View Full Version : Paulick site

takeout
10-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Just went to the Paulick Report and it came up as an attack site. :eek:

gm10
10-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Just went to the Paulick Report and it came up as an attack site. :eek:

here too
I think it has to do with his excessive use of Z's in his latest article's title

joanied
10-23-2010, 06:58 PM
I just went there...it's Ok for me:confused:

WinterTriangle
10-23-2010, 07:16 PM
A lot of people know about Paulick site, but from discussions I've read on other forums, so is NTRA.

Report is that D/L race page, with a very good sniffer, the rogue software "Security Tool" downloads itself onto your PC, with a registry entry too. I forgot the file name, but on Win7 it resides in your c:\users\(your user name)\App Data\Local folder. A few people have discussed it on different forums...may be coming from ads at those sites, as it turns out, you don't have to actually click on an ad to have malware/rogue software end up on your PC.

A friend locked down my computer with a program that sets everything back to without changes upon reboot. (We used to use it in college computer labs). As a result, I don't have to run any anti virus programs. Once the computer reboots, nothing 'stays' that I didn't put on here. :)

At any rate, I doubt either are big problems, but it does annoy those who like a very clean system. I very much dislike "deliveries" I didn't order.

toussaud
10-23-2010, 07:21 PM
someone is going around to all the racing sites, or that works for both or something that has a malware infested pc. has noting to do with the banner ads or the down-loadable software. there are certain lines of code that are red flags to the browsers, and a red flag lit up at some point on both sites.

the web browsers pick that up and it won't update until the site is reindexed. i would be suprised if both actually have malware on their site as of now. that error is going to show up until the site is rechecked.

JustRalph
10-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Info from Google

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for paulickreport.com

What is the current listing status for paulickreport.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 364 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 18 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-10-23, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-10-23.
Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including personallybuild.co.cc/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including clickme116.ipq.co/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS29748 (CARPATHIA).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, paulickreport.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Pell Mell
10-23-2010, 07:33 PM
That's the site where a few of us got infected back in August. I had to do a complete re-install. I won't go there again!:(

PaceAdvantage
10-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Info from Google

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for paulickreport.comThanks for that link JustRalph...

You can look up any site you'd like by just replacing the site address at the end:

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=paulickreport.com

WinterTriangle
10-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Depends on your definition of malware rogueware. users notice their system starts going slower depending on the number of tracking

Read this DRF page:
http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp

then go to this page to see what has probably been downloaded to track you and how to opt out (this page given out at DRF in their privacy statement)
http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp

Simply rrom visiting the DRF site, I have about 45 additional active cookies on my PC. :D In essence, I've been spammed with stuff I didn't ask for.

toussaud
10-23-2010, 07:50 PM
cookies are not the same as spam. cookies aren't anyting but a piece of javascript code that a site puts on your site, to remember your settings. harmless. in fact you want cookies. malware on the other hand, is software that is installed, that you did not request to be installed, hence the problem.

the malware they have now is just downright filthy in what it can do and how quickly it can spread

WinterTriangle
10-23-2010, 07:57 PM
cookies are not the same as spam.
.malware on the other hand, is software that is installed, that you did not request to be installed

Many IT people would disagree with you.

When I visit DRF.com, I expect to have a cookie from them.

I do not expect to have 45 additional active cookies installed by them. I consider these something I did not request to be installed on my PC.

BTW, the NTRA.com report came back:

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 167 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 5 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-10-22, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-10-16.