PDA

View Full Version : Union members speak up on coerced political spending

andymays
10-12-2010, 12:10 PM
http://michellemalkin.com/2010/10/12/union-members-speak-up-on-coerced-political-spending/

Excerpt:

In Ohio, a teachers’ union member stands up against her union — which is usurping her union dues to campaign against her own husband, a Republican candidate for the state house of representatives:

cj's dad
10-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Most AFL-CIO affiliated unions have PAC's and a portion of each members monthly union dues go to supporting the unions candidate of choice, which is normally a Democrat.

Individual members have no voice in the choice of a candidate.

TJDave
10-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Individual members have no voice in the choice of a candidate.

Like every voter, union members are free to cast a ballot, in secrecy, for anyone they choose. In the end, it's the only voice that counts.

Tom
10-12-2010, 02:40 PM
But unions force to to support those you oppose. Nice.
I would starve in the streets before I would pay one penny in union dues.

boxcar
10-12-2010, 03:51 PM

Coercion. It's the Amerikan way. It's the brave, new "free" Amerika.

Boxcar

TJDave
10-12-2010, 04:00 PM

I doubt that this woman would support a republican if she wasn't related. ;)

Unions know where their bread is buttered. They support candidates that keep them at the trough. Any member who would vote for an anti-union candidate is an idiot. I'd expect that there are very few union members who fit this profile.

cj's dad
10-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Like every voter, union members are free to cast a ballot, in secrecy, for anyone they choose. In the end, it's the only voice that counts.

Apparently, you have no idea what the initials PAC stand for. A "Political Action Committee" supported by a local union is just that, a "committee".

The "committee" decides which candidate to support and that's it. have you ever belonged to a union?

I belonged to the UFCW for 15 years, the USA for 8 and the IUMSWA for 15;

What are your qualifications for making this statement.

bigmack
10-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Apparently, you have no idea what the initials PAC stand for. A "Political Action Committee" supported by a local union is just that, a "committee".
The "committee" decides which candidate to support and that's it. have you ever belonged to a union?
I belonged to the UFCW for 15 years, the USA for 8 and the IUMSWA for 15;
What are your qualifications for making this statement.
Before ya get overly riled, have you thought about the possibility that he was talking about casting a vote in an election as opposed to some silly PAC?

JustRalph
10-12-2010, 09:58 PM
But that political PAC can cancel out those union members votes many times over with their influence. That is the crux of the argument

cj's dad
10-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Before ya get overly riled, have you thought about the possibility that he was talking about casting a vote in an election as opposed to some silly PAC?

had he stated the following "union members are free to cast a ballot" in the actual municipal, state or federal election there would have been no doubt as to what he meant.