PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute, I thought it was "Snakes on a Plane"

DJofSD
10-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Crocodile on plane kills 19 passengers

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/crocodile-on-plane-kills-19-passengers-14984847.html

JustRalph
10-26-2010, 01:04 AM
I read this story the other night. I sometimes can't believe the shit I read

Especially when it comes to aviation.

DJofSD
10-26-2010, 09:10 AM
The thing was smuggled onto the plane. I wonder how you sneak something like that onto a plane.

chickenhead
10-26-2010, 11:34 AM
different world in Africa, you gotta worry about things you might think you'd be solid on. Like motherf&(*g crocodiles on a plane.

Tom
10-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Crikey! :eek:

Greyfox
10-26-2010, 12:55 PM
The story also says:

Tim Atkinson, of the Air Accidents Investigations Branch of the Department for Transport, dealing with the accident from the UK, said: "If this were the cause of the accident it is truly extraordinary.

"I would say it's extremely unlikely this story holds water but I wouldn't rule it out completely."

I'm from Missouri on this one. It has the earmarks of "rural legend" stuff. ;)

chickenhead
10-26-2010, 01:09 PM
The story also says:

Tim Atkinson, of the Air Accidents Investigations Branch of the Department for Transport, dealing with the accident from the UK, said: "If this were the cause of the accident it is truly extraordinary.

"I would say it's extremely unlikely this story holds water but I wouldn't rule it out completely."

I'm from Missouri on this one. It has the earmarks of "rural legend" stuff. ;)

I dont know -- there was a live crocodile found in the wreckage. A friggin live crocodile running around a small plane would get me up, seat belt sign be damned. :lol:

I've always thought it was the job of men to have game plans for eventual scenarios, to get out of scrapes. Need to have a strategy in place ahead of time to protect you and yours.

Obviously a confined space is not optimal for hand to hand croc combat. Need room to circle and feint and make flying maneuvers. Still, someone should have manned up and attempted some sort of submission hold on him, or tried an atomic elbow drop on top of his head. If that didn't work, maybe use the weakest among them as bait. Croc can only eat one person at a time. He is weak and vulnerable when his mouth is full.

Moral is, if there is a croc on the plane, don't let your child or grandparent sit next to me. Cause I will potentially throw them into the crocs mouth, for the greater good.

cj's dad
10-26-2010, 01:13 PM
This whole story sounds like a crock to me.

DJofSD
10-26-2010, 01:21 PM
I messed with rattlesnakes, I'd take a chance with a small croc. Keep the jaws from opening then no problems.

OTM Al
10-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Sounds ridiculous but it could happen given they were approaching for a landing. The plane wasn't very big and the movement of that amount of weight would throw its center of gravity way off, which can cause disaterous results. Especially true if the plane was at one of its most vulnerable times, the landing approach when a lot of the air speed has been sloughed off.