PDA

View Full Version : Electric Cars are Gay

bigmack
10-18-2010, 05:19 PM
So says Vince Vaughn in a recently pulled trailer for an upcoming film. Anderson Cooper was OUTRAGED by the line. Universal pulled the excerpt from the trailer.

V2 responds, “Comedy and joking about our differences breaks tension and brings us together.” The Gay community is unwilling to accept his apology and is demanding Universal pull the line from the film.

How is it we have to be so tolerant of so many things while others will simply not tolerate certain things? This smacks of that brouhaha with Hoopy & Depression or whatever those chicks names are that walked out on LeView.

Tolerate this.

johnhannibalsmith
10-18-2010, 05:23 PM
At least the Electric Car Community had the sense not to object or we really would have had a brou-ha-ha-ha-ha.

toetoe
10-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Anderson Cooper was OUTRAGED by the line.

Maybe if you'd been rearended as many times as has been And's'n Coopah-ffrage, you'd be outraged, too, fella. He's done 360's many times, too. [Mmmmmmm --- doughnuts.]

You are a savage, mack --- a silly, noble savage [ooh, I love it ... :kiss: ].

Yours in alternative outrage,
The Breeder [ :mad: ]

DJofSD
10-18-2010, 05:39 PM
I don't get it. You didn't hear any objections from the straights when the Hummer jokes were making the rounds.

toetoe
10-18-2010, 05:55 PM
So that's what the anti-procreation Stonewallers were chanting. I thought their poor starving mouths were craving Middle Eastern food --- y'know, "hummus." Surely you know of hummus, Sherman ... ?

toetoe
10-18-2010, 06:00 PM
This smacks of that brouhaha with Hoopy & Depression or whatever those chicks names are that walked out on LeView.

Hoopy and the Blowfish, Alex ?

Say, didn't Vince turn Little Jenny Aniston ? The nonbreeders should thank him.

And's'n, repeat after me: "I declare."

bigmack
10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
You are a savage, mack --- a silly, noble savage [ooh, I love it ... :kiss:
You're an absolute beast. Now stop it. http://forum.svrider.com/images/smilies/emot-gay.gif

Dig if you will. AC on Jeopardy. Category is Tennessee Williams.
For $1800 This 1955 play featuring Maggie, Brick & Big Daddy won the Pulitzer Prize

According to AC, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? Or, as he corrected himself, What is, Who's Afraid... :lol:

Hello Mahtha. Hello Georgieboy.

nInE5TITzE8

JustRalph
10-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Mack, you are giving away the source of my nickname........Big Daddy......

We could use a few Burl Ives types today :lol:

highnote
10-18-2010, 08:36 PM
So says Vince Vaughn in a recently pulled trailer for an upcoming film. Anderson Cooper was OUTRAGED by the line. Universal pulled the excerpt from the trailer.

V2 responds, “Comedy and joking about our differences breaks tension and brings us together.” The Gay community is unwilling to accept his apology and is demanding Universal pull the line from the film.

How is it we have to be so tolerant of so many things while others will simply not tolerate certain things? This smacks of that brouhaha with Hoopy & Depression or whatever those chicks names are that walked out on LeView.

Tolerate this.

Dr Laura Schlesinger said on her radio show that, as an observant
Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus
18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.

PaceAdvantage
10-18-2010, 08:49 PM
18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.Oh, here we go...time to trot out all the other stuff it says in Leviticus and elsewhere in the Bible that sounds a little quirky today... :lol:

Mike at A+
10-18-2010, 08:55 PM
The Muslims aren't too fond of gays either. That's why there are none in Iran (if you believe Ahmadinnerjacket).

bigmack
10-18-2010, 08:56 PM
DLS ain't an OrthoJew.

highnote
10-18-2010, 09:05 PM

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I should have fact checked it. The quote was from an email that landed in my mailbox.

I should have just posted this quote from Leviticus 18:12...

"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Males and females have different anatomy, so I'm not sure how this can be done. Also, what if a female is reading this passage? What is she to do?

highnote
10-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Oh, here we go...time to trot out all the other stuff it says in Leviticus and elsewhere in the Bible that sounds a little quirky today... :lol:

I don't know what is so funny about it. It's the word of God. It doesn't sound quirky to me.

jballscalls
10-18-2010, 10:30 PM
I was just watching Season 1 of the office and Michael Scott has the following line that cracks me up.....

"Don't be so gay Jim!!.............and by gay i mean the bad at sports way, not the homosexual way"

highnote
10-18-2010, 10:47 PM
DLS ain't an OrthoJew.

She wasn't and then she was and now she "ain't" according to Wikipedia:

"Religious beliefs
Schlessinger was non-religious until she and her son began practicing Conservative Judaism in 1996.[2] In 1998, Schlessinger, Bishop, and their son converted to Orthodox Judaism,[70] and began instruction under Rabbi Reuven P. Bulka of Ottawa, Ontario. During this time, Schlessinger sometimes used Jewish law and examples to advise her callers about their moral dilemmas. She occasionally clarified ethical and moral issues with her local Orthodox Rabbi Moshe D. Bryski, before mentioning them on the air. She was embraced by many in the politically conservative segment of Orthodox Judaism for bringing more awareness of Orthodoxy to her radio show. Some of her expressed views were explicitly religious, and are referenced her 1999 book The Ten Commandments: The Significance of God's Laws in Everyday Life. Although her other books have stressed the importance of morality, they are more secular in nature.

In July 2003, Schlessinger announced on her show that she was no longer an Orthodox Jew.[72]"

bigmack
10-18-2010, 11:34 PM
She wasn't and then she was and now she "ain't" according to Wikipedia:
I'm concerned about the "Italian-Catholic war bride" portion of the equation. In a Jew or not Jew ruling, I'd have to say "not a Jew." It's one of my favorite games.

Schlessinger was born in Brooklyn, New York, and raised in Brooklyn and Long Island. Her parents were Monroe (Monty) Schlessinger, a civil engineer of Jewish heritage, and Yolanda Ceccovini Schlessinger, an Italian-Catholic war bride.

highnote
10-18-2010, 11:50 PM
She sounds "American" to me.

bigmack
10-19-2010, 12:30 AM
She sounds "American" to me.
Yes. Yes, indeed. She is one of us now.

She is not.

You are not.

I am not anything but an American now.

(somebody whistle God Bless America)

PaceAdvantage
10-19-2010, 02:52 AM
I don't know what is so funny about it. It's the word of God. It doesn't sound quirky to me.Sorry you misunderstood me. I was mocking those who would be doing such. When one points out Leviticus and homosexuality, there are those who quickly jump on other passages in Leviticus or Deuteronomy that seem rather outdated or shocking...kind of like this:

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 (King James Version)

18If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Tom
10-19-2010, 07:56 AM
The Muslims aren't too fond of gays either. That's why there are none in Iran (if you believe Ahmadinnerjacket).

They aren't too fond of electric cars, either! :lol:

toetoe
10-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Burl Ives

D'zaya Runda Th'yelms, Alex ?

toetoe
10-19-2010, 05:08 PM
"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Okay, so we now know that Rosie pays attention to parts of the Bible; but what about her wife ? :eek: .

Tom
10-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by swetyejohn

Are you talking positionally? :eek:

highnote
10-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Are you talking positionally? :eek:

I'm sorry I brought it up! :eek: :D