PDA

View Full Version : My Wedding. Table numbers will be horse numbers. Need 1-11 photo pics.

Zippy Chippy
10-18-2010, 08:55 PM
So at my wedding (im planning early) I want my table numbers (guessing about 11 tables) Smallish wedding. I want the table numbers to be photos of great horses wearing that number. For example table 1A could be a photo of Secretariat Belmont. They'd see the 1A and know thats their table. If i have 13 tables i could have Rachel Alexandra at the Preakness. Im so excited about this idea.

Now i need ideas of great horse races along with the numbers ... ANd possible photos lol..

Im sure this wont take you geniuses long.

Cardus
10-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Put 20 people at one of your tables to replicate the starting gate of the Kentucky Derby, and two tables of 14 to replicate the second and third legs of the Triple Crown.

Zippy Chippy
10-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Put 20 people at one of your tables to replicate the starting gate of the Kentucky Derby, and two tables of 14 to replicate the second and third legs of the Triple Crown.

LOL good one.

Some of the horses id like to have as table numbers are

Secretariat (1a reserved)
Zippy Chippy
Zenyatta
Rachel Alexandra
Tiznow
Personal Ensign
Cigar
Smarty Jones

but open to any suggestions

Those are my favorite horses, but willing to do anything. Id like to have the table number and then a little blurb under each name as to what they accomplished.

Cardus
10-18-2010, 09:15 PM
LOL good one.

Zippy Chippy
Zenyatta
Rachel Alexandra
Tiznow
Personal Ensign
Cigar
Smarty Jones

Those are my favorite horses, but willing to do anything. Id like to have the table number and then a little blurb under each name as to what they accomplished.

Put the known Zenyatta fans at the Rachel Alexandra table and vice-versa.

You won't need music for entertainment.

Zippy Chippy
10-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Put the known Zenyatta fans at the Rachel Alexandra table and vice-versa.

You won't need music for entertainment.

Im not inviting CJ to the wedding :-)

Grits
10-18-2010, 09:18 PM
God, are you for real?

What are you gonna decide for your bride's walk down the aisle?

Stephen Foster's, "My Old Kentucky Home?" Or Dan Fogelberg's, "Run For The Roses?"

Zippy Chippy
10-18-2010, 09:25 PM
God, are you for real?

Stephen Foster's, "My Old Kentucky Home?" Or Dan Fogelberg's, "Run For The Roses?"

Cmon its just the table numbers. It'd be FUN

DJofSD
10-18-2010, 09:39 PM
God, are you for real?

Egads, women, what's wrong with letting the bride-groom have his little bit of fun?

BillW
10-18-2010, 09:41 PM
God, are you for real?

Call to post :p

Zippy Chippy
10-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Egads, women, what's wrong with letting the bride-groom have his little bit of fun?
Ya believe me its not going to be a horse themed wedding, just table numbers. I think itd be cool. We are having a very laid back wedding (obviously)

Bullet Plane
10-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Well, to round out the table:

Kelso
Forego
Man O War
War Admiral
Sea Bisquit
John Henry
Damascus
Seattle Slew
Affirmed
Omaha
Buckpasser
Pebbles
Cigar
Easy Goer
Sunday Silence
Citation

Grits
10-18-2010, 09:54 PM

You're right DJofSD, he gets his nice post numbers and photos on each table, she wears her 10K gown. Good trade off.:lol: Whata I know, I plan to never do it again.

Call To Post has a fine sound, Bill.

Use one of the others for the blessing or the benediction.

JustRalph
10-18-2010, 09:54 PM
God, are you for real?

now that is funny............. zippy.......a little advice.......... Women see this wedding stuff through a whole different set of blinkers, so to speak.

you have been warned.............

PaceAdvantage
10-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Leave out Easy Goer and replace him with Holy Bull. Trust me on that one... :lol:

Holy Bull wore #2 in the Travers and #5 in the Woodward....take your pick... ;)

Zippy Chippy
10-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Leave out Easy Goer and replace him with Holy Bull. Trust me on that one... :lol:

Holy Bull wore #2 in the Travers and #5 in the Woodward....take your pick... ;)

Sounds good. Consider it done

PaceAdvantage
10-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Sounds good. Consider it doneAwesome...gotta stick up for my boy!

Zippy Chippy
10-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Ladies, and Gentlemen we have a special guest at the head table :lol:

Ocala Mike
10-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Secretariat wore no. 2 in the Belmont.

Ocala Mike

Zippy Chippy
10-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Secretariat wore no. 2 in the Belmont.

Ocala Mike

oops thinking derby

KingChas
10-19-2010, 12:37 AM
LOL good one.

Zippy Chippy
Zenyatta
Rachel Alexandra
Tiznow
Personal Ensign
Cigar
Smarty Jones

How about a Lawyer Ron table?
Never know........... :eek:
Just joking...Best of luck with the wedding.... :ThmbUp:

chickenhead
10-19-2010, 01:56 AM
make all the bridesmaids walk around in an enclosure while everyone watches them. Then call Riders Up! and the groomsmen can walk over and lead them up to the altar.

Dave Schwartz
10-19-2010, 02:16 AM
As the bride walks down the aisle, have the best man say, "Riders up!"
:lol:

When she joins the groom, I think, "The horses are at the post," would work nicely.

When the minister says, "Do you take this woman...," the best man responds, "The flag is up!"

As they kiss, "Annnnnddd there off!"

As they walk down the aisle, "Down the stretch they come..."

Let's hope there is no inquiry.

Dave
Who sometimes tickles himself
because he thinks he is sooo funny.

nijinski
10-19-2010, 02:31 AM
Ha ha , I'm glad I woke up and found my computer on .
Had to check the PA and this is funny.
I applaud you Zippy , you are a real fan!!!

A little advice.
Don't bring up Runaway Groom or you could end up the Blushing Groom .
and don't drink too much or you could stumble down the stretch.

Good luck and have a great wedding Party !

PS , You can send your guest fans an invitation with Black Tie Affair or Evening Attire photos.
nite all

depalma113
10-19-2010, 06:46 AM
You should include the best horse of the last 30 years.

1 Ghostzapper - Breeders Cup Classic
2 Ghostzapper - Met Mile
3 Ghostzapper - Vosburgh
4 Ghostzapper - Woodward
5 Ghostzapper - Islin

Take your pick

joanied
10-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Zippy Chippy...congradulations on your up coming marriage!

I don't know why anyone would knock your table plan...I think it's way cool...and no doubt, your future wife has no problems with it.
You've had some good suggestions, I can't think of any to add, except maybe that having little horseshoes in your table arrangments might be fun.

Just Ralph said something about women seeing this wedding stuff through a different set of blinkers...well, Zippy, not all women want huge fancy weddings...and the one you are having would be something I would really like...I am not a 'frilly' type of woman, and fact is, I never had a real wedding, justice of the peace marriage(s)...when I married my now husband of 25 years...we came back to the house and went irrigating:eek: ...

I hope it all goes off without a 'hitch' and you & your lady have a life together full of grade one wins...and I hope you will post some wedding photos here for everyone to see.

Happiness to you both :jump:

Bettowin
10-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Instead of having a sign on the back of the limo saying "Just Married" have one that says "Off To The Breeding Shed"

Shelby
10-19-2010, 11:03 AM
God, are you for real?

I think it's a great idea! Creative and different!

And, I think she's going with that Zenyatta song by Liza G. Fly ;)

cj's dad
10-19-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm sending you two photos to your e-mail address:

1) - Skip Away at Belmont JCGC day wearing #4

2) - Big Brown wearing #1 on Belmont Day

Oops -- No can do, your e-mail address is not listed. If you want these my e-mail is listed.

joanied
10-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Instead of having a sign on the back of the limo saying "Just Married" have one that says "Off To The Breeding Shed"

:lol: excellent... "off to the races" would also be good.

Ocala Mike
10-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Zippy, just praying that one or the other of you doesn't get cold feet. Wouldn't want anyone to use the line, "left at the post."

Ocala Mike

chickenhead
10-19-2010, 12:38 PM
horsey vows

If I ever seem hard on you, it's only to help build your strength.
Because I know how wonderful you are, and want everyone to see it.
I will feed you peppermints when you are down
I will take you for long walks, to help soothe you if you get worked up
I will get up before dawn, to give you your workout
I'll give you your head, and let you run your race
And I'll always bet on you, no matter the odds
Because I'll see to it, you'll always cross the wire first.

5k-claim
10-19-2010, 01:12 PM
horsey vows

If I ever seem hard on you, it's only to help build your strength.
Because I know how wonderful you are, and want everyone to see it.
I will feed you peppermints when you are down
I will take you for long walks, to help soothe you if you get worked up
I will get up before dawn, to give you your workout
I'll give you your head, and let you run your race
And I'll always bet on you, no matter the odds
Because I'll see to it, you'll always cross the wire first.

Beautiful work.

To put her in a happy mood, I would also add: "And every 5 weeks or so I will buy you a new pair of expensive shoes!.... named Queens Plate in your honor...."

I would probably not add: "And after you get a little older I will do everything in my power to find you a good home before moving on to a new, promising young filly..."

I actually think this is a good idea for the table numbers, Zippy--- doesn't seem like it would hurt anything letting you have a little of your personality reflected on the day. Good Luck!

Spendabuck85
10-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Have the ring bearer and flower girl dress as jockeys:)

Beachbabe
10-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Zippy Chippy...congradulations on your up coming marriage!

I don't know why anyone would knock your table plan...I think it's way cool...and no doubt, your future wife has no problems with it.
You've had some good suggestions, I can't think of any to add, except maybe that having little horseshoes in your table arrangments might be fun.

Just Ralph said something about women seeing this wedding stuff through a different set of blinkers...well, Zippy, not all women want huge fancy weddings...and the one you are having would be something I would really like...I am not a 'frilly' type of woman, and fact is, I never had a real wedding, justice of the peace marriage(s)...when I married my now husband of 25 years...we came back to the house and went irrigating:eek: ...

I hope it all goes off without a 'hitch' and you & your lady have a life together full of grade one wins...and I hope you will post some wedding photos here for everyone to see.

Happiness to you both :jump:

Hmmmm, never heard it called that before.

Nets
10-19-2010, 02:56 PM

Now THAT is funny:D

Pine Tree Lane
10-19-2010, 03:49 PM
So at my wedding (im planning early) I want my table numbers (guessing about 11 tables) Smallish wedding. I want the table numbers to be photos of great horses wearing that number. For example table 1A could be a photo of Secretariat Belmont. They'd see the 1A and know thats their table. If i have 13 tables i could have Rachel Alexandra at the Preakness. Im so excited about this idea.

Now i need ideas of great horse races along with the numbers ... ANd possible photos lol..

Im sure this wont take you geniuses long.

Why don't you make tent cards (Avery makes them and you can get at Staples) and download the photos and use word art for the text. I did that for a Kentucky Derby party and they looked terrific.

otis0930
10-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Found this for you on Equidailyhttp://www.equidaily.com/bestbet/extras/misc/images/z9.jpg

joanied
10-19-2010, 04:54 PM

:lol: didn't think anyone would put irrigating in that context :eek: ...very good, beachbabe!

Beachbabe
10-19-2010, 05:04 PM
:lol: didn't think anyone would put irrigating in that context :eek: ...very good, beachbabe!

Thanx, Joannie....just funnin' with ya !! ;)

Zydeco
10-19-2010, 05:31 PM
Beachbabe...lmao... :lol:
to add to what chickenhead said......You're my horse if you never win a race!

joanied
10-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Thanx, Joannie....just funnin' with ya !! ;)

I know...it was pretty funny...and I have a comeback, but would be banned from the board;)

WinterTriangle
10-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Im so excited about this idea.

I love your idea, also loved the support you got with other ideas, esp. Dave and Joanied's.

Ya believe me its not going to be a horse themed wedding

It's your wedding, so you and your lovely bride will do whatever you wish, as it should be. ;)

If I had a HR themed wedding, I would definitely show the now infamous race video, where MyWifeKnowsEverything beat TheWifeDoesn'tKnow by 2 lengths. It's bound to become a classic, along with the track announcer's absolutely brilliant call! I don't know of any woman who didn't love it. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4a-QNBt_aM&feature=related

I wish you both only good things and a fortuitous happy life together. Sounds like a wedding many of us would love to be at! And thank you for sharing all this with us.

You are too much, BB, one of best posts ever. :D

You could also have a a card for one of these:

Marry Me (NJ)(1998)
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorseInfo.cfm?refno=4507485&registry=T
Marry Me (KY) (1975)
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorseInfo.cfm?refno=620422&registry=T

GatetoWire
10-19-2010, 10:54 PM
When I got married I was allowed to name the tables and I chose to name them after my favorite racetracks.

I liked that a little better than naming them after horses.

You can sit your best friends at "Saratoga" and the in-laws can get stuck at Penn National!!!!!

JustRalph
10-19-2010, 10:56 PM

priceless :lol: That was good.............

Joanie, how come I wanna run out and watch Little House on the Prairie every time I read your posts ?

Zydeco
10-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Wild Horses couldn't drag me away

thespaah
10-19-2010, 11:30 PM
God, are you for real?

Stephen Foster's, "My Old Kentucky Home?" Or Dan Fogelberg's, "Run For The Roses?"How about
"I've got the horse right here"....What difference does it make?...It's THEIR wedding.
Let them have a little fun and maybe just maybe their marriage will last a lifetime.
And yes, God is "for real".

Pine Tree Lane
10-20-2010, 10:33 AM
My guests walked down the aisle at the church to the score from Phar Lap.

Zippy Chippy
10-20-2010, 10:36 AM
I love your idea, also loved the support you got with other ideas, esp. Dave and Joanied's.

It's your wedding, so you and your lovely bride will do whatever you wish, as it should be. ;)

If I had a HR themed wedding, I would definitely show the now infamous race video, where MyWifeKnowsEverything beat TheWifeDoesn'tKnow by 2 lengths. It's bound to become a classic, along with the track announcer's absolutely brilliant call! I don't know of any woman who didn't love it. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4a-QNBt_aM&feature=related

I wish you both only good things and a fortuitous happy life together. Sounds like a wedding many of us would love to be at! And thank you for sharing all this with us.

You are too much, BB, one of best posts ever. :D

You could also have a a card for one of these:

Marry Me (NJ)(1998)
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorseInfo.cfm?refno=4507485&registry=T
Marry Me (KY) (1975)
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorseInfo.cfm?refno=620422&registry=T

OMG WHAT A GREAT IDEA haha.. playing that video

Trotman
10-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Zippy if you wanted the ceremony to last forever you could see if Mike Batagglia is available :lol:

cj's dad
10-20-2010, 11:36 AM
at the JCGC

joanied
10-20-2010, 11:39 AM
priceless :lol: That was good.............

Joanie, how come I wanna run out and watch Little House on the Prairie every time I read your posts ?

:D ...rather it be Bonanza, justralph...that house on the Ponderosa was nice!!

Should seen me yesterday...our Bulls got out of the corral...took me a while to get them back, they didn't want to go the right way and by time I got them back to the corral, thought I was gonna die...if I had one of our guns with me:mad: ...Bull Burger:jump: :D

cj's dad
10-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Heres another for you ZC - Curlin - #4 - winning the Preakness

joanied
10-20-2010, 12:28 PM
My guests walked down the aisle at the church to the score from Phar Lap.

PTL...
I couldn't remember that score so I did a Google...you can't beleive all the great stuff I found on Phar Lap, including the score...fabulous music...your wedding must have been wonderful.

chickenhead
10-20-2010, 02:44 PM
I have a painting of one of these Ruffian pics in my office, I've always like it

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8601/ruffiancanteracornebay.jpg (http://img705.imageshack.us/i/ruffiancanteracornebay.jpg/)

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7227/ruffianccoaksparadeunsi.jpg (http://img440.imageshack.us/i/ruffianccoaksparadeunsi.jpg/)

Zippy Chippy
10-20-2010, 04:01 PM
I have a painting of one of these Ruffian pics in my office, I've always like it

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8601/ruffiancanteracornebay.jpg (http://img705.imageshack.us/i/ruffiancanteracornebay.jpg/)

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7227/ruffianccoaksparadeunsi.jpg (http://img440.imageshack.us/i/ruffianccoaksparadeunsi.jpg/)

Ya these are the types of pics id want.. awesome.

Grits
10-20-2010, 09:59 PM
And yes, God is "for real".

One never knows what one might be, or might have been experiencing--and this comes at a real bad time--from one I've asked to get off my case.

I promise you, I'm well aware that God is for real--given the number of times he's saved my critically ill son's life. And again, my 80 year old mother's life last Wednesday night after a post surgical anesthesia overload, combined with an hourly post op morphine infusion.

Familiar with the drug, Narcan? . . . . . . Probably NOT. Hope you never have to be.

I didn't ask this young man a thing about God being for real. Everyone here, obviously, knew this--but you.

JustRalph
10-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Familiar with the drug, Narcan? . . . . . . Probably NOT. Hope you never have to be.

Narcan..........a true lifesaver. Seen it used many times in my days

Good wishes out to your family Grits............ :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
10-20-2010, 10:50 PM
LOL good one.

Zippy Chippy
Zenyatta
Rachel Alexandra
Tiznow
Personal Ensign
Cigar
Smarty Jones

If i would have known Zippy Chippy was going to be put in the same sentence with Rachel, Z and other greats, i would have claimed him for 2,500 from Felix "3 for 300" Monseratte!

The Judge
10-21-2010, 12:51 AM
you are getting some pretty good horses and pictures right here. There is also a book that has some of the greatest horses to ever run with pictures and numbers. Some are in color here are a few of the horses, Personal Ensign #5, Ack Ack #6 , Gallant Fox #7, Seabiscuit #5, Damascus #5, Affirmed #2, Native Dancer #2, Kelso #3, Alysheba #3, just to name a few there are others with various #'s.

The book is "Top 100 Racehorses of the 20th Century." by The Staff Of Blood -Horse Publications. I got my copy from Amazon.

Shelby
10-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Don't forget to remind your new hubby that The Wife Knows Everything, more than The Wife Doesn't Know. ;)

Bettowin
10-21-2010, 10:48 AM
I am biased but I think this would make a great #4 and you have my permission to use it:)

http://picasaweb.google.com/tband81/2010AppleBlossomDayZENYATTA#5459980801777431522

WJ47
10-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Congrats on the upcoming wedding, Zippy! :) I hope that you and your bride have a wonderful and happy life together.