11-05-2010, 02:26 PM
:lol:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s254/hunkoburninlove/kocan.png

andymays
11-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Wow. Nice. :ThmbUp:

JBmadera
11-05-2010, 02:39 PM
guess he didn't really care about fair and balanced after all....can you say 'TOUT'

jballscalls
11-05-2010, 02:43 PM
damnit, i was just coming to post this!! i felt like a kid on Christmas when i found this out!

JustRalph
11-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I feel sorry for him.

His Water Bill is going to be Sky High!!

His Neighbors are going to have no Water Pressure at all.........

All the stores are going to be out of Mr. Bubble and kids will be unable to purchase Rubber Duckies for miles around............

:lol: :lol:

andymays
11-05-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm pretty sure he knew that when the new owners took over he was going to be gone anyway.

Robert Goren
11-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Like O'Reilly and Beck at Fox, Obermann is a commentator.

bigmack
11-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Like O'Reilly and Beck at Fox, Obermann is a commentator.
And?

redshift1
11-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Suspension Noun... is a form of punishment that people receive for violating rules and regulations.

Canned verb... Fire from job

ArlJim78
11-05-2010, 03:06 PM
this frees up a slot for Alan Grayson whose entire congressional career of 2 years was one long MSNBC audition.

Robert Goren
11-05-2010, 03:14 PM
I suspect that Christine O'donnell will be hired to replace him as MSNBC needs a token Tea Partier.:rolleyes:

rastajenk
11-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Had to :D :D at the "his or her standing as an impartial journalist" line in the ethics policy summation.

I hope it affects his Sunday night gig, too.

bigmack
11-05-2010, 03:30 PM
I hope it affects his Sunday night gig, too.
Old news.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s254/hunkoburninlove/kocan2.png

serp
11-05-2010, 03:41 PM
He deserved it. Wish Fox would can theirs too. Unfortunately, emotion sells and logic does not.

andymays
11-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Keith Olbermann is as ethical as he is emotionally stable

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/05/keith-olbermann-is-as-ethical-as-he-is-emotionally-stable/#ixzz14RGsDeYU

Tom
11-05-2010, 04:09 PM
I hate to say it, but even a news person has a right to support his candidates, and it is really none of my business who that is.
OB should have been canned for his pathetic on-air work, not his politics.

I see it a un-American. Even for a dirt bag like this one.

bigmack
11-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Who knew MSNBC had 'journalistic ethics', thus the suspension. They let those 5 Goofs wax poetic idiocy and they haul-out an ethics violation on this unhinged fool?

rastajenk
11-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Old news.:lol: Well, I never.

That is, I never watch it because of him, so I hadn't noticed. :D

Bill Kristol is in his corner, though. (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/keep-keith_514980.html)

Mike at A+
11-05-2010, 05:23 PM
They should replace him with Rosie O'Donnell. She's just as crazy and Madcow can have a new playmate.

JustRalph
11-05-2010, 05:36 PM
They should replace him with Rosie O'Donnell. She's just as crazy and Madcow can have a new playmate.

Buy Duracell Stock !!!

ArlJim78
11-05-2010, 06:23 PM
a shame they ended his worst person in the world segment, Keith could have put the frame around his own mug.

BlueShoe
11-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Seriously, until a permanent replacement can be found, who will fill his slot? Does Chrissy stay over an extra hour, or does the little sweetie(?) come in early? This must be a very coveted gig among lefty broadcasters, and bet that they are lining up already. There is also the possibility that MSNBC execs already had someone in mind when the axe fell on Kay Oh.

Mike at A+
11-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Is Alan Colmes available? I miss his goofy mug.

BlueShoe
11-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Is Alan Colmes available? I miss his goofy mug.
How about Randi Rhodes, is she available? Or would she be too much for even MSNBC? Yea, kind of think so.:D

Tom
11-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Seriously, until a permanent replacement can be found, who will fill his slot? Does Chrissy stay over an extra hour, or does the little sweetie(?) come in early? This must be a very coveted gig among lefty broadcasters, and bet that they are lining up already. There is also the possibility that MSNBC execs already had someone in mind when the axe fell on Kay Oh.

A natural fit would be......Jerimiah Wright!

Tom
11-05-2010, 07:07 PM
How about Randi Rhodes, is she available? Or would she be too much for even MSNBC? Yea, kind of think so.:D\

Get rid of your High Def sets! :lol:

HUSKER55
11-05-2010, 08:43 PM
ONE DOWN AND SEVERAL MORE TO GO

NJ Stinks
11-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Hey, he put his money where his mouth is. Much better than doing the opposite.

Can't imagine Keith won't be back especially since he's MSNBC's top draw.

BlueShoe
11-05-2010, 09:12 PM
You mean that both of their viewers left?:eek:

Tom
11-05-2010, 09:31 PM
If MSNBC airs a news show and no one watches it, do the host still sound like morons?

JustRalph
11-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Hey, he put his money where his mouth is. Much better than doing the opposite.

hmmm.....maybe not

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/11/05/tv-newser-insiders-say-olbermann-wont-be-back/

The bastard was paid 7 million a year........he can walk away just fine.

What a great week this has been........now if I could just make a little more money tomorrow.......... :lol:

JustRalph
11-05-2010, 10:06 PM
If MSNBC airs a news show and no one watches it, do the host still sound like morons?

You mean if a Teleprompter falls in the studio and nobody hears it........is the prose still idiotic left wing drivel?

ArlJim78
11-05-2010, 10:13 PM
"suspended indefinitely without pay" is an action with an air of finality about it.

My sense is they wanted to get rid of him, and he won't be back.

witchdoctor
11-05-2010, 11:26 PM

that's easy. The answer is yes.

jballscalls
11-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Ralph,

this is for you my friend, because i looked at the Olbie thread at DU and they are going nuts!!! here is one of my favorite replies!!

OK....I've had it....this is the last straw....

DO NOT sit idly by while a mega-corporation sh*ts on Keith Olbermann -- one of the greatest journalists and political commentators of our time.

His voice must not be silenced!

Keith Olbermann has a right to make a political donation to anyone he wants!

It's time to RISE UP, Democrats. STAND UP to this injustice!

THROW OFF THE SHACKLES OF YOUR CORPORATE MASTERS AND STOP BEING SLAVES!

ArlJim78
11-05-2010, 11:39 PM
lol, this blog (http://jammiewearingfool.blogspot.com/2010/11/theyre-so-cute-when-they-get-angry.html)has compiled some of the outrage at daily kos over Olby's sacking. they're losing their minds. here is one of them.

You need to grow some balls and defend this network’s liberal slant. Or resign and make room for someone who will. It is a service to the country to have at least one network that has the courage and the decency to provide the public with factual news combined with analysis based on liberal values. It provides a much needed perspective that is sorely missing and underrepresented in the public debate. You should not be embarrassed or defensive about providing such an essential service to the country. You should not apologize or feel the need to punish your staff for providing this service. No one in this country is surprised that Olbermann contributed to Democrats. No one will think any less of MSNBC or of Olbermann and his show. It does not at all come as a surprise. The fact that you felt Olbermann should be punished for this means either that you are delusional, unaware that he provides a liberal political perspective that the country is hungry for, or that you are overtly and covertly opposed to this perspective and are exercising your authority for political reasons. This decision only serves to undermine your credibility. It shows you have made a choice to develop news analysis programs with a liberal perspective, but you don’t have the balls to stand by it. Or that you have always been opposed to the liberal perspective but were powerless to prevent your network from going in that direction.

I will not watch MSNBC until Keith is back on the air.

sincerely,
mostpost

...okay i may have made up the signature part.

JustRalph
11-05-2010, 11:54 PM
I went over and looked at it earlier.........they are having the proverbial cow

What Week!!! I am loving it.............

Ralph

Ralph,

this is for you my friend, because i looked at the Olbie thread at DU and they are going nuts!!! here is one of my favorite replies!!

OK....I've had it....this is the last straw....

DO NOT sit idly by while a mega-corporation sh*ts on Keith Olbermann -- one of the greatest journalists and political commentators of our time.

His voice must not be silenced!

Keith Olbermann has a right to make a political donation to anyone he wants!

It's time to RISE UP, Democrats. STAND UP to this injustice!

BlueShoe
11-06-2010, 12:12 AM
My sense is they wanted to get rid of him, and he won't be back.
A few minutes ago a totally preposterous thought struck me as to what he should do and where he might go. Kay Oh has a background in sports. Unknown is if he has any racing background, but it might not matter. My thought was that Olbermann and TVG just might be made for each other. Cant you just see it, KO as a TVG talking head host blabbering away? :lol: My, my, would we have fun with that one.:D Well, did say that it was a bit over the top, but one can dream, cant they?

Ocala Mike
11-06-2010, 12:36 AM
What a great week this has been........now if I could just make a little more money tomorrow..........

JustRalph, I have a great hunch play for you tomorrow in race 2 at CD

#9 HAPPY WEEK (Velazquez/Pletcher, 6/1 ML).
Can't miss, because I like the 6.

Ocala Mike

JustRalph
11-06-2010, 01:01 AM
JustRalph, I have a great hunch play for you tomorrow in race 2 at CD

#9 HAPPY WEEK (Velazquez/Pletcher, 6/1 ML).
Can't miss, because I like the 6.

Ocala Mike

Ahhh! Yes! Great Tip!

bigmack
11-06-2010, 04:11 AM
Always a joy to drink in the NYTimes take on such happenings:
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/05/olbermann-suspended-from-msnbc-for-campaign-donations/?src=me

Best line by SenEEtore Sanders from the ah, what is it, Maple Syrup State?

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s254/hunkoburninlove/SandersO.png

andymays
11-06-2010, 09:46 AM
RealClearPolitics - Video - MSNBC's Maddow Defends Olbermann : "We Should Have Keith Back"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/11/05/msnbcs_maddow_defends_olbermann_we_should_have_kei th_back.html

Excerpt:

"Keith is a liberal, so am I. There are other people on this network whose political views are shared openly with our viewers. We are not a political operation. FOX is. We are a news operation. The rules around here are part how you know. Keith Olbermann attracted the ire of the right-wing and raged against what he saw as the errors and sins of the previous administration. Keith was also the one who brought to light FOX News' water-carrying role for the Bush administration," Rachel Maddow said in defense of her MSNBC colleague on her show Friday night.

andymays
11-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Keith Olbermann move highlights MSNBC's identity crisis

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/44770.html

jballscalls
11-06-2010, 10:32 AM
I do gotta admit this is BS though. i mean, it's absolutely no secret that the Fox guys are in the bag for the repubs and donate to them, and it's no secret that the MSNBC guys are in the bag for the dem's.

i understand he violated a rule they had, but his actions should come as a surprise to nobody

delayjf
11-06-2010, 10:50 AM
I agree with Tom and Jballs, he should not have been fired for campaign contributions, a little disclosure may have been appropriate especially for their "new" broadcasters but did anyone really surprized who he was supporting. Now they're going to make a martyr out of him. I will wager that Beck will speak out in Obermanns defense, if he hasn't already.

On the other hand it could not have happened to a bigger ass.

Now that's motivating - I'm going to start refining my own oil and building my own cars.

ArlJim78
11-06-2010, 12:08 PM
actually it's clearcut, he had to be fired because of the corporate policy that prohibited those contributions.

jballs, you say its no secret that the fox news guys donate to Republicans, based on what? where is your link to that information?

GaryG
11-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Over at DU there were also carrying on about the demise of Allen Grayson. His defeat made at least two of them cry. Their whole world is shattering and they must DO SOMETHING! Mobilize your forces wackos....

BlueShoe
11-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Their whole world is shattering and they must DO SOMETHING! Mobilize your forces wackos....
But of course. Except for California, where they won a major battle, the forces of Marxist/Leninism suffered an absolute drubbing Tuesday. So after they dry their tears, the Bolsheviks will reorganize and once again, resume their attack against the Republic.

Tom
11-06-2010, 01:59 PM
On the other hand it could not have happened to a bigger ass.

Exactly, Jeff. Wrong as it was, it did not stop me from LMAO. Hey bad things happen to good people all time. When bad things happen to really bad people, no matter how unjust.........Whoopie!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

jballscalls
11-06-2010, 02:16 PM
actually it's clearcut, he had to be fired because of the corporate policy that prohibited those contributions.

jballs, you say its no secret that the fox news guys donate to Republicans, based on what? where is your link to that information?

Hannity has had people on his show who he says he donates too. Michelle Bachman was one of them, and there are countless others, he's said so on his show and it's public record.

I dont see any problem with it, because when we as viewers watch a show like Hannity's or Olbermann's we know who they are for and the side they represent.

If you watch that Maddow video in her response to the olbermann thing, she spends the first five minutes showing clips from hannity talking about his donations.

Tom
11-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Of course what the Mad Cow fails to mention is that it was in his contract - he chose to break the rules of his contract. But then, the nice thing about being a stinking liberal is that your word means nothing.

Overlay
11-06-2010, 04:38 PM
I wonder if Olbermann's response to Mr. Griffin's action was an outraged, "How DARE you, sir!!!!!!!"

jballscalls
11-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Of course what the Mad Cow fails to mention is that it was in his contract - he chose to break the rules of his contract. But then, the nice thing about being a stinking liberal is that your word means nothing.

actually she did mention that, obviously you didn't watch the piece.

JustRalph
11-06-2010, 05:06 PM
yvVJTaRw6aQ

He doesn't vote either, because it is a symbolic gesture to show he is impartial

http://www.therightscoop.com/glenn-beck-mocks-olbermanns-symbolic-gesture

rrpic6
11-06-2010, 05:11 PM
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/10/26/foxs-role-in-kasich-campaign-questioned.html

Its OK to do this if you own the network. Employees beware! You'll vote for who we tell you to vote for!

RR

JustRalph
11-06-2010, 05:35 PM
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/10/26/foxs-role-in-kasich-campaign-questioned.html

Its OK to do this if you own the network. Employees beware! You'll vote for who we tell you to vote for!

RR

a snip from the article

"Bill Shine, executive vice president of programming for Fox News, said in a statement, "Our show bookers have reached out to Strickland and offered him an opportunity to appear on Fox News just like his opponent. But, unfortunately, Strickland has declined those requests more than he has accepted."

The Strickland campaign says the governor turned down only four invitations."

If you don't play the game, you can't win.

He could have gone on ......but chose not too..........

Probably feared an ambush. But when you have done nothing positive for the Ohio Economy for 4 years, you have to duck and run from the tough questions.

ElKabong
11-07-2010, 12:53 AM
one of two things are the reason for letting him go

1- he was a pain in the ass, mngmnt couldn't deal w/ him anymore given the shitty ratings

2-he'll be back soon, this was just a publicity stunt. Richard Maddow went off on her show about how many FOX folks donated & to who....If msnbc really let him go then she put herownself in jeopardy by calling out msnbc as she did

I dunno which it was, both are believeable

delayjf
11-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Richard Maddow :lol:

Lefty
11-07-2010, 12:37 PM
If Hannity donates, then I guess he didn't sign the same contract that Olberman did. Pig Simple.

lsbets
11-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Since I don't even think the fools who believe Olbermann is fact based and honest :lol: think he is an impartial journalist, this is pretty dumb. He is an insane liberal advocate who is held to no standards at all. MSNBC doesn't have a problem with his schtick, as pitiful as it is, and everyone knows where he is coming from. To pretend that he should be held to some standard that applies to news people is pretty dumb. This seems more like MSNBC taking advantage of an opportunity to bitch slap a well knows asshole more than anything.

jballscalls
11-07-2010, 01:14 PM
If Hannity donates, then I guess he didn't sign the same contract that Olberman did. Pig Simple.

Exactly!!! i honestly don't have a problem with Olbie or Hannity giving donations to any candidate, we all know they aren't "News" people, they are opinion/entertainment show hosts.

Hannity didn't violate his contract, i'm sure if he did, he would have gotten in trouble in some way as well.

if you sign a contract, gotta live by it.

By the way,

has it come out which three candidates he donated to?

johnhannibalsmith
11-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Since I don't even think the fools who believe Olbermann is fact based and honest :lol: think he is an impartial journalist, this is pretty dumb. He is an insane liberal advocate who is held to no standards at all. MSNBC doesn't have a problem with his schtick, as pitiful as it is, and everyone knows where he is coming from. To pretend that he should be held to some standard that applies to news people is pretty dumb. This seems more like MSNBC taking advantage of an opportunity to bitch slap a well knows asshole more than anything.

Yes and yes and almost tediously to the point that as one poster alluded to, it seems totally disingenuous and borderline stilted in one form or another.

Lefty
11-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Jo, how do you figure that? He signed a contract and then violated it. It's not all that hard to figure. Nothing disengenous about it.

johnhannibalsmith
11-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Jo, how do you figure that? He signed a contract and then violated it. It's not all that hard to figure. Nothing disengenous about it.

I can't really justify the sentiment other than to admit I'm overtly cynical. Yeah, there's a legitimate reason to penalize him for the conduct, but like a few others - it seems like they are going out of their way to make a splash with this news and given the man involved, it just does feel like overkill.

My heavens, I too flipped over to MSNBC on election night for a while and I was really astonished that they felt that reporting election results on a news network didn't warrant using basic journalistic standards. It didn't offend me, it was just surprising to see it - it was as though the Jon Stewart Show or Saturday Night Live was covering the election. I figure, hell, it's their network, their audience, their schtick - they're selling their product the best way that they can on a competitive evening... and then, we rule off Olbermeister for a violation of journalistic integrity/standards...

...odd...

bigmack
11-07-2010, 03:09 PM
By the way,
has it come out which three candidates he donated to?
Who, Olbermann?

and then, we rule off Olbermeister for a violation of journalistic integrity/standards...
They don't have anything in their contracts about acting like imbeciles on an election night. They do have a clause about donating to a campaign without checking with "Le Brass."

KO has been quoted as saying "Griffith 'thinks' he's my boss." Turns out he is.

johnhannibalsmith
11-07-2010, 03:27 PM
...They do have a clause about donating to a campaign without checking with "Le Brass."....

I dig, I do.

But NPR had some sort of strict policy, though contractually I can't confirm, against their beloved reporter/analysts offering an opinion when they want to fire one of them but it doesn't apply when they have another one that isn't as fireable... you know what I mean here... maybe they really monitor these contractual obligations stringently and punish violators as swiftly and severely from the top dog C.E.E.(O.O) down to Pepe the Poopswooper in janitorial... As well as it worked out for Juan to made an example of, hell... :cool:

bigmack
11-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Too funny. Nice ending.

txjXBx9-2c0

JustRalph
11-07-2010, 05:55 PM
They are all on pins and needles over there at MSNBC

Comcast is not going to let a news network bleed millions of bucks like NBC has. Once they take over the entire beast, it will turn into the Sarah Palin network overnight.

They will all be updating their resume

jelly
11-07-2010, 08:30 PM
NPR has an opening. :D

Rookies
11-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I hate to say it, but even a news person has a right to support his candidates, and it is really none of my business who that is.
OB should have been canned for his pathetic on-air work, not his politics.

I see it a un-American.

I hate to say it, but I'm in agreement with Tom- again. However, if Obie needs to be put in the doghouse/sacked/canned, it should be for stupidity. As in, unlike JW, the liberal lite, Obermann is the uber liberal yeller and screamer, juxtaposed with Flushed or Hannity on the Con side. He has given liberal causes, pols, issues, concerns, millions of dollars worth of positive publicity.

So, deliberately flouting the old golden media rule: " Freedom of the press is for those who own one", was foolish. A couple of k here or there was peanuts.

Is he looking for HIS spot on FOX v.s. Hannity ? ;)

JustRalph
11-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Olbermann returns Tuesday night...........

can you say ........Publicity stunt

Rookies
11-07-2010, 09:50 PM

I was pretty close, Ralph!

I guess, since I haven't come down with yesterday's rain, I am sceptical about all these faux firings and shenanigans.

I still believe JW was a setup to make much more moolah from FOX.

Tom
11-07-2010, 10:16 PM
I heard FOX offered him a janitor job - minimum wage, and and he would be free to contribute to anyone he wanted.

This is really to be expected - if he stayed fired, and pissed off at PMSNBC, and stopped watching, their viewership would be cut in half!

jballscalls
11-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Who, Olbermann?

yeah, just curious who it was he donated too

ElKabong
11-07-2010, 11:34 PM

Yes I can...In fact, i did ;)

NJ Stinks
11-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Yes I can...In fact, i did ;)

Yes you did, Elkabong. :ThmbUp:

For all you Keith haters here, don't watch. Who cares? (Newtothegame isn't going to like that! ;) )

And Ralph, if you really think eliminating the liberal point of view in TV cable 'news' is a great thing, I guess I don't know you very well.

TitanSooner
11-08-2010, 12:31 AM
yeah, just curious who it was he donated too

"Olbermann acknowledged to NBC that he donated $2,400 apiece to the campaigns of Kentucky Senate candidate Jack Conway and Arizona Reps. Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords."

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/2010/11/05/20101105keith-olbermann-suspended-from-msnbc.html

Lefty
11-08-2010, 02:37 AM
If Olberman had been truly fired it would NOT have eliminated the liberal voice on cable. What balderdash. They have plenty more liberals on cable and mainstream tv.

JustRalph
11-08-2010, 02:50 AM
And Ralph, if you really think eliminating the liberal point of view in TV cable 'news' is a great thing, I guess I don't know you very well.

I would never eliminate any point of view just based on a disagreement with the opinion of the network. In fact I like to watch the other side sometimes. Everybody should have a forum. As long as someone is willing to air it. But in the TV business, you have to make some money, or you go away. Just like Air America. They couldn't find a sponsor. Or enough sponsors and listeners. It's a basic fact of broadcasting.

I was just predicting what I think is going to happen after reading the proverbial tea leaves. Rumors abound about what Comcast is going to do with the network. One scenario has them selling to a 3rd party and changing from news to entertainment

I even read that the people from Discovery channel are in negotiations to lease the channel? I saw that on a TV blog. The damn thing bleeds money every year. It cannot stay the way it is. They show a profit on paper, from what I read. But they are lumped in with other divisions at NBC to cover their losses. The division is profitable, the specific channel is not. There is even a rumor that Murdoch is going to buy it and integrate some of his people into the programs that are there. I cannot ever see that happening.

You have to remember that bandwidth is bandwidth. By that I mean, MSNBC is already there on the cable systems, the Dishnetworks and DirectTV's of the world. There is tremendous value in that. Murdoch may want that. Think about it. Buy it up and immediately move Fox Business to that channel........they are fighting for space on the cable systems all over the country. Buy MSNBC and the problem is solved.

It will be interesting one way or the other. I just don't think the current programming can survive.

NJ Stinks
11-09-2010, 12:43 AM
I would never eliminate any point of view just based on a disagreement with the opinion of the network. In fact I like to watch the other side sometimes. Everybody should have a forum. As long as someone is willing to air it. But in the TV business, you have to make some money, or you go away. Just like Air America. They couldn't find a sponsor. Or enough sponsors and listeners. It's a basic fact of broadcasting.

I was just predicting what I think is going to happen after reading the proverbial tea leaves. Rumors abound about what Comcast is going to do with the network. One scenario has them selling to a 3rd party and changing from news to entertainment

I even read that the people from Discovery channel are in negotiations to lease the channel? I saw that on a TV blog. The damn thing bleeds money every year. It cannot stay the way it is. They show a profit on paper, from what I read. But they are lumped in with other divisions at NBC to cover their losses. The division is profitable, the specific channel is not. There is even a rumor that Murdoch is going to buy it and integrate some of his people into the programs that are there. I cannot ever see that happening.

You have to remember that bandwidth is bandwidth. By that I mean, MSNBC is already there on the cable systems, the Dishnetworks and DirectTV's of the world. There is tremendous value in that. Murdoch may want that. Think about it. Buy it up and immediately move Fox Business to that channel........they are fighting for space on the cable systems all over the country. Buy MSNBC and the problem is solved.

It will be interesting one way or the other. I just don't think the current programming can survive.

You make so many good points here, Ralph, I can't rebut or even refute. :)

:ThmbUp: