PDA

View Full Version : Brennan Staying at Yonkers?

badcompany
10-31-2010, 12:57 PM
I've noticed that Brennan is driving at Yonkers even though the Meadowlands is running on Fri & Sat nights. Apparently, he thinks he can do better racing for slots money.

pandy
10-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Especially with a cloud hanging over the Big M.

Tom
10-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Isn't that pretty much the idea of driving? Money?

badcompany
11-01-2010, 01:18 AM
Isn't that pretty much the idea of driving? Money?

There are six drivers: Brennan, Sears, Tetrick, Gingras, Pierce, & A. Miller, based in the Meadowlands, who have made more this year than Yonkers' top driver, Jason Bartlett.

Perhaps what Pandy is alluding to is correct and Brennan knows something about the future of M1.

Pacingguy
11-01-2010, 07:58 AM
It's going to be ugly at the Meadowlands next year. The SBOANJ is stsill hopeful they will get a subsidy from somewhere. I just don't see it happening. Christie is a hardcore fiscal conservative and a rising star in the national GOP and loved by the Tea Party. If he has aspirations for higher office, is he going to do give racing a subsidy next year? Don't see it. The Democrats may want to give a subsidy but my guess is he will veto it and his fellow Republicans in the state legislature won't support an override.

If that is the case and the horsemen insist on their 100 day meet, they anticipate a daily purses totalling $132,500. This year was $170,000 a day and we know how good that meet went. Look for $6,000 claimers at the Meadowlands in 2011.

In light of that, where do you think the better drivers will be racing in 2011?

badcompany
11-01-2010, 10:06 AM
It's going to be ugly at the Meadowlands next year. The SBOANJ is stsill hopeful they will get a subsidy from somewhere. I just don't see it happening. Christie is a hardcore fiscal conservative and a rising star in the national GOP and loved by the Tea Party. If he has aspirations for higher office, is he going to do give racing a subsidy next year? Don't see it. The Democrats may want to give a subsidy but my guess is he will veto it and his fellow Republicans in the state legislature won't support an override.

If that is the case and the horsemen insist on their 100 day meet, they anticipate a daily purses totalling $132,500. This year was $170,000 a day and we know how good that meet went. Look for $6,000 claimers at the Meadowlands in 2011.

In light of that, where do you think the better drivers will be racing in 2011?

I don't see the subsidy either. Christie just canceled a Hudson River tunnel project that had legit benefits but was too expensive. Can't see him greenlighting any $$ for harness racing.

Who woulda thunk 6k claimers at the Meadowlands? That's Saratoga Harness level.

The Bit
11-01-2010, 12:49 PM
As a NJ resident who is married to a NJ teacher, I see no possiblity of any help to the NJ racing industry. He has basically told the teachers union to shove it so I doubt he is going to do horse racing any favors.

If he does back off on some of these "tough" stances he has taken either the cops or the teachers will get him in an alley.

I usually save the PP's from the tracks that I'm playing or following during certain times but I actually threw out the Big M's in favor of Chester and Yonkers on Friday. I did bet some M, but I'm not going to put a ton of time into watcing replays or tracking the racing for one or two possible bets a night.