PDA

View Full Version : Which track announcer do you find yourself imitating the most?

Stillriledup
11-05-2010, 10:16 PM
My favorite guy to imitate the most is Eddie B at Los AL. In fact, i sound just like him when i say "and away they go"

I also love imitating Michael Wrona, "RACING"

Announcers from back in the day i loved to imitate was Phil Georgeff, "here they come spinning out of the turn" and marshall Cassidy "has the lead"

wisconsin
11-05-2010, 11:14 PM
I imitate every announcer at some time or another, so does my brother. My favorite is Jack E Lee. I can't really duplicate the voices too well, but my diction is spot-on.

Stillriledup
11-05-2010, 11:17 PM
I imitate every announcer at some time or another, so does my brother. My favorite is Jack E Lee. I can't really duplicate the voices too well, but my diction is spot-on.

I do a good Bob Meyer!

thaskalos
11-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Phil Georgeff.

jballscalls
11-05-2010, 11:26 PM
everytime i'm memorizing QH horses before the race i go through the field while doing my Eddie Burgart impression, the guy is awesome!

I've had complete conversations with people in the voices of Luke, Vic and Robert Gellar before

turfnsport
11-05-2010, 11:27 PM
When my wife is in the mood I use a Trevor...Vic combo

This..is....un... believe....able......YES!!!!!!!!!

JustRalph
11-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Tony Calo

Tom
11-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Good one, RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRalph!

v j stauffer
11-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Tom Durkin

JustRalph
11-06-2010, 01:03 AM

Don't tell me she would have to sprout wings to catch up to you ?

Robert Goren
11-06-2010, 07:57 AM
I have been known to say "And here comes the Captain"

Pace Cap'n
11-06-2010, 09:38 AM
"They're not going to catch him today!"...Phil Saltzman

Peter Berry
11-06-2010, 10:03 AM

Moving like a weiner.

garyoz
11-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Marshall Cassidy

Stillriledup
11-06-2010, 10:09 AM
I love Marshall, totally old school. Today's announcers refuse to NOT call after the wire. I mean, when they hit that wire

STFU.

Marshall shut up, so could you.,

phattty
11-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Richard Grunder

makes me pay attention and not listen to whomever is calling

MooseDog
11-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Marshall Cassidy

:ThmbUp:

v j stauffer
11-06-2010, 10:50 AM
I love Marshall, totally old school. Today's announcers refuse to NOT call after the wire. I mean, when they hit that wire

STFU.

Marshall shut up, so could you.,

When Marshall was calling there were barely trifectas. Certainly not supers or high fives. People want to know who has finished in those under positions. That's why we don't STFU.

Tape Reader
11-06-2010, 11:22 AM
...As sixty-three thousand, two hundred and ninety-three racing fans move closer to the fence, that means one thing:

Stillriledup
11-06-2010, 11:22 AM
When Marshall was calling there were barely trifectas. Certainly not supers or high fives. People want to know who has finished in those under positions. That's why we don't STFU.

People can watch the races with their eyes and see who finished 3rd and 4th, they don't need some announcer telling them the wrong horses. You've killed me in the past by miscalling 3rds and 4ths for huge money and so has Trevor.

Peter Berry
11-06-2010, 11:33 AM
People can watch the races with their eyes and see who finished 3rd and 4th, they don't need some announcer telling them the wrong horses. You've killed me in the past by miscalling 3rds and 4ths for huge money and so has Trevor.

If they can see who finished third and fourth, they can see who finished first and second, correct? Announcers are a total waste of space.

bdownes
11-06-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't know how everyone can see who was 3rd or 4th since some tracks zoom in on the winner so if u didn't listen to the announcer then you couldn't possibly know.

As an announcer.. u try and pick out was is going on behind the winner late but sometimes there is alot going on with horses fading badly late and horses making late runs who have no chance to win but could run into the tri or super or hi 5. There is only so much you can spit out in those last few seconds.

U can literally say a horse is in 3rd and as u are saying it.. the horse gets passed. The critic will say that u should anticipate it. Well if u do that and the horse holds on then you get criticized again. Damned if u do.. and damned if u don't. lol

My answer to the original question. I imitate Phil Georgeff, Luke, Durkin, Trevor, and even Vic as I caught myself last week saying "these two throw it down". The check is in the mail Vic. It won't happen again.

rastajenk
11-06-2010, 12:51 PM
:D I thought you were imitating Ed Meyer from the River.

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2010, 01:10 AM

STFU.

Marshall shut up, so could you.,What the hell is wrong with you?