PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper Bias- Alive and Well

cj's dad
11-01-2010, 10:38 AM
This photo was shown on the front page of today's Baltimore Sun.

The left depicts gov. Martin (pretty boy) O'Malley with his arm around two African-American girls, who are apparently just in awe of being in his presence. The other is of former Gov. and challenger Bob Erlich in a bar with two beer drinking white guys, What a sham the media has become.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/alternatethumbnails/story/2010-11/57229741-01033819.jpg (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-campaign-last-weekend-20101031,0,7428554.story)

jballscalls
11-01-2010, 11:43 AM
This photo was shown on the front page of today's Baltimore Sun.

The left depicts gov. Martin (pretty boy) O'Malley with his arm around two African-American girls, who are apparently just in awe of being in his presence. The other is of former Gov. and challenger Bob Erlich in a bar with two beer drinking white guys, What a sham the media has become.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/alternatethumbnails/story/2010-11/57229741-01033819.jpg (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-campaign-last-weekend-20101031,0,7428554.story)

i'd rather elect a guy that can enjoy a beer and talk to real folks than someone who poses for diversity shots. thats just me though

johnhannibalsmith
11-01-2010, 12:28 PM
i'd rather elect a guy that can enjoy a beer...

Hmmmm... from here that looks like a Diet Pepsi sans bendy straw... We need Mack to blow it up Zapruder style as exhibit A(a-1).

TJDave
11-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Since when have newspapers NOT been biased?

Don't they typically endorse candidates?

JustRalph
11-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Since when have newspapers NOT been biased?

Don't they typically endorse candidates?

exactly right. But unless these shots were on the Editorial page, CJ's Dad is right.......it shows a bias.

Neither one of these guys are very good candidates. It truly is a lesser of two evils situation. As usual

mostpost
11-01-2010, 04:24 PM
exactly right. But unless these shots were on the Editorial page, CJ's Dad is right.......it shows a bias.

Neither one of these guys are very good candidates. It truly is a lesser of two evils situation. As usual
O'Malley was at an event in a predominantly black area. Erlich was in a bar with some white patrons. That's just the way their schedules for the day worked out. Nothing sinister; no nefarious plot. Tomorrow may be just the opposite.

JustRalph
11-01-2010, 04:44 PM
O'Malley was at an event in a predominantly black area. Erlich was in a bar with some white patrons. That's just the way their schedules for the day worked out. Nothing sinister; no nefarious plot. Tomorrow may be just the opposite.

You are such a double talking spin meister

You really believe these are the only two photos they had of these guys?

Give me a break Mosty?

PhantomOnTour
11-01-2010, 05:31 PM
The girls with O'Malley can't vote and the guys in the bar with Ehrlich can. Without knowing the political affiliation it seems most folks would identify with the bar shot rather than the kid shot. I know I would....it seems like real interaction rather than a posed shot.
Just my opine.

cj's dad
11-01-2010, 05:41 PM
i'd rather elect a guy that can enjoy a beer and talk to real folks than someone who poses for diversity shots. thats just me though

You sure are coming up with some good posts lately.

So, you're assuming these shots were taken on the same day. I think in the business they are referred to as "archive shots"

These were front page material Ralph

And, Ehrlich is much the better of the two.

Rookies
11-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Hmmmm... from here that looks like a Diet Pepsi sans bendy straw... We need Mack to blow it up Zapruder style as exhibit A(a-1).

No shite.

And regardless of the faked Dem pic, like THAT guy is going to be in bars like that chugging his Pepsi with those boys every week...:lol: :lol:

Please, got any swamp land ?

Tom
11-01-2010, 09:57 PM
You are such a double talking spin meister

You really believe these are the only two photos they had of these guys?

Give me a break Mosty?

Baghdad Bob was more objective!

toetoe
11-02-2010, 06:51 PM
The only thing I read into these pictures is pander-monium to certain readers --- the dear colored people and their southpaw white saviors. Nothing really so perditious about being white and male per se ... at least officially. :rolleyes: .