PDA

View Full Version : Who's last in the Classic............

JustRalph
10-30-2010, 11:37 PM
Give your best guess........who runs last in the Breeders Cup Classic

I know it's early and we aren't sure who gets in yet......but what the heck

Dakota Phone is my guess

PaceAdvantage
10-30-2010, 11:45 PM
Even though he's not officially running in the race: Mind That Bird.

Hopefully, Saratoga Mike will be happy with me now. :bang: :lol:

Market Mover
10-31-2010, 01:48 AM
Give your best guess........who runs last in the Breeders Cup Classic

I know it's early and we aren't sure who gets in yet......but what the heck

Dakota Phone is my guess

No, Dakota Phone has late closing speed. He was closing at the end of Pac Classic. Has a shot at hitting superfecta. Can sustain a rally and dirt could be just what the doctor ordered. Haynesfield has a better chance at finishing last.

PhantomOnTour
10-31-2010, 03:25 AM
Etched gets cooked and fades just like last time he ran at CD.

jjm323
10-31-2010, 08:06 AM
Zenyatta - DNF

Tee
10-31-2010, 08:55 AM
Morning Line

JBmadera
10-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Zenyatta - DNF

I can certainly see it this way, it's why races aren't run on paper - anything can happen once they spring the latch.

AgainstAllOdds
10-31-2010, 02:50 PM
Dakota Phone won't be running in the Classic, so I've heard.

AgainstAllOdds
10-31-2010, 11:35 PM
Zenyatta - DNF

You mean Zenyatta did not finish the second time around? :lol: She is an untapped mare. She's never needed to show her best, but she will bring the A game oin Sat. Be sure you remember I told you that OK?

horses4courses
10-31-2010, 11:40 PM
Zenyatta - DNF

So, why does she not finish the race, oh wise Swami?

Are you clairvoyant, or just another hater?

PaceAdvantage
11-01-2010, 12:11 AM
You mean Zenyatta did not finish the second time around? :lol: She is an untapped mare. She's never needed to show her best, but she will bring the A game oin Sat. Be sure you remember I told you that OK?Really going out on a limb there, picking the favorite? :lol:

Yup, we'll remember... :rolleyes:

Charlie D
11-01-2010, 12:58 AM
You mean Zenyatta did not finish the second time around? :lol: She is an untapped mare. She's never needed to show her best, but she will bring the A game oin Sat. Be sure you remember I told you that OK?

Good point. Can you tell that to those who think she has beat the best in world or even best in US.

nijinski
11-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Dakota Phone won't be running in the Classic, so I've heard.
Good , he needs a break.

depalma113
11-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Espoir City

kid4rilla
11-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Espoir City will NOT finish last. Won't hit the board either.

OTM Al
11-01-2010, 12:51 PM
No point in answering this just as who will win til we see how the track is playing. If it's the frontrunning expressway down the rail it was last time, someone like Haynesfield could get out front and never look back. If it's heavily favoring closers (for what ever reason) that same horse could be dropping back fast coming into the stretch.

thaskalos
11-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Really going out on a limb there, picking the favorite? :lol:

Yup, we'll remember... :rolleyes:Here is going out on a limb...Morning Line will finish last, and Fly Down will finish in the top 2.

gm10
11-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Here is going out on a limb...Morning Line will finish last, and Fly Down will finish in the top 2.

I quietly fancy Fly Down too. It was only the rail bias that beat him in the Travers, I upgrade that performance by at least a couple of points
(Promise Me A Cat was another victim of the bias that day). The JGC is a different matter but hopefully the odds will make up for that.

thaskalos
11-01-2010, 04:53 PM
I quietly fancy Fly Down too. It was only the rail bias that beat him in the Travers, I upgrade that performance by at least a couple of points
What a handicapping team we would make...:)

AgainstAllOdds
11-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Really going out on a limb there, picking the favorite? :lol:

Yup, we'll remember... :rolleyes:

There is going to be lots of moolah in the rolling pick 3's, the pick 4 and the pick 6. Friends and I are putting a ticket together, so why not use the horse we think is going to win the Classic. Between all of us, half think Zenyatta will win, the rest like Lookin At Lucky. I want to spread some of the other bets, so why would I look for a longshot in the Classic? So, I picked the favorite. From reading this forum, she certainly isn't the favorite of a lot of you.:)

I will grant you Zenyatta has NEVER had to show her best, but she will be bringing it on Sat., and I believe she will retire on a win. You have to cut back somewhere in a pick 4 and 6, and I don't believe for a minute that Haynesfield will be anywhere around...so Zenyatta it is.

PaceAdvantage
11-02-2010, 09:10 PM
All I'm saying is, I'm not sure why anyone would be looking for credit for picking the 8/5 ML chalk...to each his own I suppose.

Spiderman
11-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Zenyatta - DNF

I won this type of contest with Pollard's Vision in KD. There was a dnf, but the rule stipulated, "finishes."

In this year's Classic, Etched would be my selection for finishes last.

Bettowin
11-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Pleasant Prince is next to Zenyatta and will get a good look at her going into the gate and say "no thank you" I will wait until next time:)

DFL

WinterTriangle
11-03-2010, 04:39 AM
All the horses I thought would run last were taken out of the race

All I'm saying is, I'm not sure why anyone would be looking for credit for picking the 8/5 ML chalk...to each his own I suppose.

Exotics won't pay too badly I think. Esp. if horses like Espoir City and Pleasant Prince stay as high as they are, and Blame or QR run out.

Still banging my head about Paddy going in here. He's a really good turfer, bred for it, and should have taken his chances there...his talent is on grass...and he would havemore chance to be ITM even with the horses going there

AgainstAllOdds
11-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Apparently Dakata Phone is running..poor thing. My guess is he will still be running when everyone else has crossed the wire. I pick him to be last. He doesn't belong there at all. I wonder why they are running him so much. :confused:

PhantomOnTour
11-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Apparently Dakata Phone is running..poor thing. My guess is he will still be running when everyone else has crossed the wire. I pick him to be last. He doesn't belong there at all. I wonder why they are running him so much. :confused:
He's going in the Dirt Mile

AgainstAllOdds
11-03-2010, 10:55 AM

I'm not looking for credit for picking the favorite at all. I am saying the pick 4 can pay very well with the favorite winning. I just don't see wasting time looking for longshots that aren't going to be there. :8: would be the winner.

AgainstAllOdds
11-03-2010, 11:00 AM
I don't have a clue who will run last in the Classic. It all depends on how the race unfolds. It could be any number of horses. I just wish them all a safe trip.

Valuist
11-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Espoir City will NOT finish last. Won't hit the board either.

Why couldn't he hit the board? He's 7 for 7 on dry dirt, absolutely destroyed the only American horse (a decent one who's running in the Dirt Mile) who faced him. He won't be 20-1. I could see Espoir under 10-1.

JustRalph
11-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Espoir City.........

now that my first pick is out

WinterTriangle
11-03-2010, 03:21 PM
I'd wager Espoir City to run ITM.

SmartyLane
11-04-2010, 01:39 PM
His connections have been pointing to this race all year. They gave him the summer off so he would be rested. Ran in a mile race and was 2nd, but mainly used the race as a prep.

This horse is ready, now, the questions is he good enough?

Saw him this morning, and he does look the part.

WinterTriangle
11-04-2010, 02:28 PM
His connections have been pointing to this race all year. They gave him the summer off so he would be rested. Ran in a mile race and was 2nd, but mainly used the race as a prep.

This horse is ready, now, the questions is he good enough?

Saw him this morning, and he does look the part.

No way to know, because Japanese workouts are not done the way they are in the US, so many are left guessing, dinging him on that.

sandpit
11-04-2010, 09:03 PM
How about the horse that has only one lifetime win, First Dude?

PhantomOnTour
11-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Answer: Quality Road!

None of us got it right :lol:

WJ47
11-07-2010, 01:57 AM
Answer: Quality Road!

None of us got it right :lol:

I'm still stunned by this result. :mad: