PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas

Robert Goren
10-13-2010, 10:48 PM
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_16332588?nclick_check=1

The Washington Wizards guard's latest escapade took place Tuesday, when coach Flip Saunders announced before a preseason game against the Atlanta Hawks that Arenas would miss the contest with a sore left knee.
But Arenas revealed after the Wizards' 107-92 victory that he pretended to have a bum knee to give teammate Nick Young a chance to start. He told reporters Wednesday that he was trying to do Young a favor.
"I lied to coach and told him my knee was sore so he'd start Nick," Arenas said.

The Wizards need go the butcher shop and buy him some brains.

cj
10-13-2010, 11:16 PM
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_16332588?nclick_check=1

The Washington Wizards guard's latest escapade took place Tuesday, when coach Flip Saunders announced before a preseason game against the Atlanta Hawks that Arenas would miss the contest with a sore left knee.
But Arenas revealed after the Wizards' 107-92 victory that he pretended to have a bum knee to give teammate Nick Young a chance to start. He told reporters Wednesday that he was trying to do Young a favor.
"I lied to coach and told him my knee was sore so he'd start Nick," Arenas said.

The Wizards need go the butcher shop and buy him some brains.

Arenas would already be gone if anyone would take him. Of course, nobody will.

slew101
10-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Can this clown do anything that would allow the Wizards to void his contract?

GameTheory
10-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Can this clown do anything that would allow the Wizards to void his contract?They were already given permission to void it over the gun incident but they decided not to...

cj
10-14-2010, 10:46 PM
They were already given permission to void it over the gun incident but they decided not to...

I could be wrong, but I don't remember that being true. They tried to find out if they could void it, but I think it was too late after he was suspended. It had something to do with not being able to punish someone twice for the same offense.

GameTheory
10-14-2010, 10:53 PM
I think what happened is it was widely speculated that they *could* have voided it, at least the league would have supported it (the players association would not as a matter of principle of course as they would fight voiding any contract). But they announced they would not seek to do so, and that was that. What went on behind the scenes is anyone's guess. As far as I know they never made any public move to void the contract, although plenty of people were clamoring for them to do so...