PDA

View Full Version : Why no Talamo?

JustRalph
11-03-2010, 06:45 AM
Just noticed that Rosario is riding Sydneys Candy

Why no Talamo? In fact he doesn't have one mount in the Breeders Cup?

What's up with that? Why isn't he on Syds Candy?

WinterTriangle
11-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Maybe he decided to stay on horses this weekend where he could actually make money? ;) Or maybe it was that loss to Skipshot in a 4 horse field.

llegend39
11-03-2010, 07:05 AM

Rode last time and won by 5

garyscpa
11-03-2010, 08:22 AM

More interesting is why isn't he on California Flag.

JustRalph
11-03-2010, 03:19 PM
I just re-checked my Bris PP"s

He is listed as the jock on California flag, but left out of the jockey roster in the master list? What's up with that........Bris cannot have made an error right ? :lol:

I am wondering why Rosario retained the mount on Syd's candy?

Didn't Rosario pick up the ride only because joe was injured ?

Valuist
11-03-2010, 03:31 PM
More interesting is why isn't he on California Flag.

I know this: California Flag won't be winning the Turf Sprint this year. There was only one other speed horse (Canadian Ballet) in last year's running. This year's field has an insane amount of speed and a couple who are now faster out of the gate than him.

Dahoss9698
11-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Wouldn't you rather have Rosario over Talamo if you could?

garyscpa
11-03-2010, 04:20 PM
I just re-checked my Bris PP"s

He is listed as the jock on California flag, but left out of the jockey roster in the master list? What's up with that........Bris cannot have made an error right ? :lol:

I am wondering why Rosario retained the mount on Syd's candy?

Didn't Rosario pick up the ride only because joe was injured ?

Funny, mine from DRF listed Victor Espinoza.

InsideThePylons-MW
11-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Immigration issues

Pace Cap'n
11-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Immigration issues

Paging Phantom on Tour

Paging Phantom on Tour

JustRalph
11-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Wouldn't you rather have Rosario over Talamo if you could?

now that you mention it............. :ThmbUp:

Mine Says Tally Mo..........

affirmedny
11-03-2010, 11:50 PM
I saw Koriner interviewed on TVG and he said "Joe elected to stay home and ride"

GaryG
11-04-2010, 09:36 AM
He is going to pick up some live mounts this weekend with the top dogs at the BC.

FenceBored
11-04-2010, 09:44 AM
He is going to pick up some live mounts this weekend with the top dogs at the BC.

If that's his reasoning, then what are we supposed to make of the chances of the horses he chose not to ride in Louisville. The jock's share of even a $1m purse would offset quite a few $40k purses, and even more $20k ones.

GaryG
11-04-2010, 09:56 AM
If that's his reasoning, then what are we supposed to make of the chances of the horses he chose not to ride in Louisville. The jock's share of even a $1m purse would offset quite a few $40k purses, and even more $20k ones.From drf:

Wednesday, Talamo said the decision to stay home was made in an effort to build business after missing five weeks at Del Mar because of a broken wrist.
“We had a long talk about that – whether to go or not,” he said, referring to a conversation with his agent, Scotty McClellan. “Every since I came back from Del Mar I’m trying to get back into some good barns. I haven’t taken a day off and I think it’s made a big difference.”

redshift1
11-04-2010, 10:56 AM
translated ... not much interest for Talamo at the BC.

garyscpa
11-04-2010, 11:29 AM
From drf:

Wednesday, Talamo said the decision to stay home was made in an effort to build business after missing five weeks at Del Mar because of a broken wrist.
“We had a long talk about that – whether to go or not,” he said, referring to a conversation with his agent, Scotty McClellan. “Every since I came back from Del Mar I’m trying to get back into some good barns. I haven’t taken a day off and I think it’s made a big difference.”

Yep, I checked the DRF. He really said "Every since.."

JustRalph
11-04-2010, 01:38 PM
If that's his reasoning, then what are we supposed to make of the chances of the horses he chose not to ride in Louisville. The jock's share of even a $1m purse would offset quite a few $40k purses, and even more $20k ones.

This was the first thing that went through my mind also. He could win one race and probably make more money. I am downgrading his prior mounts :lol: