PDA

View Full Version : Arnold resigns

illinoisbred
10-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Roy Arnold has resigned from his position as Pres. of Arlington Park-a position he has held since 2006. Is this a good thing or an omen of worse things to come?

andymays
10-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Wasn't there a rumor several months ago that they might close up?

illinoisbred
10-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Wasn't there a rumor several months ago that they might close up?
Yes,but they were allotted 86 racing dates for next year. If things don't pick up,2012 might become "iffy".

Bettowin
10-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Darn, I thought you were referring to the Governor of Caaaaleefornia.

illinoisbred
10-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Sorry-the thread title is suggestive. It amazes me that the palatial Arlington(and it truly is a grand venue for midwest racing) suffers from such woes while it's homely sister track, Hawthorne saw increases in the overall handle last spring,and currently is experiencing a 5% increase this fall while abandoning sunday racing. I say AP should approach Jim Miller and offer him the Pres. position. He 's very fan friendly and clearly knows what he's doing!

Turkoman
10-11-2010, 02:10 PM

Me too, due to the controversy of the takeout increase.

BlueShoe
10-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Ditto. Thats three of us so far.

sandpit
10-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Short of pulling up the Polytrack, this is the best news out of AP in a long time...the guy demanded that everyone call him "The Colonel"...what a joke.

tbwinner
10-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Let's hope they bring back dirt, do some big customer service changes, change up the racing secretary and racing office, basically everything.

IB, you're right, somewhat funny that HAW is not only able to get better handle in spring and the beginning of this fall meet, but look at those full fields. Pales in comparison to that of AP and their 6-horse fields of $5k claimers.

therussmeister
10-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Even when Arlington was dirt Hawthorne had bigger fields, because they offer lower purses. Ironically, frequently less money equals bigger fields.