PDA

View Full Version : Dick Mitchell

sam i am
09-11-2003, 07:17 PM
does anyone have any of Dick Mitchells video's ex.
Mitchell, Dick -- Advanced Speed & Pace Handicapping--Common Sense Betting Strategy--Common Sense Maiden Handicapping

if so, what do you think??

David McKenzie
09-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by sam i am
does anyone have any of Dick Mitchells video's
...if so, what do you think??

His money management video is outstanding. How he manages to infuse such enthusiasm into such a boring (but essential) topic is definitely worth seeing.

And once you learn it, that's it. You've got it mastered for life.

Lefty
09-12-2003, 12:46 PM
I have his "Mastering Multi-Track Wagering" Video

kitts
09-12-2003, 02:47 PM
I can tell you a lot about Mitchell videos. Please be aware that I was a big fan of his in the late 80s and a student of his at LA City College and eventaully ended up working for him. He taught a multi-week class on Handicapping at his store which included 12 videos that were well done and informative. The classroom was an additional option. Steve Unite and I were assistant teachers for these various multi-week sessions. I will say those videos were really good. I watched him record some of them and he paid for professional assistance on these. You can probably buy the whole "course" of 12 tapes and a workbook.
http://www.cythiapublishing.com

JimL
09-12-2003, 07:46 PM
I have the Mitchell, tapes and they are all good. I miss Dick Mitchell; I wish he would leave the teaching job in the southwest and return to handicapping. JimL

mattsartin
09-12-2003, 10:35 PM
http://www.cynthiapublishing.com/ not "cythia"

Topcat
09-12-2003, 11:32 PM
I have a couple of Mithcell's video tapes and they are good- The audio tapes he made are even better. They teach and entertain a rare combo.

While some castigate Mitchell for selling the same product over and over he is one of the good ones and as discussed elsewhere his common sense money management book is the best-I think it is better than Meadow's book.

so.cal.fan
09-13-2003, 12:48 PM
You mentioned Steve Unite.......where is he these days?
Nice young man. I met him a few years back.
He was working for HorsePlayer magazine........don't know if he moved on or not?

kitts
09-13-2003, 04:35 PM
So Cal Fan-

I know not about the whereabouts of Steve Unite other than I hear he is still in Southern California. I presumed he still had the gig with Horseplayer Magazine.