PDA

View Full Version : Advance Breeders Cup PPs Not Available At DRF

PhantomOnTour
11-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Just tried to access my BC Advance pp's that I bought from DRF, but NOOOOOOOOOOO, they're "having a problem" that is preventing anyone from accessing their pp's.

What a total joke DRF has become. This is the only purchase I make from them and they can't get it right....AWESOME. I will not make the same mistake next year.

Amateur clowns...all of you at DRF.
Do you hire from the same pool as TVG?

GatetoWire
11-02-2010, 08:23 PM
I just tried and mine worked.
Give it another try...the site may have been down.

PhantomOnTour
11-02-2010, 08:28 PM
I just tried and mine worked.
Give it another try...the site may have been down.
Do you have the PDF version or Formulator? I have the latter and it won't work. Called the 800 number and they confirmed the 'problem'...just tried again and no luck. :ThmbDown:

elhelmete
11-02-2010, 08:39 PM
I hate commenting just to gripe, but....

WORST
WEBSITE
EVER.

I gave up and just used the PDF versions for now.

Regardless of how the rest of a website is designed (any website where content is mixed with commwerce), the commerce (i.e., buying sh!t) section needs to be 110% easy and flawless. So they should hire whoever does LL Bean's site or something...heck even make it a console like iTunes.

Saratoga_Mike
11-02-2010, 08:51 PM
I hate commenting just to gripe, but....

WORST
WEBSITE
EVER.

I gave up and just used the PDF versions for now.

Regardless of how the rest of a website is designed (any website where content is mixed with commwerce), the commerce (i.e., buying sh!t) section needs to be 110% easy and flawless. So they should hire whoever does LL Bean's site or something...heck even make it a console like iTunes.

Agree 100% here. I love the product - HATE the PROCESS to buy the product.

Spiderman
11-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Brisnet pps not available, yet. Problem must stem from BC/Churchill. Also, surprised that Aqu pps for Friday are not available, at this time.

PaceAdvantage
11-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Brisnet pps not available, yet. Problem must stem from BC/Churchill. Also, surprised that Aqu pps for Friday are not available, at this time.They don't draw Friday Aqueduct until tomorrow, Wednesday, when they will draw Friday and Saturday...

GatetoWire
11-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Do you have the PDF version or Formulator? I have the latter and it won't work. Called the 800 number and they confirmed the 'problem'...just tried again and no luck. :ThmbDown:

The Formulator.....weird that mine were working...for Friday anyway.

cj
11-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Mine are gone as well. I even made sure I wasn't on F4 instead of Basic, but no dice.

PhantomOnTour
11-02-2010, 09:19 PM
You can access a single race in Formulator this way:

After hitting the 'Access (PPs) Now' heading in the BC Section choose your date (05 or 06), all race conditions will come up. Instead of hitting 'GO' then 'Past Performances' just click on the race number you want (ie-4th,5th etc) and you will get that race. However, you will not be able to navigate to other races by using the arrows or dropdown in the upper right corner.

That's the best we have right now.
Yay DRF!! :rolleyes:

Linny
11-02-2010, 09:23 PM
I don't understand the delay since the data was available for all the pre-entries late last week. No new horses are added to the mix. All they are doing is removing a few horses and adding post poitions and ML.

PhantomOnTour
11-02-2010, 09:24 PM
I don't understand the delay since the data was available for all the pre-entries late last week. No new horses are added to the mix. All they are doing is removing a few horses and adding post poitions and ML.
Lady on the phone said they started this process at 5pm (i presume eastern time) and still not done.....4 1/2 hours.

PaceAdvantage
11-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Just tried to access my BC Advance pp's that I bought from DRF, but NOOOOOOOOOOO, they're "having a problem" that is preventing anyone from accessing their pp's.

What a total joke DRF has become. This is the only purchase I make from them and they can't get it right....AWESOME. I will not make the same mistake next year.

Amateur clowns...all of you at DRF.
Do you hire from the same pool as TVG?The entries aren't even up on Equibase yet.

This isn't a DRF-only problem, is it? Why are you framing it as such? If the info hasn't become available from Equibase yet, then how can the DRF put up the PPs?

cj
11-02-2010, 09:26 PM
The entries aren't even up on Equibase yet.

This isn't a DRF-only problem, is it? Why are you framing it as such? If the info hasn't become available from Equibase yet, then how can the DRF put up the PPs?

The Advance PPs that we paid for have disappeared from Formulator. It has nothing to do with entries being posted.

PaceAdvantage
11-02-2010, 09:28 PM
The Advance PPs that we paid for have disappeared from Formulator. It has nothing to do with entries being posted.Gotcha...never mind then... :lol:

ihatenyra
11-02-2010, 09:29 PM
These dopes took away the link but you can still access the pdf's by going to the store, selecting the bc advance and logging in.

PhantomOnTour
11-02-2010, 09:32 PM
The entries aren't even up on Equibase yet.

DRF put out their advance pps last week some time (maybe Oct27) so they've been there until today. I waited to 'run the numbers' on some races until the actual fields were drawn, which they were today. I am not looking for saddlecloth numbers (although it would be neat if they put them in...they didn't last year. You had to re-buy the pps with the numbers), I just want the basic advance pps that I bought last week so I can work on the horses who are in and not waste time on those who are out. I can access the PDF version anytime, but it's Formulator that I bought and want. Esp for turf races since they will calculate the horses internal splits for you.

Sorry so long, but this IS a DRF problem. If you just want entries go to Bloodhorse, they have the jocks, post positions, and odds.

PaceAdvantage
11-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Sorry so long, but this IS a DRF problem. If you just want entries go to Bloodhorse, they have the jocks, post positions, and odds.Yup...looks like I made a mistake opening my big fat moderator mouth...my bad...

PhantomOnTour
11-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Yup...looks like I made a mistake opening my big fat moderator mouth...my bad...
Saul Goode

By the way, it now says "Access Now (coming soon)" on the DRF site when you go to get your ALREADY purchased pps :lol:
It actually says 'coming soon' :lol:

DJofSD
11-02-2010, 09:46 PM
6:45 PM PT and the PP's are up at BRIS but not with post positions?

Spiderman
11-02-2010, 09:58 PM
DRF put out their advance pps last week some time (maybe Oct27) so they've been there until today. I waited to 'run the numbers' on some races until the actual fields were drawn, which they were today. I am not looking for saddlecloth numbers (although it would be neat if they put them in...they didn't last year. You had to re-buy the pps with the numbers), I just want the basic advance pps that I bought last week so I can work on the horses who are in and not waste time on those who are out. I can access the PDF version anytime, but it's Formulator that I bought and want. Esp for turf races since they will calculate the horses internal splits for you.

Sorry so long, but this IS a DRF problem. If you just want entries go to Bloodhorse, they have the jocks, post positions, and odds.

Latest from Brisnet: PPs will be ready by 10PM, 3 minutes from this writing. From my experience, DRF gets them up, a few minutes before drf. It's an industry issue, not exclusive to drf.

redshift1
11-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Save PP's to desktop eliminates logging in and out of DRF I thought everyone did that.... by the way Its fine now ...what I don't understand is why the finalized PP's are not up I guess they're sticking with the two days in advance as usual.

Spiderman
11-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Latest from Brisnet: PPs will be ready by 10PM, 3 minutes from this writing. From my experience, DRF gets them up, a few minutes before drf. It's an industry issue, not exclusive to drf.

It's 10:05 and Brisnet's claim of having pps by 10 is removed from home page.

PhantomOnTour
11-02-2010, 10:11 PM
No, the problem that prompted me to start this thread IS a DRF issue. We bought the pps last week and they've been available all along....until tonite. They may be trying to insert the saddlecloth numbers and that has caused the problem; who knows.

Other entities may also be having problems getting their pps up, but I don't think they put out advance pps like DRF did.

turfnsport
11-02-2010, 10:12 PM

I'm guessing they are waiting to put Friday up until they get the complete card...Maybe Battaglia is not done with the ML for the non BC on Friday's card.

Gulchy
11-02-2010, 10:18 PM
No, the problem that prompted me to start this thread IS a DRF issue. We bought the pps last week and they've been available all along....until tonite. They may be trying to insert the saddlecloth numbers and that has caused the problem; who knows.

Other entities may also be having problems getting their pps up, but I don't think they put out advance pps like DRF did.
The only inconvenience I've experienced in the last few hours since you've pointed this out is navigating from race to race. All of the information is still intact. I click go>race information then choose the next race.

turfnsport
11-02-2010, 10:30 PM
My advance in Formulator has been working all night

Tom
11-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Saul Goode

By the way, it now says "Access Now (coming soon)" on the DRF site when you go to get your ALREADY purchased pps :lol:
It actually says 'coming soon' :lol:

I bet that your bank account has been properly debited on time, though.
DRF is a joke. I would never use the web version - buy something and leave it at DRF? Not bloody likely.

beertapper
11-02-2010, 11:50 PM

almost midnight, and that message is gone from the bris website... hmmm

redshift1
11-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Friday up at DRF

KingChas
11-03-2010, 12:29 AM
My advance in Formulator has been working all night

11/6 Churchill,just downloaded to Formulator.
No problems...... :ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
11-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Anyone still having trouble? I am

andymays
11-03-2010, 10:55 AM

I downloaded them last night under Churchill Downs for 11-5 and 11-6. I see them both up right now.

Zippy Chippy
11-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Are the pps in the actual program today?

PhantomOnTour
11-03-2010, 10:59 AM
I downloaded them last night under Churchill Downs for 11-5 and 11-6. I see them both up right now.
Those are the actual full cards for those days. I am talking about the Formulator advance pp's I bought last week that's just the BC races. Everything was cool until last night. The lovely and informed folks at the 800 number keep telling the pp's aren't out yet or that my advance payment doesn't include the actual pp's...just the write-ups. How can they bo so uninformed? Ridiculous really.

KingChas
11-03-2010, 11:05 AM
I don't know which formulator you are using.
The DRF site or the downloaded desktop style.
Which I have always used,quicker less bulky,older style though.

http://dailyracingformonline.com/formulator/formulator_ad2.html

Heres the download for the desktop version,if anyone interested.
Less problems for myself using this.

elhelmete
11-03-2010, 12:38 PM

Me too.

RaceBookJoe
11-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I just went to Sunset Station here in vegas and they wont have Fridays PP's until tomorrow, and Saturdays pps until friday. Man, i gotta get into the 21st century. :bang: