PDA

View Full Version : Power rankings after week 5

Valuist
10-12-2010, 10:13 AM
1. Baltimore---still number 1. Their pass D will get tested this week by Pats
2. NY Jets---lone loss was by 1 point to Ravens. If Sanchez limits mistakes they are very tough
3. Pittsburgh---get their QB back this week.
4. New England---will be interesting to see the offense minus Moss. Deion Branch is no Moss.
5. Indianapolis---workmanlike win over Chiefs. May be giving them the benefit of the doubt this high
6. Atlanta---the best of a terrible NFC? Cleveland isn't great but still not easy to win a non-conf game on the road.
7. NY Giants---D has looked like a monster the past 2 weeks.
8. Tennessee---Fisher's teams always are physical.
9. Philly---team didn't seem to miss a beat w/Kolb at QB last week.
10. Kansas City---played better than the 10 pt loss indicates at Indy. Bowe dropped a sure TD and the defense really harassed Manning.

Marshall Bennett
10-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Texans/Chiefs game should be intersesting. Texan's defense is simply horrible. I'll be taking Chiefs and whatever points given to me.

RaceBookJoe
10-12-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm excited for the "Panic Button Bowl" this week ( Dallas/Minn ) .

Jay Trotter
10-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Me too! My son is flying in from Vancouver and we're driving down for the game and catching a Wild/Canucks hockey game on the Tuesday! Looking forward to it! Too bad the Twins didn't hang around!

Trotter:ThmbUp:

I'm excited for the "Panic Button Bowl" this week ( Dallas/Minn ) .

Marlin
10-12-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm excited for the "Panic Button Bowl" this week ( Dallas/Minn ) .All will be well for one team and all will be done for the other. A very compelling match up.

BetHorses!
10-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Chiefs are not top 10 imo

Lets face it, Saints would be -7 at KC

Dolphins get there Special teams together, they can move up. Tough Sched so far

Valuist
10-12-2010, 10:55 PM
KC impressed me in the game at Indy. They frustrated Manning all day. Their team speed was every bit as good as Indy's. Score should've been much closer as Bowe dropped a sure TD pass. You could see the improvement in team speed in the season opener when they handled San Diego.

New Orleans could be a 7 pt fave (at home; NOT in KC; the Colts were only a 7 1/2 pt HOME fave vs KC and Indy is superior to NO this season) but only due to square/public money. The Saints have been the Aints; 0-5 now against the spread. No running game whatsoever with no Thomas or Bush. They beat an 0-5 SF team by 3 pts, and an 0-5 Carolina team (at home no less) by 2 pts.

ihatenyra
10-14-2010, 07:29 PM
I think both ny teams are rated too high. I know they haven't looked great but the saints are still a top 10 team

BetHorses!
10-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Valuist makes a good case agst the Saints and for the most part I agree. But the subject is Power Rankings and the Saints as far as Power Rankings go are still in top 10 imo

Saints were 6.5 at CARDS, but you are correct, I made mistake, Saints would be around -5 at KC