PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to Churchill Downs

Valuist
10-31-2010, 09:02 AM
For carding one of your "2 YO days" on a Sunday. With numerous first time starters and the high percentage of those who have run making their real dirt debuts, this is a good day to turn on the Red Zone channel and not even bother with horse racing. Its No Clicker Sunday.

Grits
10-31-2010, 09:19 AM
Enjoy two year old races. They can, and most likely, will, offer some excellent value and bring some fine prices. Much good luck to any who are playing CD's opening day card.

Valuist
10-31-2010, 09:50 AM
As a handicapper, I like the idea of running all these 2 YO races on the same day so they all can get a race on real dirt. The next time out we'll get a much better idea. But as for betting today, its a complete pass for me. Too much guesswork involved.

The unintended consquence of tracks like Kee and AP putting Polytrack in is that it makes the fall CD meet almost unplayable. Many younger horses run in the fall CD meet, and a high percentage of them have only races on synthetic so its really a guess as to how they'll perform on dirt.

JBmadera
10-31-2010, 09:53 AM
For carding one of your "2 YO days" on a Sunday. With numerous first time starters and the high percentage of those who have run making their real dirt debuts, this is a good day to turn on the Red Zone channel and not even bother with horse racing. Its No Clicker Sunday.

exactly what I'm going to do - LOVE the red zone channel.... :ThmbUp:

Grits
10-31-2010, 10:01 AM
As a handicapper as well, looking at the past performances for today, with the exception of 4 races out of the 11 carded, many of these two year olds have run on dirt, some more than two or three starts. And this can't be a bad thing, not to me anyway. One has to deal with the synthetic as best as one can if horses have run over it.

Shelby
10-31-2010, 10:13 AM
Enjoy two year old races. They can, and most likely, will, offer some excellent value and bring some fine prices. Much good luck to any who are playing CD's opening day card.

Me too!!! I usually spend a bit more on these bets and you can really hit some good payouts! And, a lot of them are feisty, which is fun to watch. :)

bettheoverlay
10-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Belmont's race card today is all 2yos as well.

Grits
10-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Oh my gosh. Why do I feel overload heading my way . . . . . .:lol:

fmolf
10-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Belmont's race card today is all 2yos as well.
I know i was going to play today from home ...make a few bets as i watch the football games.I have a steadfast rule i never wager on 2 yr old races unless able to view the horses in the paddock before the race.the only exception is on breeders cup day,this only because of the large pools,and all the casual monies in them!good luck to all on the big days this weekend!

sandpit
10-31-2010, 12:10 PM

The 2yo day was the brainchild of the former racing secretary Doug Breder, who CD fired about five years ago. The CD management hated his idea so much, they expanded from one day (which was held on the final day of the fall meet), to doing it twice per meet. The closing day card always has really full fields.