PDA

View Full Version : mountaineer handle

lamboguy
10-19-2010, 08:51 PM
mountaineer does approximately $140k in combined handle on a 10 horse field. most of the money bet comes from away from the venue. mountaineer retains 3% of its handle, they pay about $8000 in purses plus they have to pay all the help and insurances and taxes to run the place. i know the slots go towards the purses, but this is a bigtime loser. the same has to be said about sulfolk downs who not only has to pay the same expensed as the mountain, but they pay rent as well. i can promise that this will not go on forever. i looked at mountaineer gaming stock and that looks pretty bad as well.

rrpic6
10-19-2010, 09:04 PM
The Mountain was doing almost a million a night just a few years back. The new owners are putrid. The track itself is a ghost town. I was there about two weeks ago and there were no more than 40 people trackside. The Clubhouse was closed, the poker room removed, leaving a huge empty space with chairs piled in a corner.

I now heard that the 2nd level has been cleared out of all slots and SAM's. With Winter approaching, they want to shut down the whole facility. I wonder if they'll even heat the joint. I did hear a rumor that Ted Arnauet is trying to regain his CEO title and ownership. If he does there might be some hope left.

RR

ukbro00
10-19-2010, 09:53 PM
The Mountain was doing almost a million a night just a few years back. The new owners are putrid. The track itself is a ghost town. I was there about two weeks ago and there were no more than 40 people trackside. The Clubhouse was closed, the poker room removed, leaving a huge empty space with chairs piled in a corner.

I now heard that the 2nd level has been cleared out of all slots and SAM's. With Winter approaching, they want to shut down the whole facility. I wonder if they'll even heat the joint. I did hear a rumor that Ted Arnauet is trying to regain his CEO title and ownership. If he does there might be some hope left.

RR

They still do over a million a night.