PDA

View Full Version : Rally to Restore Sanity- No Filming Allowed!

ArlJim78
10-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Some strange rules in effect at the Jon Stewarts rally to restore his vanity.
In case you haven't heard this is the spontaneous grass roots event conceived and planned by Viacom with free transportation provided by The Huffington Post.

It seems they are quite selective when it comes to issuing press passes (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/rally-to-resore-sanity-pledges-to-strictly-prohibit-filming-at-national-mall-106355893.html), and they feel that it is within their rights to ban any filming of the event. So trying to prevent people from doing something clearly within their rights is what is known as "Restoring Sanity"? why am I not surprised.
__________________________________________________ _____________

“Rally to Resore Sanity” pledges to “strictly prohibit filming” at National MallBy: J.P. Freire (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bios/jp-freire.html)

Associate Commentary Editor
10/29/10 10:35 PM EDT

Irony reaches new heights as Comedy Central is going to “strictly prohibit filming” of the Rally to Restore Sanity/March to Keep Fear Alive. PJTV’s Washington Bureau chief Richard Pollock inquired with the Comedy Central’s senior vice president of corporate communications Steve Albani about receiving credentials. Albani claimed that Pollock would not be given credentials because of limited supply, and as such there would be no room on the “press riser” for PJTV’s camera and crew. When Pollock said that he’d be fine with filming not on the press riser, Albani said that filming would be “strictly prohibited” between 3rd and 7th streets on the National Mall (ground zero for the event). The email exchange is further down.

GaryG
10-30-2010, 12:05 PM
The Tuesday elections will do just fine to restore the nation's sanity.....not sure about Stewart's vanity though.

boxcar
10-30-2010, 12:07 PM
They're just keeping Americans' fears alive and healthy. The Left gets more stupid with every passing day. :rolleyes:

Just wait until this election over. Real Americans will swear that every inmate in every asylum across our land has escaped. The Left will go insane. Watch.

Boxcar

GameTheory
10-30-2010, 12:09 PM
They probably just want to sell DVDs later...

ArlJim78
10-30-2010, 12:48 PM
comment found on instapundit:

UPDATE: Charlie Martin emails: “It’s pretty clear that ’sanity’ in this context means ’seeing and hearing what we think is good for you.’”

mostpost
10-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Some strange rules in effect at the Jon Stewarts rally to restore his vanity.
In case you haven't heard this is the spontaneous grass roots event conceived and planned by Viacom with free transportation provided by The Huffington Post.

It seems they are quite selective when it comes to issuing press passes (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/rally-to-resore-sanity-pledges-to-strictly-prohibit-filming-at-national-mall-106355893.html), and they feel that it is within their rights to ban any filming of the event. So trying to prevent people from doing something clearly within their rights is what is known as "Restoring Sanity"? why am I not surprised.
__________________________________________________ _____________

[/color]

[/left]
If Huffington Post is providing everybody with free transportation they are going to have one heck of a bill. Looks like there's a million people there. Way bigger than Beck's rally.
It is unbeliveable and pathetic how you guys insist on turning everything into a political diatribe. Do you ever just enjoy? :bang: :bang:

boxcar
10-30-2010, 02:28 PM
If Huffington Post is providing everybody with free transportation they are going to have one heck of a bill. Looks like there's a million people there. Way bigger than Beck's rally.
It is unbeliveable and pathetic how you guys insist on turning everything into a political diatribe. Do you ever just enjoy? :bang: :bang:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure we can expect you to hit us with lots of vids and pics, right? We definitely want to see those "million people". :rolleyes:

Boxcar
P.S. I think I might have figured out why no pics or vids of this event is being allowed. I heard that the group didn't provide enough toilet facilities. Need I say more? :lol: :lol:

prospector
10-30-2010, 04:15 PM
last word i read was low thousands...

ArlJim78
10-30-2010, 06:12 PM
it was nothing close to what Beck had. maybe 50,000

and I'm shocked because it was whiter than any tea party crowd. (http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/archives/015227.html)

ArlJim78
10-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Of course the real rally to restore sanity is being held this Tuesday, and I know there will be big turnout for that one, at least on one side I should say.

boxcar
10-30-2010, 06:25 PM
it was nothing close to what Beck had. maybe 50,000

and I'm shocked because it was whiter than any tea party crowd. (http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/archives/015227.html)

Whoa...50,000!? I'm nearly impressed. But I'm sure the cleanup folks are very happy campers considering the politics of the crowd. :D

Boxcar
P.S. Hmm...let's see. Someone reported not enough porta potties. Maybe this is what BO meant by shovel-ready jobs? :D

JustRalph
10-30-2010, 07:22 PM

Msnbc playing it safe......

Tens of thousands join Stewart, Colbert at 'sanity' rally
In election's shadow, comedians entertain throngs at D.C. 'sanity' event

Sure am glad it wasn't political........

And Mosty......... if things fall right....... I am gonna enjoy the hell out of this Tuesday night......... :ThmbUp:
http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/101030-sanity-hmed-10a.grid-7x2.jpg

Mike at A+
10-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Ya gotta love how the liberals bitched and moaned about the one sign at a Tea Party rally that showed Obama with a Hitler mustache and then the assholes show up at this rally with SEVERAL such signs depicting MANY Republicans. Can we all say "double standard"?

jelly
10-30-2010, 07:51 PM

Beck's rally was a Grade 1 race,these guys are running in a Claiming race.

boxcar
10-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Imagine if they didn't try to lure a crowd with several entertainers. 10,000 might have showed up. :D (Hey, Mosty, were all those entertainers part of the grassroots effort? They were used to stimulate the crowd, were they? Wonder if they were paid with leftover stimulus money? :lol: )

The rally was well represented, I was told. Even such notable mainstream, traditional values-oriented groups as NAMBLA was represented. Nice. (Does anyone know where BO stands on man-boy love? Just curious.)

Boxcar

Robert Goren
10-30-2010, 07:57 PM
From what I saw on TV, it looks like they had about half of the crowd of the last Beck rally.

boxcar
10-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Ya gotta love how the liberals bitched and moaned about the one sign at a Tea Party rally that showed Obama with a Hitler mustache and then the assholes show up at this rally with SEVERAL such signs depicting MANY Republicans. Can we all say "double standard"?

Someone else might have mentioned this but...from the several photos I've seen, I didn't see any BLACK people? Do we conservatives get to call this idiotic event racist? Maybe this event should have been billed as Restore Integration to America. :lol:

Boxcar

jballscalls
10-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Someone else might have mentioned this but...from the several photos I've seen, I didn't see any BLACK people? Do we conservatives get to call this idiotic event racist? Maybe this event should have been billed as Restore Integration to America. :lol:

Boxcar

I was told by a friend who attended in Seattle that there were no black people there. however she did say that minorities dont have as much disposable income and they only represent 25% of the population

Mike at A+
10-30-2010, 08:16 PM
I was told by a friend who attended in Seattle that there were no black people there. however she did say that minorities dont have as much disposable income and they only represent 25% of the population
Maybe if Beyonce`, Lil Wayne or Jay Z were there instead of the O'Jays they would have drawn more minorities.

To paraphrase Wolf "so poor, so black" Blitzer, that crowd looked SO RICH and SO WHITE.

boxcar
10-30-2010, 08:20 PM

Well, this is an excuse worth filing away for future reference the next time conservatives come under attack. :D

Boxcar

boxcar
10-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Maybe if Beyonce`, Lil Wayne or Jay Z were there instead of the O'Jays they would have drawn more minorities.

To paraphrase Wolf "so poor, so black" Blitzer, that crowd looked SO RICH and SO WHITE.

Of course it was. They probably had a large contingency of Limo Libs show up to boot. :D

Boxcar

turfnsport
10-30-2010, 08:24 PM
From NY Times:
The National Park Service did not offer a crowd estimate. But in an e-mail, one Comedy Central executive joked that the size of the crowd was “30 or 40 million.” And before the event, Mr. Colbert offered his own guess in a Twitter message: “Early estimate of crowd size at rally: 6 billion.”

My estimate is 200,000+

Tom
10-30-2010, 08:26 PM
I have news for you libs - that was NOT a crowd there for the event.
That was the DC homeless, thanks to Obama and the dems economic fumbling! :D

Steve 'StatMan'
10-30-2010, 09:02 PM

Yeah, I thought they billed this as a return to sanity.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-30-2010, 09:04 PM
Beck's rally was a Grade 1 race,these guys are running in a Claiming race.

Yup. And like the complaints in a racing thread, the race caller is going way over the top for this event.

ArlJim78
10-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Whoa...50,000!? I'm nearly impressed. But I'm sure the cleanup folks are very happy campers considering the politics of the crowd. :D

One thing I give Stewart credit for is I head a clip of his talk and one of the first things out of his mouth was a plea to leave the place cleaner than it was before the rally, and to not litter. i don't know if people listened to him or not, but I applaud the attempt at trying to get people to be responsible.

mostpost
10-30-2010, 10:16 PM
“Early estimate of crowd size at rally: 6 billion.”
I knew it!!! I knew it!!!! It was bigger than Beck's Rally. :jump: :jump: :jump:

lsbets
10-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Did John Stewart speak up to distance himself from the person carrying the sign showing Eric Cantor (a Jew) with a Hitler mustache? This was nothing but an all white hate rally full of extremists and hate mongers. I'm sure the NAACP will be speaking out soon about the lack of diversity in the crowd, and until Stewart speaks out against the haters, it is safe to say he is one of them. Right Hcap? That's your logic after all.

boxcar
10-30-2010, 10:33 PM
I knew it!!! I knew it!!!! It was bigger than Beck's Rally. :jump: :jump: :jump:

Bigger than the million man march, too. :D

Boxcar
P.S. Wonder what the NAACP,the Black Caucus and BO are going to say about this 6 million white man march? :lol:

mostpost
10-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Msnbc playing it safe......

Tens of thousands join Stewart, Colbert at 'sanity' rally
In election's shadow, comedians entertain throngs at D.C. 'sanity' event

Sure am glad it wasn't political........

And Mosty......... if things fall right....... I am gonna enjoy the hell out of this Tuesday night......... :ThmbUp:
http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/101030-sanity-hmed-10a.grid-7x2.jpg
Those are remarkable signs. They are especially remarkable for the fact they don't have sticks to hold them up. They are just suspended in air. No one is holding them up. Can you say photoshop. Fess up JustRalph. Did you do it or did you find it already done? Or did you fall for it like everyone else except one very alert very clever person. :lol: :lol: :lol:

newtothegame
10-31-2010, 12:23 AM
Those are remarkable signs. They are especially remarkable for the fact they don't have sticks to hold them up. They are just suspended in air. No one is holding them up. Can you say photoshop. Fess up JustRalph. Did you do it or did you find it already done? Or did you fall for it like everyone else except one very alert very clever person. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually....maybe ya need glasses mosty. Now I dont know if they were phot shpped or not but, you can see a stick in the back sign directly under the start of the "D"..

mostpost
10-31-2010, 01:14 AM
Actually....maybe ya need glasses mosty. Now I dont know if they were photo shopped or not but, you can see a stick in the back sign directly under the start of the "D"..
I already wear glasses. It would appear that I was wrong and you are right. How often does that happen. I still don't know if that is a stick back there, but I went looking for the original photo and found it. It was on the MSNBC website with the caption (paraphrasing) "Demonstrators hold up anti-Republican signs"

So I will say those signs were wrong and in bad taste; the same way they were wrong and in bad taste when Beck's people and others had similar signs featuring Obama.

Not sure if Sarah doesn't look better there. The Gabby Hayes look might work for her. :D

JustRalph
10-31-2010, 02:30 AM
I already wear glasses. It would appear that I was wrong and you are right. How often does that happen. I still don't know if that is a stick back there, but I went looking for the original photo and found it. It was on the MSNBC website with the caption (paraphrasing) "Demonstrators hold up anti-Republican signs"

So I will say those signs were wrong and in bad taste; the same way they were wrong and in bad taste when Beck's people and others had similar signs featuring Obama.

Not sure if Sarah doesn't look better there. The Gabby Hayes look might work for her. :D

There were no signs at beck rally. It was against rules at the beck rally

Rookies
10-31-2010, 11:36 AM
There were no signs at beck rally. It was against rules at the beck rally

Maybe that was the rule. But, it was flouted. EASY to find both pro/con on the Net, JR!

Stewarts' day generated about 225k persons judging from photos and a variety of estimates.

Mike at A+
10-31-2010, 11:47 AM
IM2CO.jpg

Rookies
10-31-2010, 11:49 AM
IM2CO.jpg

I guess Chrissy Witch has one vote! :lol:

Mike at A+
10-31-2010, 11:51 AM
More "sanity"

Tom
10-31-2010, 11:51 AM
Look like some Canadians showed up. :rolleyes:

Rookies
10-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Tommy, you're jumping the shark here. It was making fun of the: " NO SIGNS" @ Beck rally edict, no doubt. ;)

But I can see why Glenn worried about them there signs. Don't know about the Right in Canada, but the Left here tries to spell properly when they're hoisting a protest sign at some pol event.

And after that: " Get a Brain Moran " classic (the gift that keeps on giving), it was downhill all the way: http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/bl-misspelled-signs.htm :lol: :D ;)

Mike at A+
10-31-2010, 12:29 PM
I'll take bad spelling and good morals over good spelling and bad morals anyday. I wonder if the largely Democratic felon vote won any spelling bees?

boxcar
10-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Tommy, you're jumping the shark here. It was making fun of the: " NO SIGNS" @ Beck rally edict, no doubt. ;)

But I can see why Glenn worried about them there signs. Don't know about the Right in Canada, but the Left here tries to spell properly when they're hoisting a protest sign at some pol event.

And after that: " Get a Brain Moran " classic (the gift that keeps on giving), it was downhill all the way: http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/bl-misspelled-signs.htm :lol: :D ;)

Then send you Lefties down here to teach our Lefties how to spell. (Does everyone recall the huge SEIU banner that contained a word that was spelled incorrectly?)

Boxcar
P.S. And when you send your Lefties down here, make sure they stop off to see me and I'll give them instructions on righteous living. That would complement their alleged spelling skills. :D