PDA

View Full Version : How come no one talks about Lookin At Lucky?

Zippy Chippy
10-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Personally, Lookin At Lucky is definitely #1 on my list for best horses this year, yet no one ever talks about him on this forum. Obviously w/ Zenyatta-mania some of the other horses get lost. I did a little research. I went all the way back to page 9 on this forum. Here are the threads about other horses, before you could find a thread on Looking @ Lucky

21 threads on Zenyatta
3 posts on Quality Road
3 posts on Al Khali
2 posts on Sidneys Candy
1 thread on the following
Life at Ten, Rinterval, MTB, Gio Ponti, Rachel, Switch, Haynesfield, Blame

Then you find a post talking about Looking at Lucky eyeing Indiana Derby, then after that you have to go back several pages to find another mention.

Can't picture any other year where possibly the horse of the year and a horse that has looked so impressive has hardly been mentioned.

andymays
10-21-2010, 09:28 PM
I didn't think he had a shot a few months ago but I can see him running well.

He will be a decent price as well.

Bullet Plane
10-21-2010, 09:32 PM
May have not had a thread, but he has been mentioned as a horse of the year in many, many posts lately. He is on the short list: Z, QR, Blame, and Lookin at Lucky.

Turkoman
10-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Personally, Lookin At Lucky is definitely #1 on my list for best horses this year, yet no one ever talks about him on this forum. Obviously w/ Zenyatta-mania some of the other horses get lost. I did a little research. I went all the way back to page 9 on this forum. Here are the threads about other horses, before you could find a thread on Looking @ Lucky

21 threads on Zenyatta
3 posts on Quality Road
3 posts on Al Khali
2 posts on Sidneys Candy
1 thread on the following
Life at Ten, Rinterval, MTB, Gio Ponti, Rachel, Switch, Haynesfield, Blame

Then you find a post talking about Looking at Lucky eyeing Indiana Derby, then after that you have to go back several pages to find another mention.

Can't picture any other year where possibly the horse of the year and a horse that has looked so impressive has hardly been mentioned.

I personally feel Lookin At Lucky is a very tough three year old, and a legitimate contender in the BCC.

Tom
10-21-2010, 09:48 PM
I just posted last night he was my choice for HOY is he wins the Classic.
I think he has been the horse "of the year" so far.
I am not at all impressed or awed by Blame of Quality Road. I may be wrong, but I don't think either one is all that great.

Robert Fischer
10-21-2010, 10:18 PM
a lot of people just like to BS in a lighthearted way about the popular and controversial.

he was much the best in the Derby, Baffert would have probably been
"pressured" into letting LaL go ahead exert to win the Triple Crown had LaL not been "sonned" by the circumstances in the derby. However a triple crown in this weak crop, while still "very cool", may have taken away from "progress and freshness".
Was also a not completely obvious muchthabest in the Santa Anita Derby and his Haskell was better than some thought.
One of several legit probables

Zippy Chippy
10-21-2010, 10:50 PM
I am not at all impressed or awed by Blame of Quality Road. I may be wrong, but I don't think either one is all that great.

couldn't agree more

NJ Stinks
10-22-2010, 01:54 AM
For what it is worth, William Hill currently offering these Future Bet prices on the top BC contenders:

Zenyatta 7-2
Lookin At Lucky 4-1
Blame 6-1
Haynesfield 8-1
Quality Road 8-1

Lookin At Lucky is getting plenty of attention in the UK.

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/1389367/ap/Breeders-Cup-Classic.html

WinterTriangle
10-22-2010, 03:02 AM
MANY other horses in the BCC race highly worth mentioning that nobody is mentioning, IMHO.

Haynesfield at 8-1? I'd put him at at least 20-1 to win. At least.

gm10
10-22-2010, 04:48 AM
I like Lucky but have some question marks wrt the 10F.
Blame, always respected him, but never thought he was HOY material. His win over Quality Road was impressive, but I don't think he would have done the same on equal weight terms (which is what he faces on BC day).

I reckon it's between Lucky who has only gotten stronger and Zenyatta who will probably run a season best over the 10F. Given Lucky's slow finish in the Preakness (9.5F), I'd side with Zenyatta at this point.

depalma113
10-22-2010, 07:59 AM
The best horse this year was retired before the Derby because his owner was bankrupt. It's a shame he didn't get to show what he was really capable of.

Grits
10-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Zippy, your research says more about the Zealots than anything else. I did this a few days ago, and stopped at 15 threads, thinking, "screw it."

joanied
10-22-2010, 11:20 AM
I've been on Lookin at Lucky since his second start as a 2 yr old...he was my Derby horse...I love this colt and beleive he's been getting better...jeeze, he won the Haskell with ease and was in the beginning stages of being sick...he has 'true grit', IMO and a ton of talent...I hope they bring him back next year...if not for Zenyatta, he'd be my BC pick, and if she should fail in her quest for the perfect record, I hope it's Lucky that beats her...IMO, he's a top contender for HoY...