PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 leans

Valuist
09-17-2003, 10:35 AM
Tampa -4 over Atlanta. Tampa had trouble w/Caro last year and they lost outright last week. They buried Atlanta twice last year with Vick and they are great on the carpet and at slowing down speed teams.

Baltimore pick over SD. San Diego has had trouble stopping the run and I look for the Ravens to all Jamal Lewis' number all day again.

Minnesota -3.5 over Detroit. Don't be fooled by the week 1 win; the Lions are still a horrible football team.

Seattle -3 over St Louis. St Louis has a strong home/road dichotemy and should be played against on the road.

Miami -3 over Buffalo. I know this is another favorite. This will be the Bills 2nd trip to Florida in a week. Miami still has the best defense in the AFC. As good as Buff has been, they haven't run the ball well so far.

Oakland +4.5 over Denver. I think this is an overreaction to the Raiders close call against Cincy. If Plummer is out, I don't see any falloff w/Beuerlein. But Portis is banged up. 4.5 is a great dog number since 4 is one of the more common occuring differentials.

Valuist
09-18-2003, 09:51 AM
I'm laying off Baltimore. Apparently a couple days of practice and their travel itinerary have been messed up by the oncoming hurricane. And 0-2 teams (SD) have been known to bite back in week 3. I'm looking at Jville and the pts; could be a letdown spot for the Colts after Manning finally beat the Titans. Dungy historically has been terrible ATS when laying more than 4.5 pts.

SAL
09-21-2003, 12:17 AM
I also like Tampa Bay -5. I'm sure Gruden worked on the special teams and the problem with penalties. I expect a low scoring game, but I like TB to cover the number.

Also:

SF -7 over Cleveland. Holcomb is looking shaky (2 picks last week) I know the 49ers are the superior team.

Cincinnati +5.5 Yes! I think this week the Bungles put it all together.

NY Jets +6.5 I like the Jets to keep it close.

Valuist
09-22-2003, 10:39 AM
3-1 ATS so far and I had a cancel out a winner (Baltimore). That Miami D looked as good as Tampa Bay's D last night.

Go Raydahs.