PDA

View Full Version : Gio Ponti

pandy
11-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Just announced on TVG, Gio Ponti goes in the mile. Smart move as far as I'm concerned and fairer to the horse.

PhantomOnTour
11-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Gio Ponti, Goldikova, Paco Boy and Proviso.....star studded Mile this year. Looking forward to a war down the lane. Wow.

gm10
11-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Great news. Goldi vs Gio vs Paco vs Proviso vs Delegator.
Dream Mile.

garyscpa
11-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Boy, if Goldy beats these, then she really is HOY. :)

lamboguy
11-01-2010, 06:07 PM
the races on paper look like the greatest races ever put together for a breeders cup. it will be fun to watch and try to pick after the last 2 years.

PhantomOnTour
11-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Thinking of going with Proviso. She is working like a champ for this race and her price will be the longest of the big four imo. Goldy beat her last year in Europe but Proviso has really come to hand this year, and beaten boys as well in a Gr1.

Market Mover
11-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Thinking of going with Proviso. She is working like a champ for this race and her price will be the longest of the big four imo. Goldy beat her last year in Europe but Proviso has really come to hand this year, and beaten boys as well in a Gr1.

When she put her head down and came from the clouds at KEE with that relentless run, it really was a beauty to see.

Paco Boy is just not as good as these. Mares included.

gm10
11-01-2010, 06:17 PM
When she put her head down and came from the clouds at KEE with that relentless run, it really was a beauty to see.

He is really only a length or so behind Goldi. Bad trip for Goldi and he is in with a major shout. (Although apparently Richard Hughes is not coming over to ride him, he wants to focus on his battle for the Jockey Championship in England - not sure if him staying behind means anything for the horse)

I forgot to mention Court vision before. I was taken by his Woodbine run, he fits in here as well.

Valuist
11-01-2010, 07:33 PM

You must not think much of Goldikova then. Paco Boy was beaten a neck and half in two races against her this year. We see much bigger defeat margins get reversed all the time. And considering her reputation, she figures to be overbet while Paco Boy will be much higher odds than the small losing margins should indicate.

joanied
11-01-2010, 07:59 PM
I think Court Vision is a sleeper in here, and he could take a check home...like everyone else, I'm waiting for the draw, but I have Proviso & Goldy on top...now with GP in there too...wow...what a race this is going to be...still think the mares can beat the boys in here!

Is it Saturday yet? :D

RaceBookJoe
11-01-2010, 09:29 PM
This should be a great race. I was hoping to key on pick 3's this year, but i will be happy if i get a pick 1. rbj

point given
11-01-2010, 09:59 PM
This should be a great race. I was hoping to key on pick 3's this year, but i will be happy if i get a pick 1. rbj

Remember that there is now 50 cent pick 3 and 4 this year so spread out a little more and then double up on plays

WinterTriangle
11-03-2010, 06:53 AM
"I'm not sure which filly is more feared, Goldikova or Zenyatta," added Ryan.

..............then,

they entered Gio against Goldikova. :D

with goldi's post, I was thinking of betting against her. I would love to see Gio take this.

thaskalos
11-03-2010, 10:56 AM
"I'm not sure which filly is more feared, Goldikova or Zenyatta," added Ryan.

..............then,

they entered Gio against Goldikova. :D

with goldi's post, I was thinking of betting against her. I would love to see Gio take this.Gio Ponti's place is on the Turf...Zenyatta or no Zenyatta. Entering him in the Turf Mile was a no-brainer...and I doubt that it had anything to do with any Zenyatta-Goldikova comparisons.

WinterTriangle
11-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Gio Ponti's place is on the Turf...Zenyatta or no Zenyatta. Entering him in the Turf Mile was a no-brainer...and I doubt that it had anything to do with any Zenyatta-Goldikova comparisons.

Perhaps you missed my laughing/joke emoticon in the post.

There was an opening so I took it

joanied
11-03-2010, 03:24 PM
I don't care much where Gio Ponti finishes, I do expect he'll get a check...I really would love to see Goldy take it for the 3rd time...but I think I'll be going for Proviso...although, both mares are stuck outside, I don't think it'll matter for Goldy, but may be the worst possible place for Proviso.

dccprez
11-04-2010, 08:51 AM
I must admit...I didn't even factor Court Vision into my thinking. But many of you have made good points. He shows up almost every time, runs very hard and is likely to be overlooked at nice odds...

I've been leaning towards Provisio. Now...not so certain. On a personal note, I would really like ot see Goldi win for the third time. So I'm conflicted; take the 6-5 on Goldi with Delagator-Provisio-Gio-Paco underneath? Not a big cash-ticket but isn't it the most likely scenario?

I welcome all opinions...

cnollfan
11-04-2010, 04:04 PM
I may be wrong but as far as I am concerned Gio Ponti is an automatic crossout.

He ran 2nd in last year's $5 million Classic (admittedly on synthetic). He ran for $10 million in Dubai. He could run in the Classic or the $3 million Turf, which does not look like a star-studded field to my Internationally challenged eyes. Instead he opts for a $2 million race. Sign of weakness as far as I'm concerned.

Same thing happened last year with the odds-on favorite in the Mile, who had been pointing to the Classic but mysteriously appeared in the Mile instead, losing to a horse from Canterbury.