PDA

View Full Version : State Questions

ceejay
11-03-2010, 09:59 AM
These State Questions have really gotten out of control in Oklahoma.
9 in total this year.

They included one measure that would increase education funding and another that would undo the increase.

We had a State Question that I referred to as the "let's waste money printing ballots for something that is not and will not be a problem" question. It was question 755, banning the use of Sharia Law. There is no use of Islamic law in Oklahoma so banning it is just a waste of time, money, paper. It passed with something like 70%.

Then there was the state question attempting to overturn the healthcare law. Within the question it basically states that passage of the referendum will not nullify anything (that is deemed constitutional) due to the supremacy clause.So again, the results for question are meaningless.

GameTheory
11-03-2010, 01:48 PM
In Denver, we voted down a *city* measure to establish an extraterrestrial affairs commission (to be funded by private donations and grants) where they would prepare plans so that the residents of Denver would be ready for contact with visitors from outer space (and could also take reports of sightings, etc).

JustRalph
11-03-2010, 03:11 PM
In Denver, we voted down a *city* measure to establish an extraterrestrial affairs commission (to be funded by private donations and grants) where they would prepare plans so that the residents of Denver would be ready for contact with visitors from outer space (and could also take reports of sightings, etc).

now that is funny :lol:

bigmack
11-03-2010, 03:22 PM
That was started by that Jeff Peckman goof. He made the rounds on talk shows because he had 'proof' of ET's from a video shot at a Nebraska farm.

Looks convincing to me. :lol: :lol:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s254/hunkoburninlove/11_3_10_12_18_23.png

Tom
11-03-2010, 03:25 PM
You guys are putting Arizona to shame in dealing with illegal aliens!