PDA

View Full Version : It's a felony in AZ for a horseplayer at home to bet on this.....

InsideThePylons-MW
10-24-2010, 05:45 PM
2nd race today at Turf Paradise

It's a QH Derby trial.

4 is 3/2 and basically has to not fall down to qualify for final.

4 breaks on top, nobody near him and after 100 yds rider decides to stand up, stop riding and just let him coast in as he is safely in the final which costs him the win, or any chance at it.

Equibase chart caller comment is "steadied midway" (by the rider when on the lead) and "not urged"

Just have to laugh that a AZ horseplayer betting online at home on the #4 in this race is guilty of a felony due to the actions of the people in charge of racing but those same people don't care about what happened to the bettors who bet on the #4 (at 20% takeout on win bets).

johnhannibalsmith
10-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Well, it did get much better looking in the very next race...

MNslappy
10-25-2010, 12:58 AM
I just went back and watched this race. Ahh....what??? I haven't watched 1000s of QH races in my time but I've seen quite a few, and I don't think I've ever seen a jockey ride like that. What in THEE hell was he doing?

Robert Fischer
10-25-2010, 02:04 PM
and the Arizona(and they are not the only ones) situation with Horseplayers, is very unfortunate. I believe that they are in fact really smart people and that the dissonance is not intentional(or if it is at this stage, it may not have been originally). IMO it's not a lack of intelligence, but a lack of insight.

Back on topic, the lack of insight is unfortunate because it cascades. Naturally it affects the logic involved. Because of real pressure to maintain an artificial structure like party-lines, the natural course of learning becomes destructive. As the representatives or think-tanks gain more insight, they have to artificially suppress this insight! :blush: This embarrassing kind of thing is often obvious to lucid thinkers, and can have a number of negative effects from moral objections, to confidence. Suppression is a perverted way of dealing with insight and technology. Ignorance really is bliss when you see the abuse and supression of insight and knowledge. Valor becomes bred-out of the pool, because valor is less profitable in the short term. Be a company man rather than taking a stand, better yet be a fan