PDA

View Full Version : YouBet program showing purses down to the cents...Why bother?

Milkshaker
10-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Maybe this has been going on for awhile and I've been ignorant of it, but I believe YouBet recently altered its track programs to show the purse amount (at the top of the page) all the way down to cents.

Sort of distracting to look at an Oak Tree race and see "Purse $44,000.00." Confusing to the eye at first, making me think it's a much larger amount.

Any logical reason for this? Do any jurisdictions pay purses in amounts lesser than whole dollars? Would you care if they did?

Market Mover
10-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Maybe this has been going on for awhile and I've been ignorant of it, but I believe YouBet recently altered its track programs to show the purse amount (at the top of the page) all the way down to cents.

Sort of distracting to look at an Oak Tree race and see "Purse $44,000.00." Confusing to the eye at first, making me think it's a much larger amount.

Any logical reason for this? Do any jurisdictions pay purses in amounts lesser than whole dollars? Would you care if they did?

Who cares. At least they have a user-friendly interface..
Anyone have some good insider tips on how to maximize the features of YB other than WagerpadPro?

Horseplayersbet.com
10-14-2010, 11:24 PM

My guess is due to Canadian conversion. It won't affect any US purses.

Track Collector
10-17-2010, 02:44 PM
My guess is due to Canadian conversion. It won't affect any US purses.

All in the name of accuracy I guess, but I don't see why they can not round it to the nearest dollar. I find it annoying as it gives the false impression of a much bigger purse.

Another US track that does this annoying practice is Haw.

Horseplayersbet.com
10-18-2010, 08:20 AM
All in the name of accuracy I guess, but I don't see why they can not round it to the nearest dollar. I find it annoying as it gives the false impression of a much bigger purse.

Another US track that does this annoying practice is Haw.
It could also have to do with giving state breds full purse and non state breds less purse.