PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Breeders Cup bad morning line list.

Stillriledup
11-02-2010, 07:32 PM
There are some ML's for the BC that are real doozies. Lets hear your vote for worst morning line for this year's BC races. It could be an ML that's too high or too low, give me the ML that has you scratching your head.

andymays
11-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Some BC Morning Line Surprises

http://www.drf.com/blogs/some-bc-morning-line-surprises

Valuist
11-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Not done handicapping but from what I've seen so far:

Classic: Espoir City 20-1; not enough respect.
Dirt Mile: Morning Line 7-2 and Crown of Thorns 4-1??? At those prices, definite go-againsts, IMO
Mile: Goldikova 6-5; I'm sure many think that's blasphemy but Paco Boy has been right with her 3 times and he's 6-1? Gio Ponti at 4-1 is probably a little high. I'd say Goldikova 9-5, Gio Ponti 3-1 Paco Boy 7-2 Proviso 6-1
Ladies Classic: Why the big spread between Life at Ten and Unrivaled Belle? UB was heavily favored over her twice this year and lost but CD may be UB's favorite track
Juvenile Fillies--R Heat Lightning? I think the Frizette could be a go-against race. The winner was making her dirt debut.

Marathon: Giant Oak as the 4-1 fave? After winning his first 2 career starts, he has won ONCE in 19 starts. He has run on real dirt TEN times and never won. He was aided by a blazing pace that fell apart (the leader did hold on) in the Haw Gold Cup making his big close look better than it was.

Spiderman
11-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Morning Line favored in Mile is a bad morning line. Especially, since I like his chances.

bks
11-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Dakota Phone at 30-1 in the Mile. Absurd.

Evening Jewel 15-1 in the F&M Sprint. Doubt very much she'll be double digits.

Rightly So 3-1. Think she'll be over 5-1 and off the board.

Harmonius 6-1 F&M Turf. Good luck getting that.

First Dude 15-1. On what planet? He would not win this race once if it were run 50 times, and should be over 30-1.

Charlie D
11-02-2010, 10:39 PM
5-1 Quality Road has me thinking what the hell have they been smoking and drinking.

sandpit
11-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Not done handicapping but from what I've seen so far:

Classic: Espoir City 20-1; not enough respect.
Dirt Mile: Morning Line 7-2 and Crown of Thorns 4-1??? At those prices, definite go-againsts, IMO
Mile: Goldikova 6-5; I'm sure many think that's blasphemy but Paco Boy has been right with her 3 times and he's 6-1? Gio Ponti at 4-1 is probably a little high. I'd say Goldikova 9-5, Gio Ponti 3-1 Paco Boy 7-2 Proviso 6-1
Ladies Classic: Why the big spread between Life at Ten and Unrivaled Belle? UB was heavily favored over her twice this year and lost but CD may be UB's favorite track

DM: I hope I can get Crown of Thorns at 6-1 or so; he stands out to me.
LC: Agree on the Life at Ten/UB spread
Classic: Paddy O'Prado is too high at 15-1; he looks good training every morning
Juvenile: Rogue Romance is very enticing at 30-1
Turf Sprint: too bad that Linda Rice drew the http://paceadvantage.com/forum/images/SCNums/14.jpg hole
F&M Sprint: great betting race, I could see Baffert winning this with his longest price of his three starters
Juv Filly Turf: Winter Memories is a gift at 2-1; she should be the shortest price of any favorite. She could start a furlong behind the rest of them and still win
Marathon: I might box the five longest prices in the race, since those are the trainers that are best with distance runners.

Stillriledup
11-05-2010, 09:44 PM
There were a few shocks today. I couldnt believe that 14 horse went off the favorite in the sprint, that was odd.