PDA

View Full Version : Waiting For Your Spot ? Spot Plays ? Extreme

jamey1977
10-25-2010, 05:04 AM
I Always Hate Losing. Putting Down Endless Loser After Loser. So how many of you wait and wait for that overlay who is hot and what is your hit rate and win percentage.? This can be done. If we hate losing, don't frickin bet, that solves the problem. But how about studying why a horse loses and just pass the race ? . So in my conclusion beating this damn game comes on less plays and more winners. I remember reading about a pro who bets about 18 overlay plays a month on one circuit, He wins 40 percent at 12 dollars average, 200 dollars to win. Does anybody else do this ? So ,to me the secret was not on increasing plays it was on decreasing plays and betting on valued horses that are ready to win. Any thoughts ?

ManeMediaMogul
10-25-2010, 07:17 AM
That is pretty much what I do.

Some days I make no bets and some days maybe five or six. I bet one unit to win and two units to place on overlays on my own line.

I also bet Pick Fours and use the same idea - I have to have a reasonable expectation of winning on a ticket that makes sense monetarily or I pass.

Robert Fischer
10-25-2010, 11:05 AM
I Always Hate Losing. Putting Down Endless Loser After Loser. So how many of you wait and wait for that overlay who is hot and what is your hit rate and win percentage.? This can be done. If we hate losing, don't frickin bet, that solves the problem. But how about studying why a horse loses and just pass the race ? . So in my conclusion beating this damn game comes on less plays and more winners. I remember reading about a pro who bets about 18 overlay plays a month on one circuit, He wins 40 percent at 12 dollars average, 200 dollars to win. Does anybody else do this ? So ,to me the secret was not on increasing plays it was on decreasing plays and betting on valued horses that are ready to win. Any thoughts ?

can't errybody win

Turkoman
10-25-2010, 01:10 PM

Don't believe everything you read. A 40% hit rate at $12? That's a 140% profit right there, which is not realistic.

Turkoman

Robert Fischer
10-25-2010, 02:36 PM
never broke down concepts with you

n i don't know what your your competitively unique activities are

so i really can't judge u playboi...

but from what i see when u post, it's typically a run-on paragraph about x% this, @ yAvgReturn over the course of zplays... coupled with a dose of frustration (or high optimism).

the only good thing i can say, is that you have some energy, and while the numbers stuff isn't really working to your favor, at least you understand numbers and seem to like to use them.

i can tell you that naming statistics of your target rates is NOT in and of itself a competitively unique activity(or system of them).

before you even work on your CUAs --> you need to get yourself a basic understanding of how the parimutuel system(PS) works.
The PS is also not a group of targets numbers or percentages. So first learn how the PS actually works. YOu CAN'T SKIP THIS STEP!

Then once you really know how the PS works(feel free to PM me if you want to check your answer)
then you design your CUAs

once you have your CUAs --> then make an Activity Map organizing the CUAs as a chart. You should also make an order of Activities chart.
again pm me if you want help with this.

this is just a non-committal half-assed(by me) 5second search for "percent" and "average" for your username:

bet at final odds when the horses enter the gate. On paper, yeah, I get 48 percent winners at 7 dollars 60 cents average. But real time betting, with all the money moving around. And screwing up all of my research and formulations . My win rate is approx. 40 percent at around 7 dollars and 20 cents. And that's after a great day from about 9 lousy ones. This last minute crap ruins everything. I'll eat the losses. They are the idiots who are the fools. Keep plunging on those 3 to 1's. I hope you plungers lose and you can shove your computer programs too. I wanna take a hammer to your damn computers. Go To Hell. Plungers
I'm stuck here. 2004 - My Plant closed. I sold 2 movie scripts. 1 for 30 thousand, another for 25 thousand in 2005 and 2007 respectively. I have to profit at this damn racetrack venture. My savings isn't gone yet. But this game just stinks. These damn last minute changes are just a nightmare. Someone is screwing around. I bet at final odds when the horses enter the gate. On paper, yeah, I get 48 percent winners at 7 dollars 60 cents average. But real time betting, with all the money moving around. And screwing up all of my research and formulations . My win rate is approx. 40 percent at around 7 dollars and 20 cents. And that's after a great day from about 9 lousy ones. This last minute crap ruins everything. I'll eat the losses. They are the idiots who are the fools. Keep plunging on those 3 to 1's. I hope you plungers lose and you can shove your computer programs too. I wanna take a hammer to your damn computers. Go To Hell. Plungers

Going against the crowd. What do you mean? Betting overlays that go from 3 to 1 official morning line to 7 to 1 off ? . Or doing entirely different things? All I know is this can be effective. But losing streaks are just awful? Can lose 17 in a row, betting these overlays. But which books tell us how to bet smart overlays. ? No one has ever said how they do what they do and provide examples and data. No one says nothing. Joe Takach would pick his spots and get half winners at about 6 to 8 dollars. He would bet 200 dollars to a thousand to Win sometimes. Does he still do this? Wouldn't it be easier waiting for our spots and winning half ? We just have to be patient and bet those live second picks that always come up. every day. Can't we win half. Say play 3 tracks a day. 80 plays for the 3 tracks a month and win about half at 6 dollars. Why can't we do what Joe did for 30 years. He would just use the Southern Cal. circuit, now we could use multi-circuits. Heck with a 7 dollar average or even a 6 dollar average. We would just need 40 percent winners to profit. It seems that everyone is doing different things. One guy makes a living betting odds-on horses. Damn hard but it works for him. These circuits are hard and the damn crowd is smart. They do screw up, they screw up all the time. Any good books that talk about overlays and shows us how, with examples and samples ? It seems that no one wants to actually show us how they do it. They just beat around the bush. Hiding what they think is some sort of a secret.

It is so hard to get just one damn horse across the line. I actually do want to start betting Win And Place now. I can't take the losing streaks. Yes, I get 35 percent at 7 dollars. But long term. There are dry spells. Can lose 7 in a row. Can win 2 for 13. We all wait for that great period where something happens. I guess we get a great crop of horses and the track is just right and we win 14 out of 26 plays at 7 dollars. This great period takes us to 35 percent at 7 dollars average. Betting is never easy. Getting the winner is one of the hardest things of all. We can't even follow the so-called Public Handicappers, they screw up so much we are just better off going on our own. No one can win 90 percent. No one can even win 90 percent show bets. I am lucky that my selections can place 60 percent of the time. But, we all hang in there.

40 percent win, that's a great strike rate. Jim Quinn still says the best one can do is 35 percent wins at 7 dollars? I want to better, what he said . But hell ,I'm always around 35 percent wins at 7 dollars anyway. I have done everything. conserving plays, going on so-called expert handicapper comments, everything and still around 35 percent at 7.. What is your average payoff. ? 40 percent at 6 dollars , 40 percent at 8 dollars ? Or such ? . I hate losing and damn, the hit rate is extremely important. I have analyzed trifectas, exactas, the losing streaks are awful. One can go 8 racing days with barely getting some money back. Terrible. But in 8 racing days. We can get 21 official win plays off, and win around 8 at a 7 dollar average. And at 100 dollars to win. We can be up 700 dollars. With trifectas and exactas. it's so damn hard to get even one.

I do not want to work at Taco Bell and I do not want to live in a homeless shelter like my brother. I remember talking to a pro out here on The Southern Calif. circuit in 1995. He told me he bets the first 2 picks, real selective and he won half at 5 dollars and 60 cents. 600 dollars to win. Is this applicable? Is what he told me the truth ?. All of these overlay hounds. We are drowning in this overlay waiting ,while the favorites just win. Dick Mitchell says - The Favorite is still technically the best bet in the race. I am considering what the guy told me, the first 2 picks. I mean real selective. 50 plays a month - 25 wins- 5. 60 average. No one even goes to the track anymore. I presume the guy is still alive. It's been 15 years. I always say. The point is to win. Why should we wait 2 months for a frickin longshot when the Top 2 are winning half of the races anyway.? The only deal I am doing now is Jim Quinn's 33 percent winners at 7 dollars. All. else is voided. All I want to know is , is this viable.? Could we really approach half winners at 5.60. or even 6 dollars, over a long, long period on The South. Calif. circuit ? . Like many of these guys are claiming? Is it viable.? On The Southern Calif. circuit. There are some damn good players. My conclusion is their money is on The Top 2 picks . I have different posts. Different strategies. Because I want to succeed. I don't want to work at Taco Bell. I tried this longshot crap and lost 24 in a row. It's out. I think this guy was telling me the truth. Lived in Newport Beach, he didn't have a job. Just Horse Betting.

ETC... *10

Robert Fischer
10-25-2010, 03:21 PM
the way to hit = get a good ball to hit

horseplaying is the same way, except, provided we don't pay bills with our horseplaying revenue, - there is no such thing as a "called strike" in horseplaying.

Jeff P
10-25-2010, 03:26 PM
the way to hit = get a good ball to hit

horseplaying is the same way, except, provided we don't pay bills with our horseplaying revenue, - there is no such thing as a "called strike" in horseplaying.

I LIKE the bolded part. :ThmbUp:

-jp

Robert Fischer
10-25-2010, 03:55 PM
I LIKE the bolded part. :ThmbUp:

-jp

thanks

and sorry about the repost - computer is going haywire

Ruth was a special athlete, and Bonds will be known for his excessive abuse of steroids and hormones, but Ted Williams aside from being fairly tall wasn't particularly a physical specimen. All 3 ended up using the same Strategy.

It must have been difficult for those guys who had the ability to smack a fastball 450 feet whenever they happened to connect with the sweet spot. Imagine the good feeling and the "rush" it must have given them...
Something like Thirty Thousand people cheering your four-figure trifecta home in the stretch and your horse "gets up" for you to hit it!:D
Great Great High!
And yet somehow, even with all that temptation, these guys only swung when it was a good ball!

Bonds was the personification of the garbage that STUNK UP the great game of baseball, but in my opinion his greatest record was in 2004, with his TWO HUNDRED THIRTY-TWO WALKS!!!:eek::eek: (and he still SMACKED 45Homers and 27Doubles).

all 3 of those knuckleheadz also had a drive to be the best, which led to RUTH daring to be a different dominant swing-hitter, Williams dared to be hitting genius, and Bonds risked his life to get an edge and somewhere learned and picked up nearly "efficient" strategy/tactics

jamey1977
10-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Don't believe everything you read. A 40% hit rate at $12? That's a 140% profit right there, which is not realistic.

Turkoman The people that are beating this game. My conclusion is they are doing something like this. Imagine waiting for 9 hot -win-ready overlays. 4 of them win. Even a 11 dollar average. At 200 dollars to win. That's 2500 dollers profit right there., for the month The ones that are profiting are doing something exactly like this. I don't know if he is at 40 percent winners. But even at 30 percent winners on 18 plays- 12 dollar average. That's still 2400 profit on the one circuit. Many play different circuits. Success would be in this exact manner. Just think about the Richard's Kid overlay. That was a gift. Now what if a pro made 2 bets that week, Richard's Kid and another one. Richard's Kid wins 18.60. That's 1460 dollars profit for the week. Finding those gifts should be all of our goals.

jamey1977
10-25-2010, 11:59 PM
This damn game. I have gone around and around. My only conclusion is restricting plays and betting the overlays to win. there is no other way. Like I Said if I could find just 10 win plays a month. Just win half. At 7 dollars average .That's 15 dollars profit. Bet 300 dollars to win. 2200 dollars a month. More than a Taco Bell salary. But the thing is to find the situation. To know when to go and when not to go. Not many are profiting. All we are doing is breaking even. Doesn't this make us sick ?. We are suppose to make money. This game sucks. Even Andy Beyer takes a day job and Barry Meadow makes 3 to 6 percent.The ones that make a living are making 10 percent ? They aren't lying. 10 percent stinks and these guys are the best. Just awful. We know those hot horses. Those strong 5 to 2's when the favorite is 6 to 5. Win half of those 5 to 2's. The 5 to 2's are still overlay on personal lines. The game is heartbreaking just like Barry says. I still think everything in the game works against us. Reduce Plays, Bet Live Overlays. Even a 10 percent profit is better than none.

Turkoman
10-26-2010, 02:00 AM
The people that are beating this game. My conclusion is they are doing something like this. Imagine waiting for 9 hot -win-ready overlays. 4 of them win. Even a 11 dollar average. At 200 dollars to win. That's 2500 dollers profit right there., for the month The ones that are profiting are doing something exactly like this. I don't know if he is at 40 percent winners. But even at 30 percent winners on 18 plays- 12 dollar average. That's still 2400 profit on the one circuit. Many play different circuits. Success would be in this exact manner. Just think about the Richard's Kid overlay. That was a gift. Now what if a pro made 2 bets that week, Richard's Kid and another one. Richard's Kid wins 18.60. That's 1460 dollars profit for the week. Finding those gifts should be all of our goals.

You make it sound like it's really easy to maintain a 100% or higher profit margin on win bets. Making 15-25% is excellent, considering you must overcome a 17-18% takeout to start with.

Turkoman

JustRalph
10-26-2010, 02:44 AM
Jamey, you don't sound like you are having any fun anymore.........

just an observation.......... when was the last time you took a break?

Robert Fischer
10-26-2010, 03:13 AM
My only conclusion is restricting plays and betting the overlays to win.
GOOD.
ACTUALLY, VERY GOOD.
YOU ARE AHEAD OF MANY PLAYERS WITH THIS SMALL BIT OF DIRECTION AND DETERMINATION.
NOW YOU HAVE A VERY DIRECT PLAN IN FRONT OF YOU.
RESTRICTING PLAYS, OVERLAYS TO WIN.
1. RESTRICTING PLAYS = HOW MUCH OF AN OVERLAY DO YOU DEMAND? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO RESTRICT IT TO? THIS IS FOR YOU TO ANSWER. SEE IF YOU CAN ANSWER THE FOLLOWING BASIC-LEVEL QUESTION. - I WILL ONLY BET HORSES THAT I THINK HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN AT __?__ ODDS OR GREATER!

A) 3-1
B) 4-1
C) 5-1
D) 6-1
E) 7-1
QUOTE THIS AND WRITE IN YOUR ANSWER.

2. OVERLAYS TO WIN.
TO COUNTER THE LOSING STREAKS THAT ARE AN UNAVOIDABLE MATHEMATICAL CERTAINTY, YOU MUST START WITH A LOW BET-SIZE AMOUNT. MY STUDIES STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU START WITH BETWEEN $2-$10 PER WAGER. ONLY AFTER YOU BECOME A CONSISTENT WINNER IS IT WISE TO INCREASE. PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE. THERE IS NO RUSHING SUCCESS!!! TRUST ME ON THIS ONE! = IF YOU START HITTING THE RETURNS ON THIS WILL START PILING UP!!! - NO NEED TO GAMBLE AND INCREASE THE WAGER BEFORE YOU START GETTING HOT.

:jump::ThmbUp: SO THERE U GO "J". THE ABOVE OUTLINES YOUR METHOD IN DO-ABLE TECHNIQUE. ALL THAT'S LEFT IS YOU USING YOUR SKILL TO PICK THE OVERLAYS. DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?? THE WILD THING ABOUT THIS, IS YOU KNOW THAT THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. THIS IS YOUR METHOD, I JUST HELPED ORGANIZE IT. I DON'T MIND HELPING SOMEONE WHO IS NOT CURRENTLY A WHALE, IT ISN'T GOING TO TOTALLY DESTROY THE POOLS. GOOD LUCK, STICK WITH IT AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE WINNING AND IF YOU NEED HELP PICKING THE OVERLAYS.

Like I Said if I could find just 10 win plays a month. Just win half. At 7 dollars average .That's 15 dollars profit. Bet 300 dollars to win. 2200 dollars a month. More than a Taco Bell salary.
OH NO.
NOT GOOD.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PLAN?? YOU WERE READY TO START WINNING AND NOW THIS DISTRACTION.
LOOK, FIRST OF ALL YOU DON'T SHOOT FOR 5/2ODDS @ 50% WINNERS!!! THAT MEANS FOR EVERY $1.00BILL YOU PUT IN THE GAME YOU ARE EXPECTING $1.75BACK. THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD DON'T GET THAT MUCH "J"! STICK TO THE PLAN ABOVE RESTRICTING PLAYS, OVERLAYS TO WIN!:ThmbUp: THAT WAS A REALISTIC TRY, THIS SOUNDS LIKE A FANTASY:ThmbDown:.

Reduce Plays, Bet Live Overlays.
YES!

1.I WILL ONLY BET HORSES THAT I THINK HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN AT __?__ ODDS OR GREATER!

2. OVERLAYS TO WIN.
BETWEEN $2-$10 PER WAGER

THIS IS YOUR OWN PERSONALIZED STRATEGY JAMEY. YOUR OWN WORDS AND THE BASICS COMBINED FOR A REALISTIC STRATEGY. LIKE I SAID I DON'T MIND HELPING IF YOU ARE NOT A WHALE. AND BESIDES CHANCES ARE YOU CAN'T PICK OVERLAYS GOOD ENOUGH. IF YOU CAN, IT CALCULATES OUT THAT YOU BURN ME A FEW CENTS A RACE ON AVERAGE. I CAN LIVE WITH THAT. IT FEELS GOOD TO HELP ANOTHER HORSEPLAYER GO FROM LOSER TO WINNER. FOR A FEW CENTS A RACE I DON'T CARE. BETTER POOLS MEAN BETTER PRICES AND I CAN HOLD MY OWN. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH OVERLAYS OR DECIDE THAT YOUR PLAN DOESN'T WORK LIKE YOU THOUGHT POST IT UP. GOOD LUCK.

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2010, 03:31 AM
Jamey, you don't sound like you are having any fun anymore.........

just an observation.......... when was the last time you took a break?I personally think Jamey has been pulling our leg from the beginning. But that's just me. I could easily be wrong. But I gotta trust the gut.

JustRalph
10-26-2010, 04:18 AM
I personally think Jamey has been pulling our leg from the beginning. But that's just me. I could easily be wrong. But I gotta trust the gut.

I considered that a while back. But the narrative is becoming so long it's starting to become a stream of consciousness deal........if it is a sham, he damn sure is going the extra mile

Robert Fischer
10-26-2010, 05:51 AM
I considered that a while back. But the narrative is becoming so long it's starting to become a stream of consciousness deal........if it is a sham, he damn sure is going the extra mile

i figure if its a real member of PA, Jamey deserves the help. If it's an alias of a childish member of PA, then the people who are willing to be a brother to the PA members are being taken advantage of. Oh well... happens every day, nothing new.

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2010, 06:21 PM
I should have kept my big mouth shut...apologies to Jamey...doesn't really matter either way...

fmolf
10-26-2010, 07:29 PM
I should have kept my big mouth shut...apologies to Jamey...doesn't really matter either way...
If I think a horse has a 50% chance to win a race and i am getting 9/5 on him i'll make the bet.Thats the essence of handicapping and wagering, everyones opinion on a horses chances and whether it constitutes an overlay is different.

Trotman
10-26-2010, 08:10 PM
PA your right on the money, just stubbed my toe and found out my right leg is longer than the other and I've been following this thread.

Robert Fischer
10-26-2010, 09:09 PM
SO WHATS UP JAMEY??

OFFERING YOU A GOOD OPPORTUNITY AT SOME HONEST HELP.

TAKE ADVANTAGE.

GOOD.
ACTUALLY, VERY GOOD.
YOU ARE AHEAD OF MANY PLAYERS WITH THIS SMALL BIT OF DIRECTION AND DETERMINATION.
NOW YOU HAVE A VERY DIRECT PLAN IN FRONT OF YOU.
RESTRICTING PLAYS, OVERLAYS TO WIN.
1. RESTRICTING PLAYS = HOW MUCH OF AN OVERLAY DO YOU DEMAND? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO RESTRICT IT TO? THIS IS FOR YOU TO ANSWER. SEE IF YOU CAN ANSWER THE FOLLOWING BASIC-LEVEL QUESTION. - I WILL ONLY BET HORSES THAT I THINK HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN AT __?__ ODDS OR GREATER!

A) 3-1
B) 4-1
C) 5-1
D) 6-1
E) 7-1
QUOTE THIS AND WRITE IN YOUR ANSWER.

2. OVERLAYS TO WIN.
TO COUNTER THE LOSING STREAKS THAT ARE AN UNAVOIDABLE MATHEMATICAL CERTAINTY, YOU MUST START WITH A LOW BET-SIZE AMOUNT. MY STUDIES STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU START WITH BETWEEN $2-$10 PER WAGER. ONLY AFTER YOU BECOME A CONSISTENT WINNER IS IT WISE TO INCREASE. PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE. THERE IS NO RUSHING SUCCESS!!! TRUST ME ON THIS ONE! = IF YOU START HITTING THE RETURNS ON THIS WILL START PILING UP!!! - NO NEED TO GAMBLE AND INCREASE THE WAGER BEFORE YOU START GETTING HOT.

:jump::ThmbUp: SO THERE U GO "J". THE ABOVE OUTLINES YOUR METHOD IN DO-ABLE TECHNIQUE. ALL THAT'S LEFT IS YOU USING YOUR SKILL TO PICK THE OVERLAYS. DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?? THE WILD THING ABOUT THIS, IS YOU KNOW THAT THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. THIS IS YOUR METHOD, I JUST HELPED ORGANIZE IT. I DON'T MIND HELPING SOMEONE WHO IS NOT CURRENTLY A WHALE, IT ISN'T GOING TO TOTALLY DESTROY THE POOLS. GOOD LUCK, STICK WITH IT AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE WINNING AND IF YOU NEED HELP PICKING THE OVERLAYS.

OH NO.
NOT GOOD.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PLAN?? YOU WERE READY TO START WINNING AND NOW THIS DISTRACTION.
LOOK, FIRST OF ALL YOU DON'T SHOOT FOR 5/2ODDS @ 50% WINNERS!!! THAT MEANS FOR EVERY $1.00BILL YOU PUT IN THE GAME YOU ARE EXPECTING $1.75BACK. THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD DON'T GET THAT MUCH "J"! STICK TO THE PLAN ABOVE RESTRICTING PLAYS, OVERLAYS TO WIN!:ThmbUp: THAT WAS A REALISTIC TRY, THIS SOUNDS LIKE A FANTASY:ThmbDown:.

YES!

1.I WILL ONLY BET HORSES THAT I THINK HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN AT __?__ ODDS OR GREATER!

2. OVERLAYS TO WIN.
BETWEEN $2-$10 PER WAGER

THIS IS YOUR OWN PERSONALIZED STRATEGY JAMEY. YOUR OWN WORDS AND THE BASICS COMBINED FOR A REALISTIC STRATEGY. LIKE I SAID I DON'T MIND HELPING IF YOU ARE NOT A WHALE. AND BESIDES CHANCES ARE YOU CAN'T PICK OVERLAYS GOOD ENOUGH. IF YOU CAN, IT CALCULATES OUT THAT YOU BURN ME A FEW CENTS A RACE ON AVERAGE. I CAN LIVE WITH THAT. IT FEELS GOOD TO HELP ANOTHER HORSEPLAYER GO FROM LOSER TO WINNER. FOR A FEW CENTS A RACE I DON'T CARE. BETTER POOLS MEAN BETTER PRICES AND I CAN HOLD MY OWN. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH OVERLAYS OR DECIDE THAT YOUR PLAN DOESN'T WORK LIKE YOU THOUGHT POST IT UP. GOOD LUCK.

raybo
10-27-2010, 07:16 AM
I think the medical term is, ADHD. There are treatments for it, but, you have to have the DISCIPLINE to take the meds.

Oh, discipline, that's a very good word (especially in horse race wagering).

So, take your meds, find a solid strategy, use the strategy exclusively, don't wander when wagering,

If this doesn't work, figure out which portion(s) is/are the culprit(s) and fix the problem(s).

Discipline will be one of the "problems", you can take that to the bank!

PS, working at Taco Bell, part time, won't hurt your bottom line.

jamey1977
03-29-2011, 11:53 PM
SO WHATS UP JAMEY??

OFFERING YOU A GOOD OPPORTUNITY AT SOME HONEST HELP.

TAKE ADVANTAGE.
You guys are correct. In all of my attempts to beat this game. RESTRICTED PLAYS, OVERLAYS TO WIN, is the only way. All others fail. Now, the only thing that matters is the hit rate. Is it 30 percent? 40? How about 50?. The average winner of mine would most likely be 6 dollars and 40 cents. And yes out of all of my exploring of different concepts. This is the one. I'm sticking with this. I am working on spotting favorites that are not strong. Nothing is worse than betting on a horse and seeing the favorite wipe out the field.

Sunday Silence
03-30-2011, 12:20 AM
This damn game. I have gone around and around. My only conclusion is restricting plays and betting the overlays to win. there is no other way. Like I Said if I could find just 10 win plays a month. Just win half. At 7 dollars average .That's 15 dollars profit. Bet 300 dollars to win. 2200 dollars a month. More than a Taco Bell salary. But the thing is to find the situation. To know when to go and when not to go. Not many are profiting. All we are doing is breaking even. Doesn't this make us sick ?. We are suppose to make money. This game sucks. Even Andy Beyer takes a day job and Barry Meadow makes 3 to 6 percent.The ones that make a living are making 10 percent ? They aren't lying. 10 percent stinks and these guys are the best. Just awful. We know those hot horses. Those strong 5 to 2's when the favorite is 6 to 5. Win half of those 5 to 2's. The 5 to 2's are still overlay on personal lines. The game is heartbreaking just like Barry says. I still think everything in the game works against us. Reduce Plays, Bet Live Overlays. Even a 10 percent profit is better than none.

Thibe s has to schtick. I've never heard of somebody who quotes ever author in the business be so ignorant. I can tell you right now - you'll never win at this game. You'll chase the next new system for the rest of your playing days, instead of handicapping well and finding value.

windoor
03-30-2011, 09:05 AM

This is the "ONLY" way I have found to consistently beat this game.

All a matter of Patience and Discipline.

Even then, I suffer from some long losing streaks from time to time.

Regards,

Windoor

MaTH716
03-30-2011, 09:54 AM
I think the medical term is, ADHD. There are treatments for it, but, you have to have the DISCIPLINE to take the meds.

Oh, discipline, that's a very good word (especially in horse race wagering).

So, take your meds, find a solid strategy, use the strategy exclusively, don't wander when wagering,

If this doesn't work, figure out which portion(s) is/are the culprit(s) and fix the problem(s).

Discipline will be one of the "problems", you can take that to the bank!

PS, working at Taco Bell, part time, won't hurt your bottom line.

Personally I think that's the most important word if you expect to be successful at this game. It is so important to be able to sit out races/sequances because you don't think they will be profitable. Obviously for the minority, that's not a problem. But for the majority of players (who I'm guessing are the weekend warriors) it's very difficult. I fall into that weekend warrior category (it's probably even less than that), I always try to stay disciplined. But my real problem is that I don't get to play enough to keep that discipline. If you go to the track or OTB once or twice a month, can/do you want to sit there for hours at a time without any action? Deep down, I think I could, but since I don't have the chance to play as often as I like, I don't want to miss the opportunity to play when I do have the chance. So I end up playing certain races/sequances that I probably would sit out if I had a chance to play more often. If you play everyday I would think that it's much easier to pass on spots. Really, why invest in a crappy sequance when you will be back tomorrow and have the opportunity to find a more lucritive spot?

raybo
03-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Personally I think that's the most important word if you expect to be successful at this game. It is so important to be able to sit out races/sequances because you don't think they will be profitable. Obviously for the minority, that's not a problem. But for the majority of players (who I'm guessing are the weekend warriors) it's very difficult. I fall into that weekend warrior category (it's probably even less than that), I always try to stay disciplined. But my real problem is that I don't get to play enough to keep that discipline. If you go to the track or OTB once or twice a month, can/do you want to sit there for hours at a time without any action? Deep down, I think I could, but since I don't have the chance to play as often as I like, I don't want to miss the opportunity to play when I do have the chance. So I end up playing certain races/sequances that I probably would sit out if I had a chance to play more often. If you play everyday I would think that it's much easier to pass on spots. Really, why invest in a crappy sequance when you will be back tomorrow and have the opportunity to find a more lucritive spot?

I guess it depends on what you want from the game. If you want recreation, excitement, and distraction from the "hum-drum", then decide how much you can afford to lose and bet away.

However, if you consider it a job, for pay, then it's like any other job. Learn your skills, and play by the rules. One of the rules in wagering is discipline, another is patience, and another is consistency. If you are lacking in any of these 3 rules, your bottom line will let you know.

bob60566
03-30-2011, 06:49 PM
I guess it depends on what you want from the game. If you want recreation, excitement, and distraction from the "hum-drum", then decide how much you can afford to lose and bet away.

However, if you consider it a job, for pay, then it's like any other job. Learn your skills, and play by the rules. One of the rules in wagering is discipline, another is patience, and another is consistency. If you are lacking in any of these 3 rules, your bottom line will let you know.

I got to post this today on another website.
The same on this post thanks to Raybo for the original post.
Patience
Discipline
Consistency.
Mac:)

Robert Fischer
03-30-2011, 09:10 PM
wow didn't remember writing that *pats-back*

Good stuff Raybo.
I like the=

"Patience
Discipline
Consistency"