PDA

View Full Version : How time flies. Horses ages etc

Zippy Chippy
10-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Remember it seemed like yesterday watching Cigar impress us? That was so much fun.

Cigar is 20 years old! Its hard to believe!
Silver Charm is almost 17.
Tiznow is 13. Those BC classics i still watch to this day. Doesn't seem like 10 years ago.

When you look at a program now, you see horses like Victory Gallop not as just a sire, but as the sires, sire. Its weird to see that.

Im used to always knowing most of the sires, but the grandfathers are always horses i heard about before my time. I must be getting old myself! :bang:

Turkoman
10-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Remember it seemed like yesterday watching Cigar impress us? That was so much fun.

Cigar is 20 years old! Its hard to believe!
Silver Charm is almost 17.
Tiznow is 13. Those BC classics i still watch to this day. Doesn't seem like 10 years ago.

When you look at a program now, you see horses like Victory Gallop not as just a sire, but as the sires, sire. Its weird to see that.

Im used to always knowing most of the sires, but the grandfathers are always horses i heard about before my time. I must be getting old myself! :bang:

Yeah, those ages are always very interesting. Recently, when I was looking at the PP's, I was shocked to see that Northern Dancer was listed as a grandfather. But there are also many others that bring back incredible memories.

Turkoman

dccprez
10-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Great post.

I was at BOTH of Tiznow's Classic wins - Churchill and Belmont. I was lucky enough to have been sitting at the finish line for his Churchill win - AND to have had him across the board BOTH times (lucky me). Belmont was special as it was an (unfortunate) "us vs. them" (Euros/US) crowd and to see him gut it out in the stretch was simply wonderful simply for his effort.

And he's THAT old?!? Or, rather, I'M that OLD?!?

Wow! What a great game. And what an excellent post!