PDA

View Full Version : AS VOTING IS HERE DON'T FORGET

HUSKER55
11-01-2010, 11:10 PM
THIS PRESIDENT AND THIS CONGRESS PASSED A HEALTH BILL WITHOUT READING IT!!!

BEFORE YOU PULL THE LEVER PLEASE REMEMBER THAT.

EITHER WAY...PLEASE GET OUT AND VOTE.

THANKS

NJ Stinks
11-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Appreciate the heads-up, Husker! :ThmbUp:

ElKabong
11-02-2010, 12:01 AM
The hunt for Red November is ON.

riskman
11-02-2010, 02:37 AM
How To Poll 90% In Any Political Contest In America

It's pretty simple, really.

Deliver this speech:http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=170774

fast4522
11-02-2010, 06:10 AM
Everyone have a safe trip to the polls, little kids are everywhere keep your eyes open for them.

Tom
11-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Around here, we call them incumbents.

ArlJim78
11-02-2010, 08:27 AM
time for all enemies of the regime to get busy. all the 'cowards' and bitter clingers too.

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Get_Involved.jpg

boxcar
11-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Ahh....today is the big day. I'm so excited, I rose from my peaceful slumber this morning a lot earlier than usual to take a cue from my liberal friends: Vote early and as often as often as you think you can get a way with it. :D

And since one good turn deserves another, I wish to remind same said friends that when you guys and dolls vote you should make every effort to remain true to achieving your ultimate goal of equal outcomes for this society which you can do by casting your votes equally, that is to say, one vote for every candidate on the ticket, regardless of party affiliation. Today, more than any other day, we conservatives can truly appreciate your concerns for all the evil, unjust inequalities across the land. Therefore, don't disappoint us. Walk your Talk by avoiding voting disparities like the bubonic plague.

Thanks for your cooperation and for all the wisdom you libs have taught us conservatives. :D

Boxcar

Mike at A+
11-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Wore my "W 2004" hat to go vote and got lots of smiles and nods of approval.

For those interested, Facebook has a running ticker at the top of the home page showing how many people voted so far. It was over one million by 9:00 AM.

GaryG
11-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Take nothing for granted, make voting your top priority today and bury the bastards. I voted early and was thinking what a beautiful day it is. Crisp fall air, frost on the meadows and still some gold and red on the hills. This is going to be a good day.

GameTheory
11-02-2010, 10:28 AM
I voted a week ago. But incidentally, I've never seen a lever in a voting booth, although that would definitely make it more fun if you could pull a big level like you on The Price is Right or something. All I got to use was one of those mini-pencils. 4 years ago I used a voting machine, but in my area they've decided against them and got rid of most of them. (At each polling place, they have a single machine in order to comply with some "voter access" law, but they give everyone a paper ballot with pencil unless you actually demand to use the machine.)

Tom
11-02-2010, 10:37 AM
We used the lever booths since the 1930's - never had a problem in all that time.

This year, for the first time, for some unknown, stupid reason, we traded the fool-proof booths for a paper ballot scanning system. Juast heard on the news the system has failed and all ballots are being collected in emergency containers and sealed for counting later.

Progress.... ain't it great? :bang:

GT - I will miss slamming that overhead handle on the curtain open as I walk out! :D

boxcar
11-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Wore my "W 2004" hat to go vote and got lots of smiles and nods of approval.

For those interested, Facebook has a running ticker at the top of the home page showing how many people voted so far. It was over one million by 9:00 AM.

I'm going to tell my wife to wear her "Don't Tread on Me" shirt. But since we live in a very liberal county, I'll tell her to also don her bullet-proof vest, as well..just in case :D

Boxcar

Tom
11-02-2010, 11:13 AM
OK, it appears the problem here is.....wait for it.........

The MORONS printed the some number of ballots on paper TOO FREAKING BIG to fit into the scanner! :lol:

GameTheory
11-02-2010, 11:18 AM
OK, it appears the problem here is.....wait for it.........

The MORONS printed the some number of ballots on paper TOO FREAKING BIG to fit into the scanner! :lol:Only for the more Republican districts I assume...

ArlJim78
11-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I miss the levers too. Used to love the act of yanking down on them, or pulling the big one for a straight party vote. Of course like Tom side the final one that pulls the curtain open had a great sound. It seems there were fewer problems back then.

Tom
11-02-2010, 11:53 AM
I always used to slam it open and then come out like Kramer coming into Jerry's apartment! :D

Those old ladies would always scowl at me!

prospector
11-02-2010, 12:00 PM
i was perplexed by judges today...had a couple where we could vote to retain them...i didn't know anything about them..good or bad, i had no info..i left that part blank..wasn't gonna throw out good judges or retain bad ones..so the result will probably be they'll all stay..hope they're good judges..:confused:

BlueShoe
11-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Juast heard on the news the system has failed and all ballots are being collected in emergency containers and sealed for counting later.
Who is going to be doing the counting? Better hope that it is not a bunch of lefty Dims. If so, many ballots could be "lost". Here in California we have mostly gone to electronic computer voting. Still not confident that the system is hack proof. In any case, the system is still a bit advanced for the illegal alien voters to figure out, so each of them will require an interpreter to accompany them into the voting booth to offer technical assistance. In California you can be arrested for creating a dispute or disturbance at a polling place. That means that I cannot challenge an obvious illegal that is there to vote without risking being jailed. The poll workers just sit there like sheep and do nothing.:mad:

Tom
11-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Actually, we are a republican pocket here, so we should be OK.
What I do not like, though, is that when you sign in, there is a number by your name, and when you scan your votes (I am told) the same number shows up on the screen. They say it is not tied into the scan, but who knows? I definitely will inquire about that tonight. I plan on asking whole lot of questions. Those biddies are getting paid by my tax dollars, so they work for me, and their BOSS is curious! :eek:

ArlJim78
11-02-2010, 01:39 PM
check this out, Sylvester Stallone sent out this twitter message today;
Sly is out of the closet, a raging conservative!
__________________________________________________ _________
I voted did you? Gotta get the Manchurian Candidate out of the drivers seat before were ALL soaring off a cliff into Oblivion...Be smart. about 1 hour ago (http://twitter.com/TheSlyStallone/status/29485903438) via web Retweeted by 100+ people

http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1114714114/SlyTw_bigger.jpg (http://twitter.com/TheSlyStallone)
TheSlyStallone (http://twitter.com/TheSlyStallone)

jballscalls
11-02-2010, 01:54 PM
check this out, Sylvester Stallone sent out this twitter message today;
Sly is out of the closet, a raging conservative!
__________________________________________________ _________
I voted did you? Gotta get the Manchurian Candidate out of the drivers seat before were ALL soaring off a cliff into Oblivion...Be smart. about 1 hour ago (http://twitter.com/TheSlyStallone/status/29485903438) via web Retweeted by 100+ people

http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1114714114/SlyTw_bigger.jpg (http://twitter.com/TheSlyStallone)
TheSlyStallone (http://twitter.com/TheSlyStallone)

he's been out of the closet, he was on Stern when his movie came out a few months ago and mentioned what a joke the current administration is

boxcar
11-02-2010, 03:35 PM
he's been out of the closet, he was on Stern when his movie came out a few months ago and mentioned what a joke the current administration is

Ahh...I knew there was something I liked about him. (It certainly wasn't his acting skills. :D )

Boxcar

ArlJim78
11-02-2010, 03:41 PM
PALIN / STALLONE 2012

Mike at A+
11-02-2010, 04:47 PM
I didn't see many "hopey-changies" on the voting line this morning.

GameTheory
11-02-2010, 06:23 PM
My wife just got back from voting. We live in a pretty liberal neighborhood. No line, no people at all. Only took her 5 minutes to get in/out.

highnote
11-02-2010, 06:34 PM
My wife just got back from voting. We live in a pretty liberal neighborhood. No line, no people at all. Only took her 5 minutes to get in/out.

Same thing here, but kind of the opposite. We live in a conservative town, but there was no line at all.

I suspect voter turnout is going to be low. I almost didn't vote because I don't have any strong feelings toward any of the candidates, but at the last minute I capitulated.

boxcar
11-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Same thing here, but kind of the opposite. We live in a conservative town, but there was no line at all.

I suspect voter turnout is going to be low. I almost didn't vote because I don't have any strong feelings toward any of the candidates, but at the last minute I capitulated.

Do you have any strong feelings about the direction this country has taken since '08?

Boxcar

ElKabong
11-02-2010, 10:21 PM
It's 9pm Dallas time, and it appears from the voting returns so far that 0bama and his agenda is pretty much what you see below....

we may not hear from hcap for weeks after tonight....remember Nov 2004?

Tom
11-02-2010, 11:57 PM
You know, when you consider the voter turnout in Afghanistan and Iraq, under the threat of death, we should really be ashamed here.

cj's dad
11-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Well once again the voters elected spend and tax democrats to office in the Gov's race (O'Malley) and the Senatorial (Mikulski) race. The one positive was that Rep. Kratovil (Dem.) was dumped after one term.

Interesting side note; I vote in Balt. city. The clerks were requiring picture I.D which I am STRONGLY in favor of.

Talking to others later in the day, most were not required to do that
(some were) in both the city and Baltimore County.

And there was a printed placard on the wall which instructed that showing I.D. was mandatory and what types of I.D. were acceptable.

I vote Maryland the 4th most inept state after California (#1, a landslide), with NY #2 and Mass. #3 - Barney Frank indeed - you fools.

ArlJim78
11-03-2010, 10:07 AM
There are just some names that are simply institutions that will hold their offices until they die. Mikulski is one. Anyone remember a time when Dan Inouye was not a senator from Hawaii? I don't. I remember social studies class in junior high discussing Inouye, and as much as I hate to say it, that was many many years ago. What's up with that?