PDA

View Full Version : Solar Roads

hcap
10-23-2010, 05:23 AM
Watch this...

http://solarroadways.com/intro.shtml

bigmack
10-23-2010, 06:13 AM
The braindead Feds have handed over 'A Bil' to Boeing for 50 miles of a 'virtual fence' on the border that doesn't work. Smooth.

This looks like any other classified ad in the back of Mother Earth News that people of little scrutiny glom on to and say - If only the little guy had a chance to run things or Corporate America is evil, & evil would never do good.

What do you think this would cost per mile? :lol: :lol:

hcap loves them ideas that have no budge. t.

Tom
10-23-2010, 10:36 AM
When no one has a job and non one has any money and no one has a car......those solar roads will come in might handy.:lol::lol::lol:

.....A Sunday drive with a weather forecast of "partly cloudy."

johnhannibalsmith
10-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey, hey, hey... don't shoot the messenger just because well... it is expected...

This looks like a pie in the sky fantasy at this point for the reason Mack alluded to - this thing will need to be tangled up with government to get off the ground and that probably is all she wrote...

...but hey, this is pretty innovative shit I guess - a bita the old apple pie entrepreneurism that can't be all bad. It probably won't be anything that will render current roadways useless anytime soon, but I could see a future that incorporates ideas like this. I'd rather listen to this tree-hugging do'er than the usual blowhard do-nuthuns.

Tom
10-23-2010, 01:45 PM
When the pioneers were hungry, they went and shot rabbits.
They planted corn, for the next years, but they took care to supper first.
Solar roads might be in the future, but it will be the private sector that brings them home, not some moronic government. We will have solar roads if we need solar roads, not because we need green jobs.

mostpost
10-23-2010, 05:44 PM
The braindead Feds have handed over 'A Bil' to Boeing for 50 miles of a 'virtual fence' on the border that doesn't work. Smooth.

This looks like any other classified ad in the back of Mother Earth News that people of little scrutiny glom on to and say - If only the little guy had a chance to run things or Corporate America is evil, & evil would never do good.

What do you think this would cost per mile? :lol: :lol:

hcap loves them ideas that have no budge. t.
Asphalt roads have a cost per mile and they don't produce energy. This road would. You could sell the energy to electric companies for less than they pay now then tax them when they sell to their customers and pay for the road and still have higher profits for the electric companies and lower prices for consumers. To say nothing of the environmental advantages of not burning coal.
Of course this all depends on if this works as anticipated. But it would be foolish not to look into it.

JustRalph
10-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Brilliant Idea....... I have seen it before. It's making the rounds via the TED app on Ipad right now.

It would be even more brilliant if the cost to replace the infrastructure wasn't so high........if it was 1955...... it would be perfect timing

Tom
10-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Wait a minute, we could turn our old people into food and eat them. Free energy from old people......is that a "green" idea?

woodtoo
10-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Soylant Green?

RaceBookJoe
10-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Wait a minute, we could turn our old people into food and eat them. Free energy from old people......is that a "green" idea?

Plus I hear they taste like chicken. If only we could get Girl Scout Cookies actually made with real girl scouts :)

TrifectaMike
10-23-2010, 07:10 PM
As a member of the scientific community in good standing, I propose the following:

1. All domestic animals are to be equipped with a balloon attached to their rectum to capture methane gas.

2. In fairness to the animals, do the same for all the bean eating liberals.

3. Equip fitness center apparatus with generators to produce electricity and store in batteries or have it flow back to grid.

4. Have all bathrooms equipped with cam and shaft driving a generator, so that we can convert the masturbation motion to electricity.

5. Have all liberals carry breathing bags to capture CO2 and funnel it to the center of earth.

Mike

boxcar
10-23-2010, 07:18 PM
2. In fairness to the animals, do the same for all the bean eating liberals.

Just all liberals would do; for all are always full of hot air naturally.

Boxcar

Tom
10-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Plus I hear they taste like chicken. If only we could get Girl Scout Cookies actually made with real girl scouts :)

Or Brownies!

RaceBookJoe
10-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Or Brownies!

Eating Brownies was the reason i got kicked out of Cub Scouts :jump:

cj's dad
10-25-2010, 02:02 PM
There are between 45 to 50 thousand miles of Highway (as defined by the USTA) in the USA which certainly does not take into account many other very usable roads.

Lets start right away; the project may be done by 3026 !

More big government boondoggle !!

Tom
10-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Didn't John Denver pioneer these roads in his hit Take Me Home, Solar Roads?

JustRalph
10-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Didn't John Denver pioneer these roads in his hit Take Me Home, Solar Roads?

Yes!! It was right after he recorded

"Leaving on an environmentally friendly Jet Plane"

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Actually, it's a pretty nifty idea. Especially the heated roads part...

Practicality might be an entirely different matter...

cj's dad
10-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Actually, it's a pretty nifty idea. Especially the heated roads part...

Practicality might be an entirely different matter...

It's beyond ridiculous. I showed this to a civil engr. here and he couldn't stop laughing. Have you any idea of the cost and disruption to traffic patterns this would be ?

A typical mile of concrete paved highway runs in the hundred of thousands of dollars; what do you think the cost of these "heated" highways would be without factoring in the LED's used as lane dividers?

LED's embedded in the road; They"ll last long :lol:

HUSKER55
10-26-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm not getting that warm fuzzy feeling on this topic.

Are you guys really sure this has no merit?

cj's dad
10-26-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm not getting that warm fuzzy feeling on this topic.

Are you guys really sure this has no merit?

You think the National debt is over te top now ?? Cut the gov. loose on this baby !

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2010, 10:01 PM
It's beyond ridiculous. I showed this to a civil engr. here and he couldn't stop laughing. Have you any idea of the cost and disruption to traffic patterns this would be ?

A typical mile of concrete paved highway runs in the hundred of thousands of dollars; what do you think the cost of these "heated" highways would be without factoring in the LED's used as lane dividers?

LED's embedded in the road; They"ll last long :lol:I said it was a nifty idea. Then I said practicality might be another matter. Looks like you and I agree, no?

cj's dad
10-27-2010, 08:16 AM
I said it was a nifty idea. Then I said practicality might be another matter. Looks like you and I agree, no?

Si' Capitan !