PDA

View Full Version : More Squawking from the Left....as predicted

JustRalph
10-28-2010, 06:18 AM
Many have predicted that the closer we get to the election, the more the Libs/Lefties will start screaming. I can't wait to see what we are reading in about 10 days. It should be good. If the polls are right and the Dems take a drubbing, the lefty pundits will go off the deep end.

Tom Friedman (who I used to think had some brains until he started letting his left leanings show more and more after Barry O was elected) joins the chorus of squealing pigs

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/opinion/27friedman.html?_r=2

wisconsin
10-28-2010, 11:46 AM
I wonder if he wants some cheese and crackers to go along with his whine.

JustRalph
10-28-2010, 12:17 PM
For the last month Friedman has been writing articles about how great China is. He has been visiting there. Does that tell you anything about how he would like the country to be run?

Tom
10-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Does he have any kids?
Maybe he would like them working in a Nike Factory.

Anyone impressed with China doesn't belong in this country.

highnote
10-29-2010, 03:54 PM
I can't see any reason to whine. It was easily predictable that repubs would get back in the game in the midterm elections.

Just like it was predictable that dems would capture the majority after the repubs had the majority while Bush was in the White House.

The political pendulum swings back and forth. That's a good thing. This is the way the founding fathers planned it. They wanted to prevent the tyranny of narrow majorities -- especially on domestic policy.

They made rules which gave the president much more power on foreign policy. Things were good at home and abroad while Clinton was president so he didn't have as much to deal with as Bush II and Obama.

Bush I and II, in my opinion, focused on foreign policy and were lax on domestic. They both left office as the country was in economic trouble domestically.

Obama has been faced with huge problems both domestic and foreign in nature.

Obama has had the greatest number of difficult problems to deal with of any president that I can remember. He inherited an economy in the toilet and war in two countries. Will Iran be the next country he goes after?

BlueShoe
10-29-2010, 04:15 PM
For the last month Friedman has been writing articles about how great China is. He has been visiting there.
Did he see the walls? Not the Great Wall, which all the tourists see, but the ones where the dissidents are lined up against and shot. The ChiComs are still the children of Mao, and we should never forget that. During the Cold War the communists propaganda used to call the USA a paper tiger, now it is China that is the paper tiger, and it is real, not propaganda. They have huge problems, their GDP and their standard of living is far below ours. The left far overestimates them, as might be expected, since they have always had an admiration for statist nations.