PDA

View Full Version : Isabel....Atlantic coast

Suff
09-14-2003, 07:54 AM
Its a Catergory 5 hurricane headed towards the Eastern Coast of the USA.

Catergory 5 is the highest catergory...and predicts Catastropihic Damage to any island or Coast it hits.

Its no joke. Even a Catergory 4 will cause alot of destruction and death. And Coastal Flooding 100 miles in either direction from the tides.

Never to early... Stock up on food, water, batteries, candles. Gasoline, Propane heater or cooker. Have an emergency exit plan. If it gets 24-48 hours away all these things will be sparse and costly.

Native New Englander... Weathers in my Bones...This one smells like a doozy. If you live near the Eastern Seaboard, Preliminary Precautions shoud begin now for a storm of this potential.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WEATHER/09/13/hurricane.isabel2/index.html

Tom
09-14-2003, 06:19 PM
Baton down and take care, buddy.
I was in Boston in the 70's on December 22 and experienced a
noreaster first hand. Yikes! I could not believe how fast and how much snow falls there. I imagine a hurrikane coming in would be devastating.

Bubbles
09-14-2003, 09:01 PM
I remember when Tropical Storm Floyd hit a few years ago. Not exactly Isabel, but it did cause flooding and a good amount of damage. There's a possibility of Isabel drifting away from the northeast, but being a cross between Bernhard Langer and a turtle in the speed department, it's too early to predict anything.

Tom
09-15-2003, 08:33 PM
...shows a dotted line right through my backyard Saturday!
Calling for 15-20" of rain.
Somebody email me a bullet!
:eek:

sq764
09-15-2003, 09:47 PM
Get this...

I work and live in Delaware, but may have to fly down to Maitland, Florida tomorrow night to one of our other sites.

Wonderful.. I either stay here and get bombarded or potentially fly through a hurricane..

PaceAdvantage
09-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Looks like NY and Boston may dodge a bullet here....current forecasts put us out of range of the major weather....

This hurricane is sure taking an odd path....expected to end up in Canada by Saturday while cutting through Western Pennsylvania....

Hope everyone in its path is able to get through this fairly intact....stay safe!