PDA

View Full Version : Lie, Cheat, Steal, Curse, Advocate Violence… and Manipulate Search Engines

andymays
10-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Main Stream Media Ignores Democrats’ 2010 Strategy: Lie, Cheat, Steal, Curse, Advocate Violence… and Manipulate Search Engines

http://bigjournalism.com/mpleahy/2010/10/11/main-stream-media-ignores-democrats-2010-strategy-lie-cheat-steal-curse-advocate-violence-and-manipulate-search-engines/

Excerpt:

You know it’s a bad year for the Democratic Ruling Class when the least morally questionable tactic from their side is advocated by the outer edges of the lunatic left wing blogosphere. Writing in yesterday’s DailyKos, Chris Bowers argued that liberal activists could help get out the vote by manipulating search engines so as to move negative articles about 98 Republican challengers up the Google rankings. This is a clever little manipulation whose efficacy, while limited, does have the added benefit of keeping those on the left who don’t suffer from an enthusiasm gap away from actually organizing to get-out-the vote.

boxcar
10-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Main Stream Media Ignores Democrats’ 2010 Strategy: Lie, Cheat, Steal, Curse, Advocate Violence… and Manipulate Search Engines

http://bigjournalism.com/mpleahy/2010/10/11/main-stream-media-ignores-democrats-2010-strategy-lie-cheat-steal-curse-advocate-violence-and-manipulate-search-engines/

Excerpt:

You know it’s a bad year for the Democratic Ruling Class when the least morally questionable tactic from their side is advocated by the outer edges of the lunatic left wing blogosphere. Writing in yesterday’s DailyKos, Chris Bowers argued that liberal activists could help get out the vote by manipulating search engines so as to move negative articles about 98 Republican challengers up the Google rankings. This is a clever little manipulation whose efficacy, while limited, does have the added benefit of keeping those on the left who don’t suffer from an enthusiasm gap away from actually organizing to get-out-the vote.

Well...one thing we know for certain: These great stalwarts of virtue and goodness on the Left are certainly tilted in the appropriate moral direction and, therefore, political one as well, aren't they?

Boxcar

serp
10-11-2010, 01:25 PM
It's called SEO. It has been a big deal outside political circles for a long time now. It is a business model by some. Big business spends great sums of money working on it.

Your options here are to cry in your beer while the opposition does it or jump on board and do it better. There is no side here that is above these type of tactics so let us not pander that thought process.

boxcar
10-11-2010, 03:22 PM
It's called SEO. It has been a big deal outside political circles for a long time now. It is a business model by some. Big business spends great sums of money working on it.

Your options here are to cry in your beer while the opposition does it or jump on board and do it better. There is no side here that is above these type of tactics so let us not pander that thought process.

Not surprised you'd excuse and endorse cheating. No wonder at all this country is in a sharp decline. But somehow I bet you wouldn't turn the other cheek (in a manner of speaking, of course) if the report had to do with Repug tactics. I betcha there would be a lot of that "panderin'" goin' on in that case. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

serp
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Not surprised you'd excuse and endorse cheating. No wonder at all this country is in a sharp decline. But somehow I bet you wouldn't turn the other cheek (in a manner of speaking, of course) if the report had to do with Repug tactics. I betcha there would be a lot of that "panderin'" goin' on in that case. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

It must be very hard for you to admit when you are wrong.

jballscalls
10-11-2010, 04:01 PM
It must be very hard for you to admit when you are wrong.

you will never see that happen on this board. according to him it's cause he's never wrong :)

boxcar
10-11-2010, 04:29 PM
you will never see that happen on this board. according to him it's cause he's never wrong :)

Exactly! I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong. ;) In fact, I have a better batting average than my main man El Rushbo. :lol:

Boxcar

TJDave
10-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Andrew Breitbart presents???

The guy's got mega-chutzpah.

Fall down funny! :lol: :lol:

PhantomOnTour
10-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Did Fox News report on this?

andymays
10-11-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm pretty sure the author makes his points one by one. Are any of his points made up?

JustRalph
10-11-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm pretty sure the author makes his points one by one. Are any of his points made up?

not that I can tell. All of the points in the article are true and factual from what I read.

mostpost
10-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah, all of them.
Alan Grayson took video of his opponent, Daniel Webster, saying “don’t rely upon the Bible verse that says wives, submit to your husbands,” edited out the word “don’t,” and ran a television commercial claiming Webster supported something he had clearly advised against.
Not exactly. Mr. Grayson's campaign did delete the word "don't" from the speech. By doing so they changed what Webster said in that particular speech. They did not change, or misrepresent, what Mr. Webster believes.
Mr. Webster is an active member of the "Institute in Basic Life Principles." He participates in their seminars, he teaches classes. The IBLP believes:
A mother violates scripture if she works outside the home.
A woman should not "take over" in times of crisis.
A woman should submit to her husbands physical needs lest he she damage his psyche.
A woman should submit to her husbands spiritual leadership. (As if she doesn't have a mind of her own.)
It is not just through his membership in IBLP that we see Mr. Webster's attitude toward women. He has proposed legislation establishing what he calls Covenant marriage. Under Covenant Marriage, divorce would only be allowed in cases of adultery. Under Covenant Marriage a woman who was being physically or sexually abused would have no recourse.
the brother to Missouri Democratic Congressman Russ Carnahan and Missouri Democratic Senate nominee Robin Carnahan was able to legally steal about $100 million of Stimulus money to prop up a wind farm project.
"Legally steal?" If it's legal, it's not stealing. The author tries to make it seem that Tom Carnahan received the grant because his brother is a congresman.
The truth is the money is allocated based on a very specific set of benchmarks. The law specifies what a company must do to be eligible. Mr. Carnahan's company satisfied the criteria. It got the money. Other companies
also satisfied the criteria and they also got money.
As for the amount, the legislation specifies 30%.
Minnesota Democrat challenger to Michelle Bachmann aired a television commercial in which she said Bachmann “doesn’t do **** for the district.” And of course, in California, Democratic gubernatorial nominee Jerry Brown’s staff was recorded calling Meg Whitman “a whore.”
The Bachmann ad does not use profanity. It uses a bleep which can be construed to indicate profanity, if your mind works that way.
As for the Whitman comment, while repugnant, it was not made publicly. It was made in private and inadvertently recorded on an answering machine. How was it made public? Is there not something illegal about copying something from a person's private answering machine?
The top of the ticket, while not on the ballot, has contributed significantly to this strategy. Their specialty, of course, is advocating violence. Earlier, Vice President Joseph Biden promised to “strangle” any Republican who brought up the problem of that gigantic public debt again. And last week, President Obama warned of “hand to hand combat” on Capitol Hill if the Republicans win the House. I didn’t see any mainstream media types rebuke the President for suggesting the use of violence to thwart the electoral will of the people.
When you were a kid and acccidentally stayed out past your curfew, did you never say "Oh no!!! My father is going to kill me. Did you really think your father was going to commit homicide? Biden used "Strangle" to indicate frustration. Obama used the term "Hand to Hand combat" to express an upcoming political struggle.
Mr. Leahy understands these things, but he misconstrues them for the benefit of his gullible audience.

andymays
10-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Mosty, I couldn't read your post after your defense of Grayson. Most Liberals condemned his ad.

mostpost
10-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Mosty, I couldn't read your post after your defense of Grayson. Most Liberals condemned his ad.
The ad was improper. It was dumb. It was deceitful, but it did not misrepresent Webster's views.

JustRalph
10-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Unprincipled is all I can say

delayjf
10-11-2010, 11:23 PM
"Legally steal?" If it's legal, it's not stealing. The author tries to make it seem that Tom Carnahan received the grant because his brother is a congresman.
The truth is the money is allocated based on a very specific set of benchmarks. The law specifies what a company must do to be eligible. Mr. Carnahan's company satisfied the criteria. It got the money. Other companies
also satisfied the criteria and they also got money.
As for the amount, the legislation specifies 30%.

Boy, you never talked like that when Haliburton was getting theirs.

mostpost
10-12-2010, 12:42 AM
"

Boy, you never talked like that when Haliburton was getting theirs.
You mean when Haliburton was stealing theirs. :rolleyes:

johnhannibalsmith
10-12-2010, 01:22 AM
...It uses a bleep which can be construed to indicate profanity, if your mind works that way...

Please enlighten me as to the numerous alternate ways an ordinary mind would construe a loud bleep midsentence, particularly when an obscenity would seem to fit awfully well in the context.

If your mind works that way... phrased insultingly... when any mind that doesn't work that way is on life support...