PDA

View Full Version : Can I bet online automatically?

AZDJedi
09-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Hello,

I'd like some information on the possibility of making online bets automatically. I'd like to program something that every race will make my bet for me, so I don't even have to be at the computer.

I don't have an account anywhere (eg brisnet.com), so I don't know how the betting system works. Is it textboxes, or java system, or can I send certain URL to an ASP page that makes my bet, etc...

Any ideas on how I can accomplish auto betting of any sort?

Thanks,
Bodi

hurrikane
09-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Cherry_Pkr has a package like that.

I've never configured it. Uses a Unisys engine, you set odds, etc..and it will bet.

Not sure of the site but a search should suffice.

What you will get is a book that tells you how to configure the Unisys piece to do your work for you.

pmd62ndst
09-11-2003, 05:26 PM
I've always dreamed of having a product like this.

Especially on a weekend when I wouldn't be around any computers or phone lines.

pmd62ndst
09-11-2003, 05:32 PM
I subscribe to youbet.com and I've often called their VoiceBet service when I'm away from the computer on the weekends but did my research on Friday night.

Wouldn't it be possible to write an application that would use the dialer to call youbet.com's Voicebet and go through some automated process?

That would be very feasible and considering that's my trade, I'll see what I can come up it.

Now, the only issue would be how the application would be able to get real-time odds?

PMD

BillW
09-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by pmd62ndst
Now, the only issue would be how the application would be able to get real-time odds?

PMD
pmd,

Parse an on-line toteboard.

Bill

pmd62ndst
09-11-2003, 05:46 PM
Where would I be able to get a real-time toteboard?

It can't be a java app either. It's got to be something that displays in a manner that I can parse.

PMD

pmd62ndst
09-11-2003, 05:52 PM
www.tvgnetwork.com

They've even got a TEXT-ONLY site. Yes...

And just when I thought my productivity at work couldn't get any lower...

PMD

BillW
09-11-2003, 06:04 PM
Another possibility:

http://www.racingchannel.com

I find these guys to be the most accurate as far as time goes (i.e. when they say it's posttime, it IS posttime).

Bill

GameTheory
09-11-2003, 06:07 PM
Parsing the toteboard is the easy part -- www.racingchannel.com is what most people use. There are a number of pieces of software that can access & parse the toteboard, and I've written several myself -- it isn't too hard.

But there are none that will auto-wager for you. BrisBet is probably the best choice to tackle because it uses HTML forms for input -- no java. I've been meaning to tackle this at some point, but haven't gotten there yet. Let us know if you make any headway...

sjk
09-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Since I bet mainly exactas, I find supertote easier to use since the win odds and the exacta prices are on the same page. With racingchannel, you need to parse two pages to get win and exactas.

hurrikane
09-12-2003, 06:30 AM
GT,
have you looked at cherry pkr. This is suppose to auto bet for you based on criteria you put in.

horse min odds etc?

I was sure someone up here was using it. I looked at it but never set it up.

GameTheory
09-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Cherry Picker is a series of automation macros that actually "operate" your computer for you -- typing in keystokes, moving the mouse around, etc. If I were going to automate betting, which I'd like to at some point, I would want a more direct inferface to the wagering -- it would actually be able to run in the background making bets without taking the whole computer over...