PDA

View Full Version : O % TAKEOUT

stuball
10-18-2010, 05:12 PM
0 % takeout in the pick 4 at Prairie Meadows today..Can you ask for anything better for the bettor.

I'm in

Stuball :jump:

cj
10-18-2010, 05:19 PM
I could ask for thoroughbreds :)

stuball
10-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi CJ
I may be mistaken but I think these are t-breds...Oregon but t-breds..
Am I in error...and It is a rebate on the winning tickets only. but still.

Stuball

FenceBored
10-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi CJ
I may be mistaken but I think these are t-breds...Oregon but t-breds..
Am I in error...and It is a rebate on the winning tickets only. but still.

Stuball

If it's Oregon, it's Portland Meadows, not Prairie Meadows, which is in Iowa.

stuball
10-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Portland ---- Prairie those 2 always confuse me...LLOL

Stuball

Robert Goren
10-18-2010, 06:30 PM
It is a pick 4. I will get excited when they starting cutting something I might actually bet.

The_Knight_Sky
10-18-2010, 06:58 PM
It is a pick 4.
I will get excited when they starting cutting something I might actually bet.

And I will get excited when there is a long-term commitment to these experiments.

There really is no excuse to have the basic win-place-show pools set at more than 10%. These pools are serve as CAT exams for future horseplayers.

cj
10-18-2010, 08:51 PM
The $2 P4 paid $135, the parlay was $64.

Turkoman
10-18-2010, 11:51 PM
It is a pick 4. I will get excited when they starting cutting something I might actually bet.

Yeah, exactly. How about a 10% takeout in the WPS pools? That would be a more popular move.

Turkoman

jballscalls
10-19-2010, 12:07 AM
And I will get excited when there is a long-term commitment to these experiments.

There really is no excuse to have the basic win-place-show pools set at more than 10%. These pools are serve as CAT exams for future horseplayers.

well we're committed to it all year long. and if it gains some steam, we'll continue to offer it. and if players really support it, who knows, maybe other wagers will get lowered.

today was the 2nd highest pool of the year, so hopefully momentum will start to build.

always humbling when people dont even know the name of our little track :)

beertapper
10-19-2010, 12:33 AM
well we're committed to it all year long. and if it gains some steam, we'll continue to offer it. and if players really support it, who knows, maybe other wagers will get lowered.

today was the 2nd highest pool of the year, so hopefully momentum will start to build.

nice to hear..!!:ThmbUp:

The_Knight_Sky
10-19-2010, 09:25 AM

That's great Jason. Best wishes over the long haul. As I have written before elsewhere, it would be great to have additional support with takeout reductions in the other pools.

Something along the lines of incremental reductions in the WPS to 14% this year, 12% next year, 10% the third year would be a strong selling point with the public at the same time reducing the short-term liabilities for Portland Meadows.

The lower tier tracks if they cannot market top flight horses, trainers and jockeys, must go that extra mile. Good luck out in Oregon. :ThmbUp:

BlueShoe
10-19-2010, 10:37 AM
The lower tier tracks if they cannot market top flight horses, trainers and jockeys, must go that extra mile. Good luck out in Oregon. :ThmbUp:
We do not get the signal in SoCal on a regular basis, but when we do, have found Portland to be quite playable. Lower level runners to be sure, but pretty formful, always provided, of course, that you pick your spots.

jballscalls
10-19-2010, 11:24 AM
I just showed my boss Stuball's post and he laughed

"good to know our marketing is also helping with name recognition"