PDA

View Full Version : Fair and Balanced.....

Tom
10-13-2010, 01:45 PM
...and dumber than a box of rocks?
Is it just me, or are the Fox Babes getting dumber and dumber?
I can't listen anymore they are soooooooo bad.
Good news, terrible on-air personalities on many shows.

lamboguy
10-13-2010, 01:53 PM
...and dumber than a box of rocks?
Is it just me, or are the Fox Babes getting dumber and dumber?
I can't listen anymore they are soooooooo bad.
Good news, terrible on-air personalities on many shows.actually they have 2 great shows, GRETTA and BECK, O'REILLY not that bad either when you compare him to his competition on other stations. GLEN BECK has been pumping gold, he can't be that bad, or maybe i am partial to folks that think like me.

jballscalls
10-13-2010, 02:00 PM
i dont think any of the shows listed are actually news shows are they? fox and friends is more of a morning entertainment show, while beck and gretta and billo are opinion shows.

i think shephard and megyn are about the only news people there during the day arent they?

PhantomOnTour
10-13-2010, 02:00 PM
I believe Rush calls it 'style over substance'. The women are smokin hot, esp the long haired blonde in the morning (Greta too :rolleyes: :lol: )...Megyn Kelly maybe???

Tom
10-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Fox babes on XM radio = a very long drive to work!:mad:

johnhannibalsmith
10-13-2010, 03:08 PM
I don't watch a ton and usually am not paying strict attention to when it is on, but the one on FOX that grates on me the most is the skinny, "funny" one on in the morning trio (with the lady and the darker haired young guy).

He (I can't think of his name) has some flimsy Keanu-Reeves/young-Nicholas-Cage presence that makes me queasy and long for the "super anchor" style that I usually mock, like the guy on late morning - Jon Scott?

JustRalph
10-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Gerri Willis on Fox business network ought to be running both networks

She is a sharpie

Tom
10-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Gretchen?

Yikes! She sends me looking for CNN! :eek:
And Harris Faukner at noon - holy moly, she is bad.

bigmack
10-13-2010, 03:37 PM
I haven't watched in a while but that Grechen Carlson has got to go. She really should be back in Minnesota putting extra sweaters on the kids to go to school.

I click into Beck every now and again and have no idea what he's talking about. It's turned into a self-help show or somthin'.

O'Reilly is on cruise control. Cashing a fat check and heading back to the Hamptons. Hannity rolling around in the same hamster cage. 3 hours on the radio and an hour on the telly. I don't know how he does it.

MegKell is very sharp. I fear she has 'chicken legs' which is a categoric deal breaker for me in that dept.. She is very pretty and quite sharp though. :ThmbUp:

Mike at A+
10-13-2010, 03:44 PM
And Harris Faukner at noon - holy moly, she is bad.
But she's such a well spoken black who doesn't use a negro dialect!

skate
10-13-2010, 03:48 PM
for me, Tubes, that's a long long time ago, but the one i prefer comes on the weekends, straight long black hair.

But the gal i prefer to take to lunch, has a Cnbc ( i think) show, Irin Burnett, oh yah.;)

johnhannibalsmith
10-13-2010, 03:53 PM
...I click into Beck every now and again and have no idea what he's talking about. It's turned into a self-help show or somthin'...

I admit, if I didn't want to watch the Soprano re-runs on A&E, this was my go-to second for a long time as long as there wasn't a studio audience. An hour of wild conspiracies, but well conceived presentations and legitimate entertainment for 60 minutes.

I tried tuning in the other day when they hit me with Hoarders on A&E and I thought I was watching Steve Martin in Leap of Faith or something... The last few times it seems to have taken a turn towards feeling more like a meeting of a club that I'm not a member of.

Mike at A+
10-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Brains AND good looks:

http://www.foxnews.com/bios/talent/ainsley-earhardt/

Molly Henneberg (couldn't find a pic but she's a doll)

http://www.foxnews.com/bios/talent/laura-ingle/

http://www.foxnews.com/bios/talent/molly-line/

bigmack
10-13-2010, 04:22 PM
What ever happened to Laurie "How do you" Dhue?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/89011.png

& then there's Courtney Friel. She covered the KY Derb this year.
(Although I have reason to believe her head has a rattling sound when she walks.)

What a shame. :(

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/cf.png

ArlJim78
10-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Watching the miner rescue story last night night reminded me why I don't watch any of the cable news shows. I mean the story was interesting but it was better if you had the sound off so that you don't have to listen to the stupid banter.

That idiot Shepard Smith on Fox couldn't even tell whether the rescue chamber was going up or down, and he's staring at the pulley turning and watching the cable feeding into the hole. He kept saying over and over that its coming up. then after a bit of time he breaks in, like its breaking news and says that "we're just getting word that the rescue unit is actually going down." DUH! every person in the world above third grade already knew that already Shep.

Often I find CNN the least objectionable in a situation like a big news story, except when Larry King took over I had to turn the channel. Anderson Cooper isn't bad with a straight news story.

I know I'm supposed to be in love with Fox because I'm conservative, but most of the main shows I can't stomach the people.
Gretchen Carlson - can't stand, same with the other co-hosts.
Megyn Kelley - nice to look at but grating to listen to
Neil Cavuto -don't care for
Beck - Not my cup of tea
O'Reilly - can't tolerate him
Hannity - irritating and repetitive
Greta - irritating and grating

bigmack
10-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Anderson Cooper isn't bad with a straight news story.
That's not what I've heard. :eek:

ArlJim78
10-13-2010, 04:44 PM
That's not what I've heard. :eek:
haha, touche.

Robert Goren
10-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Fox has best election night coverage if you can get past the cheer leading. CNN is still the best at breaking news especially overseas although they are slipping. MSNBC's only asset is Chuck Todd. He seems to have more insight on the nuts and bolts of politics than anyone else. Daytime news channels do seem to be trying to out do each other when it come to putting on good looking but mentally challenged women. I like Larry King when he interviews old movie stars. The rest of the time, well.... One question, was Glenn Beck cloned from Professor Irwin Corey's DNA?

Tom
10-13-2010, 09:49 PM
But she's such a well spoken black who doesn't use a negro dialect!

Well you got me there....I would have sworn she was a dumb blond! Never seen her - just on XM. :lol::lol:

I guess "stupid" is color blind!

Tom
10-13-2010, 09:50 PM
I do like Jamie on Sunday mornings...she seems to be a smart cookie.

Mike at A+
10-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Well you got me there....I would have sworn she was a dumb blond! Never seen her - just on XM. :lol::lol:

I guess "stupid" is color blind!
I really like Harris Faulkner. She is well educated, speaks coherently and doesn't show any political preferences. She's all news all the time. And quite attractive as well.

sandpit
10-13-2010, 11:03 PM
That idiot Shepard Smith on Fox couldn't even tell whether the rescue chamber was going up or down, and he's staring at the pulley turning and watching the cable feeding into the hole. He kept saying over and over that its coming up. then after a bit of time he breaks in, like its breaking news and says that "we're just getting word that the rescue unit is actually going down." DUH! every person in the world above third grade already knew that already Shep.

I know I'm supposed to be in love with Fox because I'm conservative, but most of the main shows I can't stomach the people.

That is some funny stuff on Smith. I can't stand to look at the guy; he looks like a badly built mannequin, with the brains to match.

Your statement in the second paragraph may be indicative as to something I read recently about Fox losing viewers; they are still way ahead of their competitors during most shows according to the report I saw, but things aren't as rosy as a couple years back.

IMO, Megyn Kelly is the least attractive woman on the network, because she looks and talks like she is 100% B**CH.

ArlJim78
10-13-2010, 11:14 PM
I do think Fox has plateaued. As others have mentioned they do have some talented second tier people. They might think about freshening it up a bit and bringing some of those people to the front. But at they same time, why would they mess with success when they dominate the ratings.

Rookies
10-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Who's the Gay guy in the a.m. ?

Oh sorry... Smith.

Maybe, he should tag team up with Anderson Cooper...:rolleyes:

johnhannibalsmith
10-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Aren't you the fella' that fumed on me when I erred in judgement with the word "mongoloid"? I guess marginalizing gays directly is okay, but indirect affronts draw this icon if I remember correctly --> :mad: DO CON JERKS LIKE YOU EVER GET A CLUE???

bigmack
10-14-2010, 02:02 AM
I do like Jamie on Sunday mornings...she seems to be a smart cookie.
You could say that:

She attending the University of Miami International School of Business at age 14, she received a Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting as well as her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Miami School of Law in 1983 at age 22.

The birdbrains @ MSNBC are still learning how to read a sentence.

rastajenk
10-14-2010, 07:53 AM
At least Fox interrupted its agenda long enough to give the Chile miners their due. I flipped to the other so-called news channels to review their reporting of it and there was nothing. Keith Primadonnaman doing his usual ugly ranting; Rachel M stuck on gays in the military; Larry King giving Michael Moore a chance to use the mine rescue as yet another excuse to criticize the US. Pathetic; just pathetic.

As an aside, when President Pinera was giving some remarks after all were out, he said it was a global event, and he listed some of the world leaders that had congratulated Chile for a job well done; conspicuously absent from the list was our president Zero. Couldn't our guy have interrupted his Republican-bashing long enough give a conservative president in this hemisphere some props? Pathetic, again; just pathetic. (p.s. I see that Boxcar made the same observation in the Miners' thread. :ThmbUp: )

Tom
10-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Obama did make a statement about it...I heard it.

Mike at A+
10-14-2010, 10:08 AM
At least Fox interrupted its agenda long enough to give the Chile miners their due. I flipped to the other so-called news channels to review their reporting of it and there was nothing. Keith Primadonnaman doing his usual ugly ranting; Rachel M stuck on gays in the military; Larry King giving Michael Moore a chance to use the mine rescue as yet another excuse to criticize the US. Pathetic; just pathetic.

As an aside, when President Pinera was giving some remarks after all were out, he said it was a global event, and he listed some of the world leaders that had congratulated Chile for a job well done; conspicuously absent from the list was our president Zero. Couldn't our guy have interrupted his Republican-bashing long enough give a conservative president in this hemisphere some props? Pathetic, again; just pathetic. (p.s. I see that Boxcar made the same observation in the Miners' thread. :ThmbUp: )
Of course President Zero wasn't mentioned because his position on this was to "plug the damn hole".

Mike at A+
10-14-2010, 10:34 AM
There's a simple explanation for that. When each of the saved miners stepped out of the capsule, they made the sign of the cross. Can't have that on MSNBC or CNN because it would be insensitive to non-Christians in their view.

boxcar
10-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Obama did make a statement about it...I heard it.

But he didn't call Pinera personally to wish him well, as did many other world leaders. Pinera, literally, cited all the world leaders who called him (I think there was about 15 or so) without so much as a list in front of him, by the way. BO is a classless wonder if there ever was one. I guess Chile isn't a power player on the world stage. On the other hand, if it had been Iran, Saudi Arabia, ....

Boxcar

BlueShoe
10-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Is it just me, or are the Fox Babes getting dumber and dumber?I can't listen anymore they are soooooooo bad.
Good news, terrible on-air personalities on many shows.
Wow, all the gripes about the Fox girls. So, who do you guys prefer, Rachel Maddow, maybe?

jognlope
10-14-2010, 01:09 PM
The blonde with the hyper voice, sorry I don't know else how to describe her, is pretty smart and seems balanced. Neil Cavuto, his voice trails off, which is irritating, but he seems balanced sort of, but he has MS, so feel kind of bad for him. He is hanging in there, got to give him that. Bill O'Reilly, seems really smart, but don't know where he stands most of the time, he's always sparing. Those are the only ones I can tolerate.

boxcar
10-14-2010, 02:08 PM
The blonde with the hyper voice, sorry I don't know else how to describe her, is pretty smart and seems balanced. Neil Cavuto, his voice trails off, which is irritating, but he seems balanced sort of, but he has MS, so feel kind of bad for him. He is hanging in there, got to give him that. Bill O'Reilly, seems really smart, but don't know where he stands most of the time, he's always sparing. Those are the only ones I can tolerate.

You don't know where O' stands because he's a fence straddler. His legs swing on one side one day, and on the other the next. It's rare that he takes a principled stand on anything with the exception of kids' issues.

Boxcar

bigmack
10-14-2010, 02:14 PM
It's rare that he takes a principled stand on anything with the exception of kids' issues.
Ruffling feathers on Le'View today.

EnSd_yLcIic

jognlope
10-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Yeh Bill O was pretty on the side of stupid on the View. Wow I liked Shep Smith yesterday, very fun listening to him, covering the miners in Chile.

boxcar
10-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Ahh...you beat me to it. My wife showed me that video and I was going to post it here.

Yup, he took a hard stand on something. Good for him!

What I thought was hilarious was how Whooooooopi and that other airhead, after cussing up a storm at the Big 'O (and in essence to the audience too!) left the stage in a huge huff. Typical liberals. This is what liberals are all about. When they can't rationally and cogently defend their positions, they just duck the issue one way or the other. In this case, walk off the stage. How disrespectful was that to the audience? And where was the tolerance of these two buffoons? And did you catch the totally ELITIST, morally superior attitude of WhoopiDo? She wanted to know why the 71% of Americans didn't get it!? Why so many Americans couldn't see things her way!? :bang: Such unmitigated arrogance!

Boxcar

boxcar
10-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Yeh Bill O was pretty on the side of stupid on the View. Wow I liked Shep Smith yesterday, very fun listening to him, covering the miners in Chile.

And if that's the case, what does this say about two airheads who couldn't defend their position? Dumber than dirt, perhaps? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

rastajenk
10-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Well, I just watched that clip, and all Bill did was try to explain why their Dear Leader has a major disconnect with most of the population, a notion that just bounced right off the noggins of those women. So who was it that was "on the side of stupid?"

Mike at A+
10-14-2010, 06:00 PM
The problem with Joyless Behar and Whoopie-do Goldberg is that they are far too politically correct like most Democrats and liberals - but only when it suits their views. But they have no problem with calling all Tea Party members racists. It's simply the good old double standard that liberals feel they are entitled to use. The issue is that we were attacked by Muslim terrorists on 9/11. Obama doesn't like the use of the word "terrorist" and The View ladies (I use that term loosely) objected to the word "Muslim". They did seem to later approve O'Reilly's use of the term "Muslim terrorists" after he had previously left off the word "terrorists". Then they came back and sat down. But I was just watching Glenn Beck who commented on this story and he noted that at Pearl Harbor, we were attacked by the Japanese. Not terrorists and not Japanese terrorists. Just the Japanese - PERIOD.

I really wonder how these bimbos would have reacted if 9/11 had happened during the Obama presidency. I strongly suspect that they wouldn't care what terminology we used to describe the attackers.

A. Pineda
10-14-2010, 07:00 PM
The problem with Joyless Behar and Whoopie-do Goldberg is that they are far too politically correct like most Democrats and liberals - but only when it suits their views. But they have no problem with calling all Tea Party members racists. It's simply the good old double standard that liberals feel they are entitled to use. The issue is that we were attacked by Muslim terrorists on 9/11. Obama doesn't like the use of the word "terrorist" and The View ladies (I use that term loosely) objected to the word "Muslim". They did seem to later approve O'Reilly's use of the term "Muslim terrorists" after he had previously left off the word "terrorists". Then they came back and sat down. But I was just watching Glenn Beck who commented on this story and he noted that at Pearl Harbor, we were attacked by the Japanese. Not terrorists and not Japanese terrorists. Just the Japanese - PERIOD.

I really wonder how these bimbos would have reacted if 9/11 had happened during the Obama presidency. I strongly suspect that they wouldn't care what terminology we used to describe the attackers.

Using Beck's convoluted logic, apparently he believes that the US should have attacked Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon, and the UAE after 9/11.

They probably would have called them "terrorists", as O'Reilly should have, if his goal had not been to play to his fan base by insulting a religion.

Watch out for those Amish, too, Bill. Many of them speak in a foreign dialect, and who knows what they may be planning?

After 9/11, 70% of Americans bought into the propaganda that Iraq was responsible. Today, less than 1/3 of Americans hold that belief. Isn't it amazing how slowly truth travels compared to BS?

rastajenk
10-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Ah, you're full o' shit. There was never any official propaganda that Iraq was responsible for 9/11. Iraq was a terrorist-supporting rogue nation. That was indisputable.

Mike at A+
10-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Using Beck's convoluted logic, apparently he believes that the US should have attacked Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon, and the UAE after 9/11.

They probably would have called them "terrorists", as O'Reilly should have, if his goal had not been to play to his fan base by insulting a religion.

Watch out for those Amish, too, Bill. Many of them speak in a foreign dialect, and who knows what they may be planning?

After 9/11, 70% of Americans bought into the propaganda that Iraq was responsible. Today, less than 1/3 of Americans hold that belief. Isn't it amazing how slowly truth travels compared to BS?
Actually, Beck didn't even speculate on who we should have attacked in retaliation for 9/11. And what makes 9/11 different from Pearl Harbor is that no government's military executed the 9/11 attacks.

johnhannibalsmith
10-14-2010, 07:09 PM
... if his goal had not been to play to his fan base...

As opposed to the other two twitettes? O'Reilly didn't drop by unannounced. The segment was scheduled. They all know one another's position. Contrived shock that led to a "walk-out" of the view that they knowingly give a megaphone to by a guest they sought out for his contrarian views.

Give me a break. O'Reilly vs. View Hags. I yearn for Morton Downey, Jr.

bigmack
10-14-2010, 07:15 PM

That's right, he was 'playing to fan base by insulting a religion' on The View. :lol: Insulting a religion. Any birdbrain could figure out what he meant.

So too, he's a xenophobe. Good example with the Amish. :rolleyes:

boxcar
10-14-2010, 07:23 PM

Only if Beck also believed that Muslim is a nationality. :rolleyes:

When extremist Muslims from within hijacked their religion and the "moderates" did virtually nothing in response to retrieve it, both groups did far more damage to it than any outsider's "insults" could ever accomplish.

The delusions of your own overworked and overwrought imagination is the extent of their planning.

No one I know of believes Iraq was responsible for 9/11. You would do yourself a huge favor by putting your delusions in a straight jacket to slow them down. It probably would be the first time in your life that your mouth ever had a chance to catch up to your brain.

Boxcar
P.S. Welcome to OT -- The home of the brave, the land of the free and the unfriendly environs of all motormouth airheads. ;)

Rookies
10-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Aren't you the fella' that fumed on me when I erred in judgement with the word "mongoloid"? I guess marginalizing gays directly is okay, but indirect affronts draw this icon if I remember correctly --> :mad: DO CON JERKS LIKE YOU EVER GET A CLUE???

Your damn right I did.

To use this very same analogy, I didn't use any of the ignorant hate words associated with gays. You did, perhaps through ignorance, but you should have known.

A. Pineda
10-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Ah, you're full o' shit. There was never any official propaganda that Iraq was responsible for 9/11. Iraq was a terrorist-supporting rogue nation. That was indisputable.

You are absolutely correct in your last two sentences, but I have my doubts about the first two.

<LI>“If we're successful in Iraq … we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11.” - Cheney (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3080244/) on Meet the Press, Sept. 14, 2003
<LI> "The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." G.W. Bush--Washington, D.C., July 12,
<LI>2007There's overwhelming evidence there was a connection between al Qaeda and the Iraqi government. </SPAN>I am very confident that there was an
<LI> established relationship there." - Vice President Cheney, 1/22/04

The administration hammered away at every opportunity to get the country behind an attack on Iraq. There are many quotes on record from Colin Powell and Condoleeza rice, as well. This is all very old news.</SPAN>

</EM>

JustRalph
10-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Sometimes the Religion and the country/people are one and the same, in their eyes.

Iran is actually "The Islamic Republic of Iran" if my memory serves me right

just a note...... just a little germane to the discussion on BillO

johnhannibalsmith
10-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Your damn right I did.

To use this very same analogy, I didn't use any of the ignorant hate words associated with gays. You did, perhaps through ignorance, but you should have known.

Gotcha - belittling homosexuality is okay if it is implied without certain words. I use a poor choice of words, admit it, despite never copping to a clear lack of intent to hurt the group represented.

Really? No apology, just an excuse, a justification. Why am I not at all shocked.

For the record, you can say what you want. But hold yourself to the same holier than thou standard that you hold others to.

Rookies
10-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Gotcha - belittling homosexuality is okay if it is implied without certain words. I use a poor choice of words, admit it, despite never copping to a clear lack of intent to hurt the group represented.

Really? No apology, just an excuse, a justification. Why am I not at all shocked.

For the record, you can say what you want. But hold yourself to the same holier than thou standard that you hold others to.

No you didn't. I'm not belittling Gays. I'm calling out what appears to me to be one on a conservative Network. That's it.

And of course, you had to repeat the offense a second time, to get the point across. Why did you ?

A. Pineda
10-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Actually, Beck didn't even speculate on who we should have attacked in retaliation for 9/11. And what makes 9/11 different from Pearl Harbor is that no government's military executed the 9/11 attacks.

Exactly, but Beck's analogy implied that it was correct to call the attackers "Muslims" rather than "Muslim terrorists."

rastajenk
10-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Cause it's redundant?

A. Pineda
10-14-2010, 08:09 PM
As opposed to the other two twitettes? O'Reilly didn't drop by unannounced. The segment was scheduled. They all know one another's position. Contrived shock that led to a "walk-out" of the view that they knowingly give a megaphone to by a guest they sought out for his contrarian views.

Give me a break. O'Reilly vs. View Hags. I yearn for Morton Downey, Jr.

Although the shock did seem contrived to me, too, and the walk-out was more unnecessary drama, the point is that O'Reilly eventually corrected his erroneous labeling of the Muslim community as the 9/11 attackers.

If Morton Downey was on the tube today, his show would be on the Comedy channel.

A. Pineda
10-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Cause it's redundant?

Apparently it is, in the small minds of many.

Be very careful. The next time you eat out your food may be served by a terrorist. Worse yet, a Morton Downey fan.

Mike at A+
10-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Exactly, but Beck's analogy implied that it was correct to call the attackers "Muslims" rather than "Muslim terrorists."
I think it's fairly apparent to all that the "terrorists" part is implied. And O'Reilly didn't say "ALL Muslims". We say the Japanese attacked us at Pearl Harbor. We don't say "Japanese terrorists" or even "Japanese military".

johnhannibalsmith
10-14-2010, 08:26 PM
No you didn't. I'm not belittling Gays. I'm calling out what appears to me to be one on a conservative Network. That's it.

And of course, you had to repeat the offense a second time, to get the point across. Why did you ?

Good work. Your type would be proud.

boxcar
10-14-2010, 09:04 PM

Since the terrorists were Muslims, why not call them what they are? An affront to PC, is it? If a group of Christians had blown up the place on 9/11, the entire world would be referring to the extremists as merely "Christians". :rolleyes:

Boxcar

JustRalph
10-14-2010, 09:34 PM
If Morton Downey was on the tube today, his show would be on the Comedy channel.

Great line.......... I wish he was alive.........that would be great to see what he thinks of the world nowadays......... :lol:

Tom
10-14-2010, 10:11 PM

Was he incorrect in his statement?
Were the death pilots good old Irish boys?

A. Pineda
10-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Was he incorrect in his statement?
Were the death pilots good old Irish boys?

It's about choices. O'Reilly chose to make an inflammatory statement that he knew would offend millions of people around the world and alienate many of them who would otherwise be helpful in the war against terrorism. The very fact that he corrected his original description of the 9/11 attackers tells me that he knew that he was wrong.

boxcar
10-15-2010, 01:16 PM
It's about choices. O'Reilly chose to make an inflammatory statement that he knew would offend millions of people around the world and alienate many of them who would otherwise be helpful in the war against terrorism. The very fact that he corrected his original description of the 9/11 attackers tells me that he knew that he was wrong.

Why should we give a flip about offending anyone? Islam has declared war on the "great Satan", remember? Do you not know that jihad has been delclared against the U.S.? And is Islam concerned about offending tens of millions of Americans by insisting they want to build a mosque in NYC at ground level zero? Americans should have the thick skins, while the Muslims' skin grows thinner? Is that how it works?

Boxcar

dav4463
10-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Anybody that can make whoopi walk off the set is OK with me!

jognlope
10-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Timothy McVay was a Christian, well so they say.... urg.

bigmack
10-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Anybody that can make whoopi walk off the set is OK with me!
Good trivia question. On average, how many layers of clothing does she wear?
A: 12

boxcar
10-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Timothy McVay was a Christian, well so they say.... urg.

And your point is?

Boxcar

Tom
10-15-2010, 02:50 PM
moot

NJ Stinks
10-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Why should we give a flip about offending anyone? Islam has declared war on the "great Satan", remember? Do you not know that jihad has been delclared against the U.S.? And is Islam concerned about offending tens of millions of Americans by insisting they want to build a mosque in NYC at ground level zero? Americans should have the thick skins, while the Muslims' skin grows thinner? Is that how it works?

Boxcar

Let's see if I've got this right, Boxcar. We can invade Muslim countries unprovoked and kill thousands of innocent Muslims in the process or we can station thousands of our soldiers in Muslim countries while "we give a flip about offending anyone" but if an American Muslim wants to build anything a few blocks from Ground Zero, we have every right to be outraged.

Tell me again why we are supposed to be the ones with thick skins.

I look forward to your righteous response. :rolleyes:

Tom
10-15-2010, 03:52 PM
If you have to ask, you really have a problem.

rastajenk
10-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Am I the one living in an alternate universe, or has everyone else gone stupid?

O'Reilly says the Prez is having trouble connecting with mainstream Americans, and uses the mosque issue as an example. Seventy percent of the population is against it, and all the Big O can do is give mealymouthed, half-assed lip service to constitutionalities and legalities, without taking a definitive stand (voting "Present," as it were). Americans want more leadership from their Pres, O'Reilly says.

And the dim broads take that and walk off the set. It's almost as if the outrage was staged; like, well, I guess this is where we're supposed to walk off, eh, thinks Joyless, and Whoopsie follows her cue. I get the sense that no matter what he said, or when he said it, or whatever it was about, they were going to show him. Without, of course, thinking it through that it just might make them look like idiots.

And this thread has taken a similar tack. Is this about whether there should be a mosque built; or whether Bill O'Reilly is an insensitive turd; or whether the lib narrative is so close-minded that any attempt to look at something from a different vantage point is high heresy? I guess it's all of the above, but, man, that's some crazy drift. :confused:

JustRalph
11-19-2010, 06:00 PM
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/11/this_is_not_your_grandmothers.html

she just announced she is pregnant for the 2nd time............

http://images.nymag.com/images/2/daily/2010/11/19_megankelly_250x375.jpg

Some women have super bodies. They can overcome anything.

This lady is one of them.......... and having the brains to go along with it make her a superstar ..........some days I just want to bang my head on the desk......for a couple of different reasons..........don't get me wrong .... I like it.........

NJ Stinks
11-20-2010, 01:26 AM

This lady is one of them.......... and having the brains to go along with it make her a superstar ..........some days I just want to bang my head on the desk......for a couple of different reasons..........don't get me wrong .... I like it.........

Regrettably, I can't stand the sight of the woman. She ruins it every time when she her lips move.

newtothegame
11-20-2010, 01:31 AM
Regrettably, I can't stand the sight of the woman. She ruins it every time when she her lips move.

Get nervous just seeing her pic NJ? lol:lol:

JustRalph
11-20-2010, 02:02 AM

funny.......that's my favorite part.......... :lol:

one of my fav shots of her

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/files/original/BanderasKelly_7.21.JPG

bigmack
11-20-2010, 04:38 AM
All well & good that married schmoes have passing inclinations towards her but if she continues to pose like this for pics, professionals like myself are gonna start havin' ideas that have some beef.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/5191181559_ee81bca07e.jpg

JustRalph
11-20-2010, 05:50 AM
they couldn't find a black pair of pumps? They just had to go with red huh?

Rumor's abound that Roger Ailes is not happy about this. I wonder if she got permission from the boss.........?

bigmack
11-20-2010, 05:56 AM
they couldn't find a black pair of pumps? They just had to go with red huh?

Rumor's abound that Roger Ailes is not happy about this. I wonder if she got permission from the boss.........?
Big peeve in this camp about red kicks with a black outfit but that's another story.

Where you seein' this about Ailes?

You're not serious about 'permission' are you?

JustRalph
11-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Big peeve in this camp about red kicks with a black outfit but that's another story.

Where you seein' this about Ailes?

You're not serious about 'permission' are you?

read in the comments section of one of the conservative sites I frequent. If I can dig it up I will send you the link. I hit about ten or fifteen places a day......I might check my history.

The comments said that Fox News Contracts contain a clause that requires approval of Roger if they appear on another network, print publication or are the subject of a feature story anywhere.

I cannot imagine that her being the attorney she is, she would not have received permission. I do think this is about the raciest thing any Fox News type has ever done though. Maybe she wants out of her contract ? I am sure she could find work real fast ............

BlueShoe
11-20-2010, 09:10 AM
IMO, Megyn Kelly is the least attractive woman on the network, because she looks and talks like she is 100% B**CH.
Tend to agree with this. Very nice to look at, but she has too many hard edges. She is a conservative feminist, two things which are not really compatible. If she were a liberal, would then define her as the stereotypical FemiNazi.

Tom
11-20-2010, 09:40 AM

You know what goes good with red heels?

Nothing.

:eek:

BlueShoe
11-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Speaking of red, this am Fox Business Networks gorgeous redhead, Liz Claman, hosted Bulls and Bears on Fox. Beautiful, professional, and feminine, wish that she was a regular on Fox, not FBN, which I do not get unless I subscribe to another tier of costly channels, the usual cable company nonsense.

PaceAdvantage
11-21-2010, 11:45 PM

This lady is one of them.......... and having the brains to go along with it make her a superstar ..........some days I just want to bang my head on the desk......for a couple of different reasons..........don't get me wrong .... I like it.........That doesn't even look like her...and that's NOT a good thing... :lol: