PDA

View Full Version : The Toga Trip is Old news But.

Suff
09-17-2003, 06:43 PM
I never live in the past.. to me whats old was yesterday and whats new is around the corner. I don't want to clutter up the Board with Toga stuff.

So The Toga Trip was Great ..and its hard to really describe how enjoyable and exciting the whole week was. But that was two weeks ago and its gone and over.

But I got something in the Mail Today I wanted to Tell all the guys all about....and share with any curious or Interested person.

It's Just too nice a thing....

If you did'nt see it... Theres a few Moments on the Backside where we have Bobby Frankel all by himself. No Barn people, No press, no nobody except the PA gang and him. I'm pretty sure it was Just me, Trijack, Buddha and Bill W this day. And I asked him about moving back to NY and gave him a Few "atta boys" for that ,,,and asked if we could snap a picture.

If you see the Picture..My face is a Little contorted. Thats me trying to hold back an ear to ear smile... I was Glowing. Standing Backside shooting it with The KING. I really wasn't even myself. I was a little nervous.. Considering that, 1. It was Bobby Frankel...and 2. I had no right to be there. I got Jiggy with it that day to go Backside... Later in the week after bringing some security Guys a few "Coffees";) :p .. We roamed with ease. But this day we were way out of bounds,,, And We penetrated the Castle walls and were in the Kings Chambers asking him about his Kingdom. LMAO!!!!

Well...Buddha The guy that Took that Photo..paid to have it Blown up and done nice. Mailed the Photo to a New York racing Fan that we spent sometime with up there. A real Gem. What a Person. One of the Best we met and spent time with all week. and that person is Friendly with Bobby Frankel and took it to him and had it autographed by him , for me, on WOODWARD DAY. And he sent it to me Today.

Thanks Buddha and to our Friend in NY. Made My September!

Got it Today. Its awesome. That ear to ear I mentioned? I can't get it off my face right now!

Tom
09-17-2003, 09:34 PM
Great bunch of guys.
You pulled off of good one, Suff-Mike!
WE owes ya!!!!!

Suff
09-17-2003, 09:54 PM
Tom ... seriously... You would have fit right in and had such a good time if you could of come a few days earlier and hung out.

But just for The Record. I'll tell everyone a little story about Tom.

Tom... Hung out all day... Did'nt really have an appetite for our "army food". So he ate on his own dime.

On his way out the Door...He Trys to hand me $50.00?? LOL

Thanks a lot... I almost started Laughing. Tom..wtf you wanna give me $50.00 for? He says... I don't know.. Because. I said give me ten bucks for the lunch Tom... Even though I know he did'nt eat or drink a drop of our stuff... So he gave me ten bucks.

$50.00 huh.. Them Gee-whiz, high -falutin s9000 xp Audits must be treating you well Tom... Your tossing 50's like your running out of room in the Safe.

Your a gracious guy Tom.

WINMANWIN
09-17-2003, 10:08 PM
I HEARD Frankel purchased a home in Long Island in the spring/summer, and it appears Bobby wil be a native New Yorker
again. He's sour on left coast racing due to workman's comp
Etc, but obviously has to run there also. Suff the man, with the master plan, hooking up with America's #1 conditioner. Some things never change in this world, Royalty hanging with Royalty:cool:

JustRalph
09-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by WINMANWIN
He's sour on left coast racing due to workman's comp
Etc,

The California Democratic leader of the Legislature announced yesterday that they, the Dems had reformed the Workers Comp system in California. They posed with Gray Davis and said that they had given the people of California a roll back of 20%.

Now what they didn't tell you............... is that...................

They rolled it all the way back to July 2003. That's right. Workers comp went up 20% on July 1st of 2003. It is up 262% in the last 3.5 years. They "Saved Workers Comp" in their own words.

Rolled it back a whole 60 days............... a big 20% cut. Yahoo!

Buddha
09-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Suff,

I am glad that you got the picture and like it. It was just a small thing I could do for setting the whole trip up, and finding me a place to stay.

Suff
09-21-2003, 10:42 AM
Thanks Buddha... It was great having you...

It was simply amazing how many different types of people all came together and just ROCKED THE HOUSE for a week.

I was going to let it Fade away... the trip that is.. But I got another gift Today and another e-mail that leads me to believe it aint going way Just yet.

Jack Kincer sent me an e-mail that he's got the Video ready to post and I guess it will be up in the gallery Today? Jack? PA?

So that should raise a few comments... Yes I know I need to lose 20 Pounds.. so when You see me ...all fat and swimming like SERPA the SEAL... No snide remarks.. Or at least Keep them to a minimum ...lol

Also... BILLW.. Intended to send it to Rocajack.(Johns in Disney Land for 10 Days)

He sent me a copy of the American Racing Manual $40.00

He sent me an e-mail asking if I wanted it.. I suggested John because he did so much to help us and he is such a nice guy.

But the address I sent was mine..in case John didn't want it. So I have it. Beautiful Book. Read it for two hours last night. I'll see that John gets it.

Thanks Bill.

I really didn't want to single anyone out that came on the trip Because they were all so great...and I did'nt want anyone to have the impression they weren't appreciatted or enjoyed.

But.......................

Scince I did mention two guys here I figure I will say just a wee bit about BILLW and TRIJACK.

First of all BILLW.. what a warrior. Kept pace with me for 10 days.. actually he outlasted me. I dropped him in ALBANY on labor day and he hung out until Tuseday.

No matter where we went..Bill was there. 5:00 AM. or Midnight..did'nt matter. If the bus was leaving Bill was on it. Was very helpful all week with the Food and seating set up...

Was easy to hang with and talk to.... Intelligent (very) Fun, a Player and a great guy. If you see the Picture Gallery.. No matter where we are.. Bill's in a Picture. Its hard to do a trip Like this is people are'nt working together... as far as sleeping, eating, Playing, Barbacueing,,, and so on.. people need to bend and cooperate so it goes smooth. Bill was a Real Trooper and a great guy and he made the trip enjoyable for everyone.

Trijack. Jack Kincer. Would I offend anyone if I said. Jack was my favorite guest?. I hope not. But its true.

What a Gentleman. What a guy. What a FUN person. another Gladiator who was always on the bus. always laughing, always looking for ways to be helpful. Laughing and smiling all the time.

and being born and raised in Kentucky....he has that southern charm and wit. Everybody liked him...a real class act. The guy made his bed everyday. me.. I could'nt find my bed. I slept with 3 and 4 day old racing forms all twisted up in my sheets everynight. LOL

Jack Kincer... and Bill Weaver. 1 and 2. The absolute best.

Observer
09-21-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Sufferindowns
Jack Kincer... and Bill Weaver. 1 and 2. The absolute best.

How 'bout 1 & 1a???
:D :D

Suff
09-21-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Observer
How 'bout 1 & 1a???
:D :D

If you were to have come.. you most certainly would have been 1X;)

Trijack
09-21-2003, 03:24 PM
Suff

Sending Justralph a copy of my video and a few others that I thought might be interested. Never did figure out how to get a good size clip posted. Ralph will probable do that for us. Mailing video out tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind words but we still got to hand it to the King of Saratoga (Suff) for making it all possible. My family has finally asked me to stop talking about the Toga trip. Of course with me always trying to get this video recorded right they have to see and hear the video just about every day. It is like I have never left there.

One of the high lights of this video is Suff trying to call a race that he can't even see after they went around the first turn. FUNNY, FUNNY.