PDA

View Full Version : Time Traveler ? Watch this vid

JustRalph
10-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Y6a4T2tJaSU

I don't know about Time Traveler..... who the hell would you call? and if there are no cell towers? you get my point...........but it damn sure is weird

highnote
10-27-2010, 11:01 PM
I don't know about time traveller, either, but it's a clever way of getting publicity about a new product. LOL

It looks like the "black thing" is the shadow from the person's hand. It looks to me like the person is scratching their head.

johnhannibalsmith
10-28-2010, 01:20 AM
.... who the hell would you call? and if there are no cell towers? ....

This was literally the first two things I said... which promptly drew laughter from others who naturally knew aliens don't need towers for their cell phones.

highnote
10-28-2010, 02:42 AM
This was literally the first two things I said... which promptly drew laughter from others who naturally knew aliens don't need towers for their cell phones.

Would an earthling who is a time traveler be considered an alien?

Why is it that time travelers always travel backwards and forwards in time on Earth? If they have the technology for time traveling wouldn't they be out exploring the Universe? Then again, it's possible these time travelers are exploring the Universe and Earth just happens to be one stop along the way. :D

RaceBookJoe
10-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Would an earthling who is a time traveler be considered an alien?

Why is it that time travelers always travel backwards and forwards in time on Earth? If they have the technology for time traveling wouldn't they be out exploring the Universe? Then again, it's possible these time travelers are exploring the Universe and Earth just happens to be one stop along the way. :D

So they can bo gack in time with Ken Rudolph and place a bet on Giacomo...you know Ken picked him right :)

highnote
10-28-2010, 10:35 AM
So they can bo gack in time with Ken Rudolph and place a bet on Giacomo...you know Ken picked him right :)

Now you know the real cause of the late odds drops! Damn time travelers!!

PhantomOnTour
10-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Suffice it to say that we would ALL head straight to the track if able to travel back in time.....ofcourse we'd need a copy of the results charts ;)

SchagFactorToWin
10-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Why is it that time travelers always travel backwards and forwards in time on Earth? If they have the technology for time traveling wouldn't they be out exploring the Universe? :D
You must not be a geek sci-fi fan! Travel through the time dimension does not give one the ability to travel through the other dimensions (for example, see the George Pal film version of Wells' Time Machine). :)

Greyfox
10-28-2010, 12:43 PM
That was my Grand mother and I recall her phoning me in 1990 telling me that she had gone back to 1928 in a Tesla Time Machine with her cell phone. I pooh poohed it at the time, thinking that she was losing her mind. ;)

Greyfox
10-28-2010, 03:57 PM
That was my Grand mother and I recall her phoning me in 1990 telling me that she had gone back to 1928 in a Tesla Time Machine with her cell phone. I pooh poohed it at the time, thinking that she was losing her mind. ;)

Of course anything is possible.

ChjyCR8V2Bg

Steve 'StatMan'
10-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Could she hear him 'now'?

dav4463
10-29-2010, 02:16 AM
There is a theory that all time happens at once. A time traveller could be back in 1928 exploring the world while also at the same time talking to her/his friend on the phone in 2060 (the tower is there, it is just unseen in 1928!) ! It's possible that technology could advance that far I think. Who knows for sure?

Maybe the woman is from even further out such as the year 2208 and is using an old cell phone (from way back 200 years in 2008) and laughing and making fun of the crude technology of our era. She just overshot the year 2008 and ended up in 1928 instead!

johnhannibalsmith
10-29-2010, 02:43 PM
...laughing and making fun of the crude technology of our era...

She's gotta lotta nerve laughing while she's dressed like a hobo with clown shoes.

BlueShoe
10-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Just a couple of months ago I went back in time about 40 years, and still have not come back. How nice that this thread is about phones and such. My modern touch tone home landline phone, complete with voicemail and a bunch of other junk, conked out and became useless. Instead of rushing out and spending a hundred bucks for a new one, remembered that sitting on a closet shelf under a pile of junk was a 1970 era old fashioned rotary style dial phone. Plugged it in and it worked fine, in fact, the voice quality was much better than the defunct cordless one ever was, so just kept it in use. Only problem is that so many business menus insist in punching in numbers, but oh well. Many of the young guys on this site have perhaps never even seen a rotary dial phone, let alone used one, but the use of them is instinctive to we old folks.

highnote
10-29-2010, 04:08 PM
I know what you mean. The quality is much better on those old AT&T phones touch tone and rotary dial phones. Plus, they were built like bricks. They were virtually indestructible.

Just a couple of months ago I went back in time about 40 years, and still have not come back. How nice that this thread is about phones and such. My modern touch tone home landline phone, complete with voicemail and a bunch of other junk, conked out and became useless. Instead of rushing out and spending a hundred bucks for a new one, remembered that sitting on a closet shelf under a pile of junk was a 1970 era old fashioned rotary style dial phone. Plugged it in and it worked fine, in fact, the voice quality was much better than the defunct cordless one ever was, so just kept it in use. Only problem is that so many business menus insist in punching in numbers, but oh well. Many of the young guys on this site have perhaps never even seen a rotary dial phone, let alone used one, but the use of them is instinctive to we old folks.

JustRalph
10-29-2010, 04:51 PM
I know what you mean. The quality is much better on those old AT&T phones touch tone and rotary dial phones. Plus, they were built like bricks. They were virtually indestructible.

In several control Tower's at major Airports you will still see rotary dial phones. The FAA refuses to pay to upgrade them.

Those phones were built like a brick. In my years I was glad to see them go away. One of the most lethal weapons I ever saw in a domestic fight was the ear piece on a rotary phone. Hard as hell and the edges would open up your scalp like a razor............and the way they fit in your hand made a perfect weapon.