PDA

View Full Version : Horse Racing Dreams

jballscalls
10-19-2010, 10:17 AM
I hardly ever have horse racing dreams, but had one about Zenyatta last night. I was down on the apron and telling my friend about how she was 19 for 19 and needed one more win. But here is where the dream went awry. First of all, she had red and white silks on. 2nd of all, Garrett Gomez was riding her. 3rd and most importantly, she went right to the front and was rating on the lead, and when they turned for home, the field came right to her, and then she bucked and threw Gomez off!! everyone started leaving before the horses even hit the wire cause Z was out. i then saw Mr. and Mrs. Moss at the La Quinta inn where i was staying and gave them my condolences.

The only other horse racing dreams ive had have been announcing at random tracks, where i'm announcing from inside the turf club, the horses go into the gate and i dont have a program and dont know the names of the horses and everyone turns around and starts yelling at me.

Anyone else ever have horse racing dreams?

andymays
10-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Years ago I had one about being the rider for a horse called Super Moment (I think that was the name). He ran great with me as the rider even though I was 130lbs over the 120lbs he was supposed to carry. We won both starts with me as the jockey. :ThmbUp:

So much for the weight thing. :D

Cardus
10-19-2010, 11:26 AM
I had a dream that she won by more than a length.

Nets
10-19-2010, 11:44 AM
I had a dream that I turned on my computer and went to the PA site and there was nothing but interesting posts about handicapping and upcoming races, with no name calling or insults. AND not a mention of Rachel or Zenyatta to be found. Ah......such a dream!

wisconsin
10-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Was not going to bring this up, but since someone else did........

I dreamt the other night that she was the :4: . Watched the entire stretch drive from the apron. She passed the favorite at the 1/8th poles (don't know who it was), was passed by the :1: in deep stretch, re-rallied to be up in time over the :1: and a very fast closing :9: on the rail in a long, long, I mean endless photo. In my dream, I am quoted as saying "I don't believe what I just saw". That in itself was goofy, because on Sunday I heard Jack Buck's call of Kirk Gibsons miracle home run (same quote).

Stillriledup
10-19-2010, 05:59 PM
I think i've had some racing dreams but i'd rather have dreams about hot chicks. :jump:

Valuist
10-19-2010, 08:20 PM
I can only remember one and it was years ago when the track was relatively new to me. I had a dream that I bet an old Illinois bred named Demetri's Boy to win in a stakes and he won. Sure enough, the old gelding was entered in a stake at old Sportsmans about 10 days later and wired the field.

proximity
10-19-2010, 08:38 PM
The only other horse racing dreams ive had have been announcing at random tracks, where i'm announcing from inside the turf club, the horses go into the gate and i dont have a program and dont know the names of the horses and everyone turns around and starts yelling at me.

not racing related, but both me and my sister frequently have dreams similar to this where we're at college, haven't gone to a class all semester, don't know when/where the final exam is......

JustRalph
10-19-2010, 10:15 PM
I had a dream that she won by more than a length.

Mine was even more outlandish

she won by 1.5 lengths and it happen in New York!!

GatetoWire
10-19-2010, 10:22 PM
I had a dream the other night that Zenyatta actually travelled outside of California, got off the plastic track and faced real competition.

Instead of trying to win the Vanity and the Hirsch and the Lady's Secret again for the 3rd time at 1-5 against fillies and mares who were 10 lengths inferior she actually put in a worthy HOY type campaign.

I awoke shortly after and realized that it had to be a dream because it's 2010 and there is no way that Sheriffs and the Moss' could ever let her face horses that might beat her......until the Breeders Cup......I can't wait to see that race.

After that day we can all throw our theories out the window and let the result stand for itself.

I just hope she wins because if she doesn't and all these Zenyatta lovers get their bubbles burst it may suck all of the oxygen right out. They may pass out from disbelief. :eek:

thaskalos
10-19-2010, 10:49 PM
There is a dream I see about once a month...usually right before I wake up in the morning.

I dream that I have received a tip from some "reliable" source on a longshot running at Arlington Park, which I then proceed to wager on with enthusiasm. Win, exacta, trifecta, superfecta...everything!

The horse wins every single time, and I cash all my bets...totaling thousands of dollars in winnings.

I go home, empty my pockets on my bedroom nightstand and go to sleep.

This dream is so vivid in my mind that when I wake up in the morning, I always look at the nightstand to make sure that it was only a dream.

It's a terrible thing to be tormented even in your sleep...

Robert Fischer
10-19-2010, 10:50 PM
sometimes i dream im watching videos or breaking down charts :confused:

WinterTriangle
10-19-2010, 10:57 PM
I used to have HR dreams all the time.

They never presented themselves in anything but numbers though. The dreams never had horse's names.

Right before consciousness, they'd be very clear, but as soon as I was fully awake, I couldn't remember them. It was sort of annoying anyway, dreaming numbers, so I never paid attention to them.

Once though, on a lark, I had a particularly clear set of numbers, and they were still clear when I woke up. So, I wrote them down on paper, and even then, they just "looked right". All I knew was Woodbine, which I hardly ever play . So, I logged into my account, there were only 3 races left to go there, so I played three $1 superfecta boxes---------- and got a pretty decent signer. :D