PDA

View Full Version : Random Questions

Tom
09-07-2001, 06:32 PM
1. Anyone here use the CynPub BB - seems to have suddenly dies on 9/2/01? Where did they go?

2. Anyone who uses Beyers notice that a lot of 5 and 6 year olds are running new lifetime bests this year? Seems to be a couple every day and it used to be rare.
What is this telling us? Are the Beyers getting bad, are the horses getting better? Are drugs casuing this? Are tracks getting more consistent?

Tom 536

Moe Mony
09-08-2001, 02:40 AM
Real answerable questions (sic) Tom....I can tell by the amount of knowledgeable replies thus far....

so.cal.fan
09-08-2001, 11:48 AM
Tom,
I have noticed in the past 2 seasons in So. Cal. that older horses, that is 7,8,9 and even 10 year olds are winning distance races.
This was not happening in the past, so I would have to say,
"new medications" are helping. Namely, Epogen and perhaps,
Oxycotin.
I have always noticed older runners winning in the minor leagues.
If they are winning in the majors, they are running faster/better Beyer numbers are required at tracks like Santa Anita-so.........
one must assume............
Anyway, any sheets players out there notice the same thing?
You guys should have a good take on this. Share it with us!

09-10-2001, 11:56 PM
I would do a cursory check of the form speed fig(not the varient )and compare it to the last race the horse ran.I notice more often than not its the beyer fig that is out of whack.Horse ran the same,Beyer assigned is not good,which is the fault of whoever does it for that circuit.