PDA

View Full Version : Worst Weekend Ever...

PhantomOnTour
11-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Say that title again using the voice of Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons.

Get off work late Fri night and am driving to New Orleans to see a concert on Sat night and the Steelers/Saints game on Sun night.(I live in Lafayette which is about a 2hr drive). Pass through Baton Rouge and begin to feel a little tired so I pull over in Gonzales (home of James Carville and a leper colony...seriously) to grab a quick cup of coffee. Lo and behold, I am not paying attention, and I slam into a curb and totally ruin my tire and more. Car is undriveable. Cops come outta nowhere (like 3 cars) and begin to give me once over and the field sobriety etc....No sweat, not drunk and not on drugs. Thank God this didn't happen on the way home :lol:

Anywho...I am stuck in BFE Louisiana at 145am. Get a hotel room (and a citation from the policeman). Towing company takes the car back to his lot (which is covered by insurance) but now I need a tow to a body shop (the 2nd tow isn't covered by insurance) and that's 20 miles away in Baton Rouge. Okay, got that done. Now for the real fun...the estimate on the damage! Let's just say it's a lot and leave it at that. Car is covered but there's that annoying deductable.....so what's the tally for this wknds fun?

Hotel: $70
Tow to BR: $175
Insurance Deductable: that's personal!
Concert Ticket: $50 (for Widespread Panic...i missed the show)
Game Ticket: $225 (i missed the game too, and Pittsburgh got slapped)

You do the math for me; it hurts too much.
All this on the eve of Breeders Cup...ouch goes the bankroll.

And that's my story of the worst weekend ever.

ArlJim78
11-01-2010, 05:30 PM
ouch, that hurts. It was a good writeup though and works well if you read the whole thing in the voice of comic book man from the Simpsons. try it, its funny.

cj's dad
11-01-2010, 05:45 PM
And you picked the ravens to win the Super Bowl - they're toast.

PhantomOnTour
11-01-2010, 05:51 PM
And you picked the ravens to win the Super Bowl - they're toast.
I would advise ya'll to ignore my Breeders Cup insight as well. This bad streak could go on for awhile :lol:

toetoe
11-01-2010, 06:32 PM
BFE

The *E* stands for:

1) Egypt ?

2) Ethiopia ?

3) Other ?

This bigoted mind wants to know. :rolleyes: .

cj's dad
11-02-2010, 02:21 PM
The *E* stands for:

1) Egypt ?

2) Ethiopia ?

3) Other ?

This bigoted mind wants to know. :rolleyes: .

FWIW-There was a horse that ran in the Md. circuit 10-15 years ago
- BF Egypt

OTM Al
11-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Just as with landings, any one you can walk away from isn't that bad. Keep positive though, the wheel has a way of turning in your favor from time to time as well.

JustRalph
11-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Just as with landings, any one you can walk away from isn't that bad.

yeah right. Unless you own the Airplane and have to pay for the landing gear repairs..........

Don't ask how I know............ :bang:

ldiatone
11-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Say that title again using the voice of Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons.

Get off work late Fri night and am driving to New Orleans to see a concert on Sat night and the Steelers/Saints game on Sun night.(I live in Lafayette which is about a 2hr drive). Pass through Baton Rouge and begin to feel a little tired so I pull over in Gonzales (home of James Carville and a leper colony...seriously) to grab a quick cup of coffee. Lo and behold, I am not paying attention, and I slam into a curb and totally ruin my tire and more. Car is undriveable. Cops come outta nowhere (like 3 cars) and begin to give me once over and the field sobriety etc....No sweat, not drunk and not on drugs. Thank God this didn't happen on the way home :lol:

Anywho...I am stuck in BFE Louisiana at 145am. Get a hotel room (and a citation from the policeman). Towing company takes the car back to his lot (which is covered by insurance) but now I need a tow to a body shop (the 2nd tow isn't covered by insurance) and that's 20 miles away in Baton Rouge. Okay, got that done. Now for the real fun...the estimate on the damage! Let's just say it's a lot and leave it at that. Car is covered but there's that annoying deductable.....so what's the tally for this wknds fun?

Hotel: $70
Tow to BR: $175
Insurance Deductable: that's personal!
Concert Ticket: $50 (for Widespread Panic...i missed the show)
Game Ticket: $225 (i missed the game too, and Pittsburgh got slapped)

You do the math for me; it hurts too much.
All this on the eve of Breeders Cup...ouch goes the bankroll.

And that's my story of the worst weekend ever.
don't feel bad PH, i locked my keys in the car this morning while going to work........WITH THE CAR RUNNING :bang: :mad:

cj's dad
11-02-2010, 09:16 PM
don't feel bad PH, i locked my keys in the car this morning while going to work........WITH THE CAR RUNNING :bang: :mad:

Youse guys from pittsburgh - yo all have have problems with ADD ?!?

PhantomOnTour
11-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Youse guys from pittsburgh - yo all have have problems with ADD ?!?
We can ADD, subtract, multiply (sorry), and divide man...whatchu talkin bout?? :lol:

Tom
11-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Car keys....I was at the airport one day, coming home from a 5 day trip.
I opened the trunk, took the keys out and stuck the case in my mouth as I picked up my bags with both hands and put them inside. The, as I was closing the trunk, I sneezed, the keys flew into the trunk and I was already slamming it down!:D:mad::blush: