain longshots that came in back then I would have made a lot more money. Several years later I was with him when we hit a $64 horse using his program that wiped out all my losses from the Saratoga meet (where I was not using his software.)

Why don't I use it still? It was just too hard to use and PA does not feel like upgrading it because he has better things to do as he's not selling it. And he's made changes that don't fit my style of play. In short, our handicapping methods have diverged since then.

I will stand up for PA and this board to anyone at anytime anywhere.

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2001, 11:28 PM
Thanks Andy.

Dave Schwartz
09-08-2001, 12:03 AM
Andicap,

Yeah, twice what you said!

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

NoDayJob
09-08-2001, 10:31 PM
That dog doesn't hunt. The only thing that will destroy a board are close minded people. Much as I hate to say it the Yahoo 'trash and cash' format seems to work so far. Not much on handicapping but it's still there. DRF was the best when they kept it open. Some short sighted posters complained and guess what? It went into the dumper. Food fights occur on all boards. The best way to handle situations like that is to ignore them. Just post your stuff and let the sh!t fall where it may without taking it personally. I'm not condeming PA. Far from it. Just giving one man's oppinion. PA is entitled to run this board anyway he sees fit because he pays for it. We are merely guests of his. No reply necessary. -NDJ

Topcat
09-09-2001, 12:50 AM
I think PA runs a great board.

As for the Yahoo Horsplayers United board-it add sno value to anyone other than a few lsot souls who have apparently very little life of their own. it reminds me of so many geese crapping. Not only is there nothing usefull in it but don't you want to waste your time stepping in it.

(just ask the folks with homes on Lake Tahoe about that one)